National Anthem (Cameron Jefferson)

bmur66

What's more American than freedom of speech and freedom of expression?

Nothing.

complaining about someone using their rights because it doesn't match theirs?

I would argue that soldiers go to war to protect others in their country from harm and to allow them to continue to live free and have rights. If they are offended or feel insulted that someone is expressing themselves in a non violent protest, maybe they need to reevaluate they reason they went into the military?

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why don't they then play the national anthem in the morning at your office before you start work? american workers on american soil, etc.

There is no logical connection, in my mind, between a private sports league contest and nationalism.

My work isnt a league- regardless I think its also tradition to do so and by playing it shows they support our troops and what America stands for. Personally, I dont care if someone takes a knee and I served 21 years in the Marines. I feel I was protecting others to excercise their rights. I do, however, believe some of it has gotten out of hand but thats another topic entirely.

I'm not with you.

It's a free country. You can do what you want. I'm a veteran. Military protects our freedom, right? Honor a vet by doing what you want. Standing for the national anthem is NOT a loyalty pledge. Should it be?

The only problem I have with it is making a big deal out of it.

Edited by reddogblitz

...you sure?

Yeah, quite sure given that I'm the guy who said it.

In fact, if you keep going through the exchange (publicly available to you in this thread at zero cost!), you'll see that I'm explaining why this is a poor avenue for argument, both for being a logical fallacy, and for being indistinguishable from those folks actually doing exactly as I said for the reason I said. You'll note that I was explaining, as opposed to accusing.

But then, you knew that already.

By the by, what would be so hilarious to you? Don't parse words, come right out and say it.

ugh. For the second time in this thread. It is illegal!

It is illegal not to stand and face the flag during it's displaying during the national anthem.

should is legal obligation therefore it is law

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Virginia_State_Board_of_Education_v._Barnette

I thought it was ruled by the Supreme Court that forcing people to stand and salute the flag was a violation of the 1st amendment to the constitution.

And another supreme court ruling -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Eichman

Here's another piece on it saying there's a guideline but they can not enforce it by law -

http://www.ajc.com/news/national/colin-kaepernick-breaking-the-law-not-standing-for-the-national-anthem/cRjlkGqATbYZT3S3AkzJGK/

Edited by BillsFan4

Everyone is protesting because of one dumbass cop in Georgia?

No, Gomer, people are protesting because it is a systemic problem, not a lone, localized one.

Good thing you don't own a Christian bakery.

LOL what the hell is a "Christian bakery," anyway?

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/31/cameron-jefferson-heckled-bills-fan-fist-roster-spot-remain-air/

It's the National Anthem. Stand and show your respect. It's not a time to call attention to yourself or whatever your individual cause is. This is probably the only time you will hear that guys name other than on the cut list. If you don't know what to do during the National Anthem look at Eric Wood in the photo.

I swear if any Bills player doesn't stand for the National Anthem and the team does nothing about it I will not support this team any longer.

Who is with me?

Not me. They are NOT protesting the National anthem! They're protesting Inequality and injustice in in country that does not show the same respect for life, liberty, and justice.

I totally agree with what Jerry Jones said. You have every right to protest, but while you are representing my team, you WILL stand for the national anthem!!!! If the Bills find that they are OK with a player disrespecting the country, than they lose me as a fan.

Hats off to Jerry Jones!!! (I can't believe that I am saying that, but totally agree with his position......)