One thing I've noticed is Kyle rarely talk now. Could it be

Cherrybone

People have to stop thinking that they know more than the actual coaches front office. I think what happens in Buffalo is that we tend to cling to individual players heavily because that's all we've been able to be proud of....individual accomplishments. As far as I'm concerned, this is what SHOULD happen when a new coach takes over. I mean just think about it, were any of the players that the Bills traded or released the missing link to getting to the playoffs?? Probably not. Kyle is fine, he's a captain so I wouldn't look into it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really sure why you say Kyle rarely talks. He's given plenty of interviews already this offseason.

Here's another one from just the other day.

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/williams-expects-overall-improvement-defense

"It really wasn't this big, agonizing decision. I always wanted to play," Williams said with Howard Simon and Jeremy White on WGR Thursday morning. "It was just the question mark of what our new direction was going to be and if [the team] wanted me to be a part of it. When I talked to Sean [McDermott], he was like, 'Yeah, we definitely want you to be part of it.' That's really as far as the conversation really went. I said, 'If you want me to play and you want me back, I'm definitely in to play.' So here we are: year number-12, getting ready to go."

Don't know if it was in here or reported but Kyle was at his grandmother's funeral the days that he was missing.

Also, Bills approached him about reworking his deal and he threatened to retire if they did. He wants a lot of money to stay after this year.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I posted this in the Kyle Williams thread but didn't want it to be buried. Mods, feel free to delete this if you think it needs to be.

Don't know if it was in here or reported but Kyle was at his grandmother's funeral the days that he was missing.

Also, Bills approached him about reworking his deal and he threatened to retire if they did. He wants a lot of money to stay after this year.

No problem and agreed

....ditto....but he'll be gone next year as far as wanting "lots of money to stay"......he'll be 35 in June 2018 and i'm not sure what he expects as "big money" on the open market, which will be nowhere near the $8.3 mil he gets in 2017 IMO....

I posted this in the Kyle Williams thread but didn't want it to be buried. Mods, feel free to delete this if you think it needs to be.

Hmmm .... so he's NOT really doing just for the nookie. Or because he loves the Bills. Or because he loves Buffalo.

But what about building a team and signability? :rolleyes:

Good inside info, thanks. I don't think Kyle likes the new regime at all. If we had let Tyrod go he certainly would not be here right now.

Doubtful. I just think he's tired of being short-changed. He's been underpaid his entire career because of his loyalty. That hasn't gotten him much. Meanwhile, the dope next to him who still acts like he's 15 years old and isn't nearly as good a player gets paid like an elite quarterback.

Edited by Wayne Arnold