If the Colts really suck, would they trade Luck to Buffalo?

BADOLBILZ

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this "swap bad contracts" thing a running joke, on here, that I missed, or do SO FEW people understand that this IS NOT a thing. In a different sport, yes, you could trade Ellsbury's bad contract for Pujols' bad contract, and the money would wash... but the NFL is completely different. If Dareus is traded, we would have his cap figure due BY US increase by four million to $20-$22M, PLUS have to take on whatever base salary was due to Luck, probably $15-$20M. So, we trade a guy making $16M and suddenly our room under the cap goes from around $7M all the way to -$12M to -$17M. Super.

I think trading multiple 1st round picks for a QB who has been battered frequently and even beaten by the Bills is a mistake.

I think in any other AFC division he is not even the best QB in division.

outside Brady he'd be the best in our entiredivision since... Kelly and Marino?

Bear with me as I play a little Madden here, but with the rumor that Luck's camp was pushing for a trade, it got me thinking...

We have a lot of ammo to use. What if we wanted to at least float an offer?

Would you go all picks and give them our 2 1sts and a 2nd?

What about Dareus and the Bills 1st? Swap contracts...

What about Dareus, Tyrod, and KC's 1st? They get a qb to fill in, we can let Peterman start until after the Bye. Or heck the rest of the season.

I know, I know, it's crazy. Is Dareus for Luck the new Mario for Skelton? B-)

A person can be many things on a message board. I just don't understand why you chose to be stupid!

Trading dareus would require an ossweiler type trade. We would have to give up a pick also and get nothing in return or a lesser pick. If they want Taylor then he goes in but they may not. It would take picks. Lots of picks plus maybe some good your players like Lawson and white. Even then they would not do it.