Shaq Lawson

Wayne Arnold

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What type of determination?

That teams don't draft 4-3 DE's in round 1 for their run defense?

How will a healthy year from Shaq change that.........are teams going to rush to the podium for DE's who can beat a TE's block in run defense?

Ability/skill.

I didn't check to compare their 40 times.

Think I made the point pretty clear about different skill levels.

Shaq has some clear deficiencies as a pass rusher........the first and most debilitating to his pass rush game is a terrible first step.

I'm not saying he could never have a 10 sack season...........but those are A LOT harder to string together than most people seem to understand here...........and what YOU are proposing.......that he could put up healthy Justin Houston numbers.......a guy who once had over 20 sacks.........that's a REAL reach.

At the same time, we saw 1 game of Shaq, fully healthy , and in a new scheme and Lorax took the majority of snaps on 3rd downs , where their only responsibility is to get pressure, we don't know Shaq's ceiling, let's get a bigger sample size.

How about him at DT on a couple plays? I think the kid is going to be a beast , and is a perfect compliment to Hughes.

At the same time, we saw 1 game of Shaq, fully healthy , and in a new scheme and Lorax took the majority of snaps on 3rd downs , where their only responsibility is to get pressure, we don't know Shaq's ceiling, let's get a bigger sample size.

How about him at DT on a couple plays? I think the kid is going to be a beast , and is a perfect compliment to Hughes.

No need for a larger sample size. BADOL and a few others here already know exactly what Shaq is going to become and that he wasn't worth a first-round pick.

But don't ask for real evidence (film examples, statistics, etc.), you'll have to just take their word for it.

You like your first round pick to impact the game.

If Shaq can basically shut down the running game on his side of the field, I say he is having an impact.

He is slow off the ball but that is what he does. It doesn't appear to affect his ability to contain.

Sacks are overrated. Contain and apply pressure is Shaq's forte.

He will get his sacks as a result of breakdowns when the QB is disrupted from getting the ball out as planned.

I love the run defense this year, and Shaq is an important part of that. It helps he has MD, JH and KW on that line with him.

If he only has 5 - 6 sacks this season but shuts down the ability of the opposing defense to effectively run on his side of the field, he will have "done his job".

No need for a larger sample size. BADOL and a few others here already know exactly what Shaq is going to become and that he wasn't worth a first-round pick.

But don't ask for real evidence (film examples, statistics, etc.), you'll have to just take their word for it.

Here's a stat.

1 sack in his NFL career.

But some of those same guys want us to give Marcell more time....

Thats a pretty good response considering you have egg all over your face.

And we are coming up on game TWO of a 16 game season

Jesus your takes are bad

Lol JfH would pride himself on 2 sacks instead of one on the career of a second year 1st round player.

Enjoy!

Edited by jmc12290

Its......one.....game

In all honesty Im not worried about this right now....sacks come in bunches for these guys and by the end of the season I think he will have a respectable total....

one game or not, he hasn't shown much to what people want and expect. He hasn't shown growth or development either

Lol JfH would pride himself on 2 sacks instead of one on the career of a second year 1st round player.

Enjoy!

I dont know if I should bother to point out just how wrong this post is.....

naaaaa

one game or not, he hasn't shown much to what people want and expect. He hasn't shown growth or development either

I just think you have to look at production over a collection of games.....

Last year? I throw that out and dont even count it