Just talked to a former player from the SB years

major

Must have been before they traded some of our best players and let some walk. They are running a **** show atm

Whaley left Beane with a steaming pile of dog crap.

Yet there are people who expected him to look at the pile and think to himself that he can immediately turn it into apple pie.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must have been before they traded some of our best players and let some walk. They are running a **** show atm

I liken this process to having your house be the feature point of 'Extreme Home Makeover'. Currently we are in the demolition phase and a lot of people are getting teary-eyed because they see the stuff they are familiar with, things that they have been around and have sentimental value, being destroyed. Let's wait until the big reveal before we get so upset. Our consistent lack of success is the only thing I would consider a **** show at this point in time.

Just spoke in person with a former Bill from our glory days (not giving his name-sorry). He felt our coach and GM are handling this all wrong. He felt the message the coach and GM are sending to current players is that this year is a wash. He said that is a poor way to build a team (he also said that they are turning loyal fans away). He went into detail about how they should have called in each player for an interview about where they were going to get a feel if they were a fit or not. He is not sure our current regime has done this. I take his opinion seriously because he used to play.

Tell this former player that it's not week 1 yet and to chill the hell out.

Just spoke in person with a former Bill from our glory days (not giving his name-sorry). He felt our coach and GM are handling this all wrong. He felt the message the coach and GM are sending to current players is that this year is a wash. He said that is a poor way to build a team (he also said that they are turning loyal fans away). He went into detail about how they should have called in each player for an interview about where they were going to get a feel if they were a fit or not. He is not sure our current regime has done this. I take his opinion seriously because he used to play.

CTE is one hell of a drug.

Like ALL personnel moves, reasonable people could disagree whether the latest they will have a positive or negative affect on a team - both short and long term, but i believe there is little hard evidence to prove that McBeane is trying to tank the season. If so, they are doing a poor job of it.

Moreover, I believe their moves are reasonable and well-thought out, with a plan to build a team for the future. Personally, I think we just aren't used to a management team that is willing to make moves beyond the short-term value.

For the record, I'm fine switching out Gaines for Darby because I didn't think Darby was all that good AND the coaching staff didn't think he would fit in with the program. Moreover, while I love healthy Watkins and was OK with the trade up for him, Sammy has proved he's not physically reliable AND Matthews is a very, very productive receiver. We may differ but neither of the moves can be considered tanking.

So, again, which moves are clear evidence McBeane believes the season is a wash or that they are building the team the "wrong way"?

I cant wait to see what this board is like once the draft is over and the Bills drafted 6 starters in the first 3 rounds and possibly even have a franchise QB

CBF

It would be hard not to draft starters when you look at the depth and players under contract beyond this season.

I tried to stay positive as long as I could. Until a week or 2 ago, i still had some excitement for the regular season. There still IS a form of excitement because i love the team and the sport and just to start the season is a fresh feeling.

But performance wise, I'm VERY excited about our defense, but I have a strong feeling that our defense will only be able to play elite for a quarter or two cuz I dont expect our offense to sustain time consuming drives.

Only a matter of time after that, that the defense won't have the energy to keep the game alive.

On a side note, we really won't know anything til Cordy Glenn, Jordan Mathews and TT step on the field together so I guess the little bit of excitement I have may stem from that...

I cant wait to see what this board is like once the draft is over and the Bills drafted 6 starters in the first 3 rounds and possibly even have a franchise QB

CBF

I doubt they'll get six players from those picks. They'll move up and down the draft board as they see fit to acquire players they covet.

Right on cue. :lol:

You've yet to tell me what you wanted to happen last offseason...

Who did you want as HC? GM? What's your plan for this team? All you do is bash Beane and company with no plan that's different. Sounds like your name is Doug Whaley.

It definitely feels that way. I'm also cautiously optimistic that we play as a team come regular season and handle business,be highly competitive

levy was far from a disciplinarian, quite the contrary. had he been they wouldn't of been out boozing it up before the big game(s).

That old war story is so overrated. Nobody partied it up like the Raiders in the 70's and 80''s yet they went out and promptly kicked a$$.

Just spoke in person with a former Bill from our glory days (not giving his name-sorry). He felt our coach and GM are handling this all wrong. He felt the message the coach and GM are sending to current players is that this year is a wash. He said that is a poor way to build a team (he also said that they are turning loyal fans away). He went into detail about how they should have called in each player for an interview about where they were going to get a feel if they were a fit or not. He is not sure our current regime has done this. I take his opinion seriously because he us

Who was it or BS. Also who gives a damn what a former player said. Are they a GM or personnel man? No. Why? Because they aren't qualified. BTW I bet the former player loved how we have sucked for 17 years and we havent found a Franchise QB in 21 years.

The pure hysterical BS is way out of hand.