is jonathan williams next? - update: now cut

ronnieroscoe

McDermott and Beane have a long, long ways to go before they show me they have any half of Doug Whaley's eye for talent procurement

This exactly. Sure you don't like Whaley, but we can surely be worse off after this regime gets through with us.

Edited by What a Tuel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beane hates Whaley. That just about wipes out Whaley's draft classes. Heads up Nick O'Leary, Shaq, and John Miller(who is about to get cut for tomato can Vlad). Jonathon Williams looked really good. Beane couldn't get a pick at

...if that is the top priority premise on how personnel decisions are made, irrespective of talent, we are royally screwed....I'll be dead and you'll be explaining to your GREAT grandchildren about the last time Buffalo made the playoffs....thought we hired Brandon Beane but lookin' more like Bubba Bean so far.....Tolbert vs Williams reeks of nepotism stench.....

i really liked Jwill. I think I was one of the only ones defending him after his rookie year. Most thought he was slow and unimpressive. I thought he was still overcoming injury and had a shot to contribute this year. Looked good in camp. Oh well, maybe he gets PS'd.

I actually think that they are gambling on keeping him on the PS. They are looking to add starting talent and JWill is not a starter, but eligible for the practice squad.

Boy Whaley sure knew how to pick em

Yeah, lets blindly trust these nobodies.

But to review: EJ - backup qb for SB contender

Woods - big offseason contract

Kiko - nice offseason contract and traded for one of the best rbs in the NFL

Hopkins - really good K for Was

Darby - traded for a wr with solid numbers and a 3rd

Sammy - bad trade but still traded for a player and a 2nd

The way some of you talk about Whaley, you'd think these guys would be out of the NFL.

Keeping Jones has nothing to do with running backs. They like him at gunner. That one makes sense. We get bent out of shape about them keeping players for ST abilities (at least some here do), but when we have bad special teams, that's no fun.

While I like Banyard, I don't get keeping him over Jonathan Williams. Letting Gillislee go made sense b/c you had a young player ready to move into a spot that has been historically plug-and-play, and grooming Williams for McCoy's spot should he slow down made sense.

I'm wondering if maybe there's a running back who got cut elsewhere that McDermott has his eye on. Or, I guess, they'll be taking an RB with one of their hundred picks next year.

All that said, I'm pretty close to my tipping point too. John Miller being cut or traded, which seems almost likely now, would make me feel like this whole roster churn had more to do with a near-obsession with getting rid of recent picks that were not his. I've been denying this up til now, but this move is just peculiar....doesn't really hurt the team next year that much, but seems out-of-line with the other moves.

i am with you

We haven't made the playoffs in 17 years,yet we should just keep the same players?

He was young, so what? He had a good run in the 4th PRESEASON game, so what?

these aren't all the same players from 17 years. They were recent picks to build on.

Chris Ballard is doing the same thing in Indy. Total roster overhaul.

Which is the correct thing to do. I really would have started with the older guys like Hughes and Shady this year and purged even more, but this approach is fine too. FWIW, I disliked getting rid of Sammy, but I get it