Good Ole Myths on the Eve of new Season

1.) Eveybody wants it. I know, we think our guys want it more. The other guys want it just as badly. That will play zero factor in anything.

2.) it doesn't matter how loud your stadium. So if you think that the stadium being a "Rick in" will help at all? Nope. tthat will play no factor on anything.

3.) injuries to your opponent outside of the quarterback will have little to no impact on the outcome of the game. You might get excited when you hear that the guard for one of your teams opponents is about quarterback still gonna be a challenge.

4.). Finally both sides give rousing speech is pregame you only hear about the weinnjng sites rousing speech you never hear about how your guys who just lost by 30 had a guy set up at the locker room and pour their heart out after they get blown out

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about "high character" or "leadership" or "sacrifice" meaning anything when the same thing wins every year - good QB play with average to above average defense.

There will be that one running team that bucks the trend and gets eliminated faster than McBeane trade talent for late round picks that amount to 0.

Edited by Elite Poster

My favorites:

- The more reps in OTAs and Training Camp the better you'll be

- Now that he knows nobody is looking over his shoulder he can go out and execute

- More time in the system

- Doesn't fit the system

- The biggest jump is Year one to Year two

- Running the ball is more important, after all we play in Buffalo

- Need that Special Teams versatility

- The only thing we can do is work hard and correct mistakes

- We're always looking for ways to make this team better

execute

- The biggest jump is Year one to Year two

Except that one is very often true. Part of it is players getting used to the league and developing their skill etc bur for me a lot of it is the way the draft season works. Rookies basically are on the go for a year and a half by the time their rookie season ends....

College seasons

Combine and pro day prep

Combines and pro days

The draft

Rookie camp

OTAa

Mini Camp

Training camp

Rookie season

I think we often don't see the best of rookies because they are shattered!

Gel: the claim that a crappy offensive line will block better during the regular season because the guys will have come to know each other better during training camp and preseason. "The offensive line needs a little more time to gel." Translation: the OL sucks.

Gel can apply to other units as well, but in B-lo, it's been applied to the OL for more than a decade.