Bills' Roster Cuts to the 53 Man Limit

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether they keep Preston after this year is certainly debatable but I'm not sure I think he is a clone of Ragland. Brown definitely moves better. Brown is a 4-3 MLB. Rags is a 3-4 two down player only.

Physically they are remarkably similar.

This was conveniently overlooked by supporters of his selection last year.

Since then, the story about who is smarter and moves better when healthy has been a teeter-totter....forget the fact that Preston Brown was the son of a coach, he was an idiot because people wanted their fresh bag of Ragnuts..........but hard to say now with Ragland still recovering from the knee injury.

We have no idea when healthy if he can play any better in a 3-4 than a 4-3.....it's 100% projection.

What I do think is that neither of them is anything exceptional and they have used a #2, a #3 and two #4's on them which is batsh*t crazy for a position where you can find a serviceable starter in FA for $6M range or much less.

Gerry you are just a raving idiot.......you want a 100% love em or 100% hate em takes........and that's not how it actually works if you are reasonable.

Trading up for Ragnuts was a terrible decision...........taking him in the second round at all would have been a very poor use of draft assets.......I said it at the time........in fact I said taking him early would be a mistake time and again all the way leading UP to the draft, not just after it.

And it wasn't that I thought he was terrible it was that he was just OK at a non-critical position and they already had a virtual clone of Ragland in Preston Brown.

But, I didn't BLAST the organization for getting rid of him.

My take on both he and Darby's trades were that both of them are guys you can get in ANY draft........not *huge* losses.....but there is the matter of Preston Brown being a free agent after the season.......and something will have to be done about that now rather than possibly just transitioning to Ragnuts.

No.

Gerry just creates whatever narrative he wants to and when he's called on his false-facts he just moves on to the next scoop of bulls*t. :lol:

Then who said this:

Again......someone making no sense.

McDermott got rid of Watkins, Kujo, Darby and Ragnuts........and appears to want to dump Miller too.

And Shaq and Preston Brown still have starting jobs.

An educated guess is that they would ALL be here still with most coaches so let's not act like they played themselves off the roster just to prop up the new HC.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Even though you were 100% in the Ragland evaluation, you can still slam Beane & McD for cutting ties with the above players. Really?

Again, only the Watkins move doesn't make any sense from a football perspective, making me think there's far more involved in that decision than meets the eye. But all those other players are easily replaced, and I would not deem them as anything resembling a building core for the future.

Edited by GG

And if he ends up being backup to Miller....what's the problem?

Let's wait until the dust settles before casting judgement :rolleyes:

Because he flat out sucks. Has sucked ever since he has came in the league.

Only got this chance because he is a pet project

Physically they are remarkably similar.

This was conveniently overlooked by supporters of his selection last year.

Since then, the story about who is smarter and moves better when healthy has been a teeter-totter....forget the fact that Preston Brown was the son of a coach, he was an idiot because people wanted their fresh bag of Ragnuts..........but hard to say now with Ragland still recovering from the knee injury.

We have no idea when healthy if he can play any better in a 3-4 than a 4-3.....it's 100% projection.

What I do think is that neither of them is anything exceptional and they have used a #2, a #3 and two #4's on them which is batsh*t crazy for a position where you can find a serviceable starter in FA for $6M range or much less.

Hmmm. Not sure I agree. I think there is enough tape to absolutely know what Preston is and he is a serviceable starter.... though I think it is very likely they don't bring him back in 2018 and look to upgrade.

Take the point we don't know what Ragland is yet at this level but I think everyone suspects the same thing.

Preston as a 3rd rounder was not a ridiculous pick. The trade up for Ragland made little sense.

Once again....if he is backup and never sees the field what is your problem.... someone has to be the benchwarmer

1. There are better, so this is just a point to a coaching staff taking care of their own

2. He hurts future ability to get a 3rd round pick in compensatory.

But hey Juan keeps his project so he is happy.

The fact that some of you don't know the difference between production and efficiency speaks volumes.

You just don't know what production is. :doh:

MG had 8 TD's on the ground last season..........TO PUT THAT IN PERSPECTIVE WAYNE.......Lesean McCoy has had as many as 8 rushing TD's only 3 times in 8 seasons, including just 5 on 312 carries in 2014.