538.com: Most Loved and Hated Teams in the NFL

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like everything Buffalo, we need to be on the polar ends of the spectrum!

One of the least loved and most hated teams? I find that hard to believe. When I tell people I'm a Bills fan I usually get a "I respect them, I'd like to see them win someday" (uh, me too bro...).

As an aside, I was traveling for work the past few days and I saw like 6 people rocking Bills gear! Happy to see Bills nation representing out there. :beer:

538 usually explains their stats a lot better than simply saying they commissioned a company and this:

Specifically, the poll was conducted among a national sample of adults ages 18 and older, from Sept. 1-7. Only responses from self-described NFL fans (including those who labeled themselves “casual” fans) were included in the analysis.

In other words...they ommitted their sample size, and I happen to think that it's incredibly small. I think most casual fans aged 18-30 might not know a single thing about the Buffalo Bills.

The ratings include the top 3 responses. If Patriots, Jets and Dolphins fans include the Bills in their top 3 most hated teams, that's three huge markets and fan bases. So while I was surprised to see the Bills in the top 10 most hated teams, I think that is how we got there.