Bills' Roster Cuts to the 53 Man Limit

26CornerBlitz

I've got a feeling this season is going to be both ugly and frustrating.

Especially on Offense. I'm predicting TT will get dinged up early on (within the first three weeks) and Peterman becomes the starter. However weeks and weeks of check downs will follow as the opposing teams simply crowd the line of scrimmage to stuff the run and squeeze the passing lanes.

And on Defense....they'll be exhausted from being on the field way too much and too often following repeated three and outs from the Offense.

I'm sorry to say.....3-13 or 4-12 at best.

Go Bills

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little bit in shock how quickly some seem to turn on this new staff. Is it just a few over and over on here or are there actually a lot of people losing faith in the gm and coach before this season even starts?

I'm actually in favor of all the moves they've made. Took me some time to understand but I actually like what they're doing. This season was always gonna be a wash. Even before they took over it's not a solid playoff roster. I don't see it being much different now. They're hoping to compete and maybe with a little luck catch lightning in a bottle.

I can see them going anywhere from 4-12 to 10-6.

Depending on health and chemistry.

Rex is gone but I think it's still the same model being used. "Bully" in your face smashmouth football. Control the clock with the run, keep the defense fresh, grind out some 17-10 wins. How else do you see the team competing? There has not been the personnel to air it out 40 times a game and win 35-10 in a very long time. Maybe it's just me or the times nowadays to criticize everything and first take debate every little thing but I don't get it. Double talk from coaches and gm's is the norm in this league I don't think that makes them less credible. The Rex era was a tire fire from day one. Whaley in my opinion wasn't the worst thing ever but it was time for him to go. I like what I'm seeing from these new guys. Nobody is safe, locker room presence and intelligence means something. Vlad may suck, but none of us have a clue what he brings to the table in terms of helping guys learn the blocking schemes or if he will still be here week 1 or week 10. None of us have a clue who they're targeting bringing in here to upgrade positions. Or if they even feel they need to upgrade or add depth.

I think all this negativity comes from people not understanding the team philosophy being built because they want to see explosive offenses like Green Bay or Atlanta or something. That's not gonna be this team.

Look at Carolina, they're basically a college run gimmick offense. But they have success if they actually control the clock. Front 4 stays fresh and gets pressure which makes their terrible secondary look decent cause they only have to cover for 3 seconds, any longer and they get exposed. That's kinda the model we're going for. Run run run mixed in with some dump downs to shady and short completions to the tight ends.

Sorry just my 2 cents

This guy gets it

Jauron was a very good defensive coach under Coughlin in Jax. They never became great when he was dc (1995-98), but they got better every year after starting out in 95 as a woeful expansion team.

Yeah people who want to scoff at the comparison refuse to accept that the other Bills dud HC's had no-less earned the job than McDermott has.

Until proven otherwise McDermott's qualifications are among the lowest of a Bills HC in a long time.......he's never been a HC at any level and he's already been fired once as a coordinator.

He's quite possibly the LEAST qualified guy they've hired since the drought began.

That doesn't mean he'll fail but it does mean that he isn't above comparison to prior failures.

Yeah people who want to scoff at the comparison refuse to accept that the other Bills dud HC's had no-less earned the job than McDermott has.

Until proven otherwise McDermott's qualifications are among the lowest of a Bills HC in a long time.......he's never been a HC at any level and he's already been fired once as a coordinator.

He's quite possibly the LEAST qualified guy they've hired since the drought began.

That doesn't mean he'll fail but it does mean that he isn't above comparison to prior failures.

If he's the least qualified, why was he so sought after in this offseason?

Could it be that you didn't only compare him to Jauron, but the entire front office and coaching staff to the Levy/Jauron times?

If you had kept the comparison only to Jauron, there wouldn't be as much controversy. Because the Bills are very likely to play Jauron ball this year

....speaks volumes for the OBD QB Developmental Program...... :thumbsup: .....

Let's hope the Ginger Hammer 🔨 knows what he's doing

Least qualified n a long time....

define long time.

Juaron not qualified

Williams not qualified

Marone not qualified

Rex not qualified

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Could it be that you didn't only compare him to Jauron, but the entire front office and coaching staff to the Levy/Jauron times?

If you had kept the comparison only to Jauron, there wouldn't be as much controversy. Because the Bills are very likely to play Jauron ball this year

Why? Because Marv Levy doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Brandon Beane? :lol:

Levy and Jauron were two peas in a pod the same way that McDermott and Beane are and Levy/Jauron's theme was exactly the same....... team building over talent collection........you really see no comparison?

The end result for Jauron after 4 years was a gradual roster bottom-out.....despite seemingly adequate drafting on the surface...... that took another 4 years to rectify.

If he's the least qualified, why was he so sought after in this offseason?

This is false. He was a lukewarm candidate at best. One more year of Carolina missing the playoffs and he'd have been on a hotseat as a DC again rather than getting tepid interest as a HC candidate.

Gillislee has so far in his career looked about 50 times better than Williams. And while Darby may not have been a great fit for this D, he is a lot better than Gaines. I expect him to do well in the Schwartz D.

Gillislee looks 50 times better than Williams?!? A major over statement at a minimum. Yes, he had success in our run scheme, but I believe that Williams, another year healthier and more experienced will do as well, if not better.

....on another note, BOTH EJ and Cardale made their club's final 53...........interesting........

Congrats to them, I like them both and wish them success.

Why? Because Marv Levy doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Brandon Beane? :lol:

Levy and Jauron were two peas in a pod the same way that McDermott and Beane are and Levy/Jauron's theme was exactly the same....... team building over talent collection........you really see no comparison?

The end result for Jauron after 4 years was a gradual roster bottom-out.....despite seemingly adequate drafting on the surface...... that took another 4 years to rectify..

Jauron was Levy's preferred coach, but that's where the similarities end. Levy had zero background in NFL front office,and delegated from his couch. The rest of the scouting staff was a mixed holdover from Donahue, and another absentee head of scouting

McDermott was a hot mess as DC in Philadelphia. Absolutely terrible.