Extreme Hypothetical

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just follow players I like and continue on with Fantasy Football. I couldn't root for another team. Especially, another New York team.

...maybe this belongs in the pet peeve thread, but there is only ONE team from New York! :)

I would probably go for either the Packers or Chiefs. Chiefs were my first favorite team after watching the early 70s OT Christmas day game or the Packers. I agree similar area to Buffalo and, as historian of Buffalo Bills draft blunders, I never cease to wonder what if we didnt make the move up for JP we could of had Rogers the next year. Think how long ago JP seems, and Rogers is still going at a top of the game, elite level.

The problem is, that Pegula already owns the Sabres. He can't own both teams per NFL by-laws.

He clearly can own multiple teams in same city. And other sports teams in other non NFL cities.

He could own the SA Spurs right now if he wished. But not the Dallas Mavs as they have an NFL team.

He could own a CFL team in Buffalo and could own any CFL team in any city that doesn't have a NFL team.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/nfl-has-cleared-kroenke-of-cross-ownership-issue/article_d9376241-433c-57dd-8364-b63fbc757274.html

Edited by cba fan

I never found the appeal. I thought it was sophomoric at best. Personally, I wouldn't want to be associated with such low brow attempts at humor but some here just can't help themselves.

Exactly. It's plain as day, explained in this article right here. No need to beat a dead horse. We get the joke.

NFL Ownership By-Laws

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

I would switch to college. I watch a decent amount of college games now. There are multiple great games every week.

The NFL has maybe 2 marquee games a week.

Without the Bills , I would just quit the NFL as I don't live in a city with a team.

Maybe if I move, I would adopt a new team but most likely not

All I know is the Bills franchise has already toyed with the idea of Seattle in the 1970s and Toronto. I'm sure there'd be some fans stay on but over time they'd all have died off similar to conquered tribes they'd be forgotten by the time the last living Bills fan was deceased.

I would probably go for either the Packers or Chiefs. Chiefs were my first favorite team after watching the early 70s OT Christmas day game or the Packers. I agree similar area to Buffalo and, as historian of Buffalo Bills draft blunders, I never cease to wonder what if we didnt make the move up for JP we could of had Rogers the next year. Think how long ago JP seems, and Rogers is still going at a top of the game, elite level.

That hurts. JP seems like a long time ago, and Rodgers is still at that elite level. Could'of, should'of :wallbash:

...only two pro sports teams I can think of for Buffalo are the AHL Buffalo Bisons and NBA Buffalo Braves that left......neither of which caused a great furor when they vacated...BUT NEITHER had the long rooted presence of the NFL Bills going back to 1960......The Bills have been and still are an economic staple....going elsewhere would be a crushing blow.....yet two gluttoness pigs as in Jones and Snyder would love to see such "small market parasites" go away...forget that Ralph was and founding father and these two bought their way into the fraternity, 1989 and 1999 respectively, thinking they should call the shots..Kronke is another financial whore moving the Rams to LA (see their attendance Sunday?)...let him build his $1.2 bil mausoleum and go belly up.....Kelly et al never had a pot to pee pee in..all talk......

I believe the Bisons ended when the Sabres began. I also still follow the NBA but only casually followed the former Braves after they moved to San Diego and pretty much stopped when guys like Randy Smith retired. Now that I'm in Northern California, the Clippers are the enemy to the Warriors.

Before I found out there was a Buffalo Bills football team, as a kid, the first NFL game I ever watched was the Ice Bowl with Green Bay beating the Dallas Cowboys. Today the only teams I follow/love are the Bills.. If the Bills were moved, I would follow the Packers.

A friend and I were talking the other day about what we would have done if Pegula hadn't bought and saved the Bills. Hypothetically, if The Bills would have left town, and changed their identity completely, (name, logo, colors, jersey, etc), would you have rooted for a CFL expansion version of the Buffalo Bills, same logo, name, same or slightly modified jerseys/colors, would you still consider yourself a Bills fan? Root hard? Season tickets?

EDIT: What if the ownership group was led by some combination of Kelly/Bruce/Andre/Thurman?

I stopped reading at "A friend."