Bills' Roster Cuts to the 53 Man Limit

26CornerBlitz

You do realize he lead the NFL in ypc last year AND lead the league in 3rd and short conversion %...............THAT is insane.

And accumulating over 800 yards at 5.7 ypc is more than just "efficient" :lol: ..........still production, kiddo.

YPC and Conversion % are efficiency statistics.

I rest my case.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Average NFL front offices do not consistently hit on their 1s and 2s though. They consistently end up with JAGS from those picks. And sure you hope to find the odd star in rounds 3 and 4.... but I am content with the high floor and low ceiling guys in the 3rd. Picking those guys like... Robert Woods for example... in the 2nd is more of an issue.

Edit: take even a good organisation like the Packers. Since Rodgers in 05 they have hit on basically 3 first round picks. Clay Matthews has been a stud and Bulaga and Clinton-Dix have been solid players... but at 2nd tier positions in RT and S.

My problem with the picks was that I viewed them as low ceiling players at positions of low value.

I stand by that......though if I recall you think Miller is really exceptional, I do not.

The Bills "kinda" hit on them........but they are so meh that they don't really transition well to different schemes........they've been pretty Jaggy to this point at least.

What hurts is when that low ceiling, low position value pick flops. Kelvin Sheppard was a poor starter.

Bills were lucky to be able to trade him for Hughes but that was ANOTHER recent pick the Bills used in the early rounds to fill an ILB position that really isn't THAT talent critical in the NFL.

I stand by that......though if I recall you think Miller is really exceptional, I do not.

I am a Miller fan but I don't think he is exceptional. I think he had a better rookie year than he got credit for and I think he was a solid, little above average NFL guard last year and always projected as a solid two contract starter to me. I am absolutely okay with that kind of pick in the third.

I am a Miller fan but I don't think he is exceptional. I think he had a better rookie year than he got credit for and I think he was a solid, little above average NFL guard last year and always projected as a solid two contract starter to me. I am absolutely okay with that kind of pick in the third.

Vlad and Millis are horrible. I'd agree with them but trading for player who has been on 3 roster and likely cut Bill's traded for today. Miller is much better then those both combined. IMV

Especially for a roster that was relatively average. This wasn't the 0-16 lions.

I personally think last years roster is much better then this one, but I'm wiling to give it the benefit of the doubt. With so much turnover, it's hard to know what this team will be like. I guess we are due for a pleasant surprise...at some point law of avg might kick in

I think the fact that he hasn't played better probably helps the chances of the Bills potentially re-signing him.

That's the problem with drafting those lower value positions early.......if they actually pan out they are more valuable as "hole patches" in free agency to teams that have cheap stars at key positions. :lol:

If I can't justify re-upping a player that turns into a star because of his position.......he's not a top 100 pick for me.

3rd round comp portion or 4th round......OK........so we probably disagree by a round.

I personally think last years roster is much better then this one, but I'm wiling to give it the benefit of the doubt. With so much turnover, it's hard to know what this team will be like. I guess we are due for a pleasant surprise...at some point law of avg might kick in

I'd take the 2016 team straight up with the right coach over this one. We had more talent and one of our only holdovers, the starting qb, now doesn't fit the scheme great.

I actually am not upset at all about any move. Its fine.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah ok bud. Might wanna check ur post log for the day.

You've been crying all day abt a future lifetime practice squad receiver, a backup guard, and a #5 CB.

Bragging about making money on ur season tickets... Ur so cool.

Keep going tho bro. U keep me entertained.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah ok bud. Might wanna check ur post log for the day.

You've been crying all day abt a future lifetime practice squad receiver, a backup guard, and a #5 CB.

Bragging about making money on ur season tickets... Ur so cool.

Keep going tho bro. U keep me entertained.

Because of what they respresent there tough guy. More double speak and spin out of OBD.

The moves themselves the players could give two *****

So you are expecting McDermott to pull the wool over on guys like Belichick or Andy Reid with his less talented rosters?

Jauron was a good defensive coach........he totally cleaned up a sloppy, undisciplined ship left behind by Mularkey........I'd say he was probably a better football coach than Ron Rivera..........but he wasn't good enough to beat ANY good opponents without the talent to support his conservative systems and ultimately he had a lot of say in his mediocre rosters.

Jauron was a very good defensive coach under Coughlin in Jax. They never became great when he was dc (1995-98), but they got better every year after starting out in 95 as a woeful expansion team. Edited by dave mcbride

I'm a little bit in shock how quickly some seem to turn on this new staff. Is it just a few over and over on here or are there actually a lot of people losing faith in the gm and coach before this season even starts?

I'm actually in favor of all the moves they've made. Took me some time to understand but I actually like what they're doing. This season was always gonna be a wash. Even before they took over it's not a solid playoff roster. I don't see it being much different now. They're hoping to compete and maybe with a little luck catch lightning in a bottle.

I can see them going anywhere from 4-12 to 10-6.

Depending on health and chemistry.

Rex is gone but I think it's still the same model being used. "Bully" in your face smashmouth football. Control the clock with the run, keep the defense fresh, grind out some 17-10 wins. How else do you see the team competing? There has not been the personnel to air it out 40 times a game and win 35-10 in a very long time. Maybe it's just me or the times nowadays to criticize everything and first take debate every little thing but I don't get it. Double talk from coaches and gm's is the norm in this league I don't think that makes them less credible. The Rex era was a tire fire from day one. Whaley in my opinion wasn't the worst thing ever but it was time for him to go. I like what I'm seeing from these new guys. Nobody is safe, locker room presence and intelligence means something. Vlad may suck, but none of us have a clue what he brings to the table in terms of helping guys learn the blocking schemes or if he will still be here week 1 or week 10. None of us have a clue who they're targeting bringing in here to upgrade positions. Or if they even feel they need to upgrade or add depth.

I think all this negativity comes from people not understanding the team philosophy being built because they want to see explosive offenses like Green Bay or Atlanta or something. That's not gonna be this team.

Look at Carolina, they're basically a college run gimmick offense. But they have success if they actually control the clock. Front 4 stays fresh and gets pressure which makes their terrible secondary look decent cause they only have to cover for 3 seconds, any longer and they get exposed. That's kinda the model we're going for. Run run run mixed in with some dump downs to shady and short completions to the tight ends.

Sorry just my 2 cents