Just talked to a former player from the SB years

major

If you are in your 60's and have followed this team since its inception, feel free to critique his comments. I love the Bills and always support them but to be a fan all of these years... patience wears thin.

absolutely. I thought the comments from teef were unnecessarily harsh, especially given that he's apparently shared his opinion on this board in excess of 1000 times at least.

I figure as bills fans, we're all just the homely children of ugly parents. no need to bash a guy who's given a &^%$ since the Johnson administration, though maybe I only feel that way since I'm not that far behind.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are in your 60's and have followed this team since its inception, feel free to critique his comments. I love the Bills and always support them but to be a fan all of these years... patience wears thin.

I am, I have, and anyone who says the front office and coaches are willfully trying not to win is a fool.

. It may not be nice but it is absolutely correct. NFL coaches and GMs want to win.

And when have they punted on third down?

So you don't think the Browns tanked last year; or that the Jets are tanking this year?

Because both are pretty common knowledge. Not sure why you think Beane is above it. He's a smart man and he's doing the right thing. Finally.

So you don't think the Browns tanked last year; or that the Jets are tanking this year?

Because both are pretty common knowledge. Not sure why you think Beane is above it. He's a smart man and he's doing the right thing. Finally.

I see your point. I was responding more to the claim that the Bills historically have tried to lose forfinancial reasons.

I see your point. I was responding more to the claim that the Bills historically have tried to lose forfinancial reasons.

Nope. I would disagree with that one, as well. But this year? Tank city.

Nope. I would disagree with that one, as well. But this year? Tank city.

I am glad we can have actual dialog. I disagree with the T word. What has really changed when you get down to it? Sammy, and I have said numerous times I did not like that trade. But Darby and Gaines is a wash. At least with Matthews they got back a pretty productive guy. Woods got a huge FA deal and they have Zay there now. The rest of the offensive personnel hadn't changed. They need Glenn back and they need to come to their senses and start Miller. On D Gilmore got a huge FA deal, and bottom line is he may not have merited that and they didn't have a ton of cap space to play with. Jones is doing well there, they are better at S with Hyde and Poyer, P Brown is better as a 4-3 MLB, and the D line is intact and in the scheme they should play.

So I do not buy into this T word stuff. They are doing precisely what they said, wanting to win and keep an eye towards the future. This season comes down to whether Dennison's O works, and that involves Glenn and TT primarily to me. If the O can perform near to what they did last year and the D improve over the train wreck of last season, they should compete.

I am glad we can have actual dialog. I disagree with the T word. What has really changed when you get down to it? Sammy, and I have said numerous times I did not like that trade. But Darby and Gaines is a wash. At least with Matthews they got back a pretty productive guy. Woods got a huge FA deal and they have Zay there now. The rest of the offensive personnel hadn't changed. They need Glenn back and they need to come to their senses and start Miller. On D Gilmore got a huge FA deal, and bottom line is he may not have merited that and they didn't have a ton of cap space to play with. Jones is doing well there, they are better at S with Hyde and Poyer, P Brown is better as a 4-3 MLB, and the D line is intact and in the scheme they should play.

So I do not buy into this T word stuff. They are doing precisely what they said, wanting to win and keep an eye towards the future. This season comes down to whether Dennison's O works, and that involves Glenn and TT primarily to me. If the O can perform near to what they did last year and the D improve over the train wreck of last season, they should compete.

I think our biggest difference is likely with regard to how we feel about Tyrod Taylor.

I think he is horrible. As in Blake Bortles horrible. And as long as he is on the team, the team will be horrible.

I think by keeping him, they committed to having the worst passing game in the league again this year. They took away his best receivers. They took away the best/only reliable RB insurance for when (not if) Shady goes down (I'm a big Shady fan, actually. He's just getting old, IMO). They let 1/3 of our defensive starters go. And for all of those who left/were traded .... they were replaced with either less, or unknown, talent.

So yes, I do truly believe we are tanking. I couldn't be happier, either.

I think our biggest difference is likely with regard to how we feel about Tyrod Taylor.

I think he is horrible. As in Blake Bortles horrible. And as long as he is on the team, the team will be horrible.

I think by keeping him, they committed to having the worst passing game in the league again this year. They took away his best receivers. They took away the best/only reliable RB insurance for when (not if) Shady goes down (I'm a big Shady fan, actually. He's just getting old, IMO). They let 1/3 of our defensive starters go. And for all of those who left/were traded .... they were replaced with either less, or unknown, talent.

So yes, I do truly believe we are tanking. I couldn't be happier, either.

. If they try to make TT a pocket QB I'd agree. If he plays like he did last year he will not be the rate limiting step in progress this year. That's if he gets over his concussion; it may be if Peterman gets a shot he proves to be more valuable in this offense. I've already discussed thoughts about the D.