Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

I was pleased with what I saw from Tyrod.

I don't think he played any better than the past two seasons. I think he played a little smarter (slides and getting out of bounds). But, of course, those slides and getting out of bounds were primarily due to his own indecisiveness - which has always been one of my biggest knocks on him.

He certainly wasn't "unleashed," but he did make a couple nice throws.

It was nice to get a win.

The next three weeks are my final litmus test - and I won't base anything on wins/losses.

As much as I'd like to say I'm confident in him, I simply cannot.

But I am still VERY optimistic about the future of this team.

Go Bills.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not everyone...transplant is the north pole of Tyrod supporters. He simply tries to back it up with things not written by him for support of his theories.

I was pleasantly suprised that Tyrod worked the middle of the field today and made more plays from the pocket.

He had a solid day. I am waiting to see if he can do this consistantly.

Lets keep in mind that the jets have a pretty good D.....its their O that is in shambles

Onto the next game

If I'm the North Pole of the Taylor supporters and I said he wasn't amazing, just good or really good, then I think that just increases the veracity of what I said before regarding Extreme vs Middle even more 0:)

Its not everyone...transplant is the north pole of Tyrod supporters. He simply tries to back it up with things not written by him for support of his theories.

I was pleasantly suprised that Tyrod worked the middle of the field today and made more plays from the pocket.

He had a solid day. I am waiting to see if he can do this consistantly.

Lets keep in mind that the jets have a pretty good D.....its their O that is in shambles

Onto the next game

Solid day. That is the best way I have seen his game today put to words.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-game-recaps-for-all-the-week-1-matchups

I know folks are gonna love this so this will be entertaining, but according to PFF, since Thursday among the 24 teams and 12 games, Taylor's "refocused: game recap" grade was the 3rd highest, behind only Alex Smith and Matthew Stafford.

Look TT did very good today

It was one game. Like McDermott said

To paraphrase

don't get cocky

I will wait and let you rewatch it. The throw was late and behind.

Clay could of done more, but TT needs to throw the ball at the end of his drop.

The Int is as much on TT as on clay.

Man, not every throw is 100 percent perfect. That throw was absoeffinglutely good enough and should have been caught by a $6 million per year TE. Edited by dave mcbride

If I'm the North Pole of the Taylor supporters and I said he wasn't amazing, just good or really good, then I think that just increases the veracity of what I said before regarding Extreme vs Middle even more 0:)

I don't know what you're still getting so worked up over. Surely you know by now that nothing you say is going to change people's opinions of Tyrod. Much like what they say won't change your opinion of him.

A summary of fan reactions on Taylor that I've seen today:

1) He was great. If not for his inept teammates, especially Clay, the Bills would have had 40 points. He is totally underrated.

2) He sucked. If not for the great play of his teammates the Bills would have lost. This team is all Shady and the defense.

3) He was average, which is a huge relief after a terrible preseason.

4) He was average, which is huge let down after all the talk of unleashing a new, modern offense.

Edited by vincec

A summary of fan reactions on Taylor that I've seen today:

1) He was great. If not for his inept teammates, especially Clay, the Bills would have had 40 points. He is totally underrated.

2) He sucked. If not for the great play of his teammates the Bills would have lost. This team is all Shady and the defense.

3) He was average, which is a huge relief after a terrible preseason.

4) He was average, which is huge let down after all the talk of unleashing a new, modern offense.

I'm around #3. He was good, not great. I think somewhat improved in terms of seeing the whole field and throwing with anticipation--which was nice since his WR's are new.

Tyrod was unleashed alright 16/28 224 2TD 1 int. kind of like what he usually does. Nothing spectacular, he was ok today and average at best against a god awful team. Better test next week.

Agree those are his normal game stats, however he only attempted 3 passes in the entire 4th quarter, and only 2 after the TD that gave us a 9 point lead. He was on a good pace until we started killing clock to seal the win.

Also, crazy how 1 play can change stats so much, but if that INT was caught as an 8 yard TD his passer rating today would've been 122.9 instead of 92.0 :lol:

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Today's game was almost as boring as the 6-3,Cleveland game a few years back. Tyrod showed that he still sucks. Still nice to see the only win of the year on such a beautiful day.

Its lovely to see JM and transplant still holding onto to their Tyrod dreams just like on the bbmb. Keep the faith fellas. He blows.

Tyrod played a nice game. If you take back the drop in the end zone it was really good. I always judge a QB on a few things (because it's all that matters): TD to turnover, 3rd down and RZ efficiency. He played well in all of those areas. It wasn't perfect but it was a good and effective game. That was a solid "B" from me.

Tyrod played a nice game. If you take back the drop in the end zone it was really good. I always judge a QB on a few things (because it's all that matters): TD to turnover, 3rd down and RZ efficiency. He played well in all of those areas. It wasn't perfect but it was a good and effective game. That was a solid "B" from me.

Agreed.