Steptide

Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. I would rather this thread go to 100 pages with no agreement than end abruptly on the racist card.

One side was continuing to make and refute arguments, then the other went nuclear. That's not 'both sides to blame' territory.

Just give it a minute. Transplant's not wrong. There's been a bias against black QBs going back before Warren Moon and Steve McNair. When he said "folks" he wasn't pointing fingers and yes, he could have been more clear about what he meant, but I've read his stuff for years and don't believe he meant what he's being accused of. Look how fast the piranahs swarmed. Take a non issue (at least with those on this site) and twist it to fit my agenda. That's just as bad as what he's being accused of.

You don't vote for quarterbacks. He was proclaimed the starter by the Lady in the Lake.

A starting quarterback is derived from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony!

Strange women lying about in ponds distributing quarterbackships is no basis for a football team.

:lol:

Who would cross the Sidelines of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the playing field he see.

What is your name?

What is your position?

What is your blocking assignment in a Two TE Zone Block Scheme?

Just give it a minute. Transplant's not wrong. There's been a bias against black QBs going back before Warren Moon and Steve McNair. When he said "folks" he wasn't pointing fingers and yes, he could have been more clear about what he meant, but I've read his stuff for years and don't believe he meant what he's being accused of. Look how fast the piranahs swarmed. Take a non issue (at least with those on this site) and twist it to fit my agenda. That's just as bad as what he's being accused of.

I just stepped back after stepping out and running errands and I can't believe the explosive response. I purposely sad that I wasn't pointing fingers at any individual and that it wasn't everyone who is "anti Tyrod," but it's part of the zeitgeist of Football. It kept Warren Moon out of the NFL for years.

It's amazing how anyone can even deny it's not still prevalent in the NFL.

I just read in the Josh Allen thread earlier today comment from another poster who I respect who mentioned something in response to people who didn't see the appeal of him that "he's a tall white QB" or something to that effect and no one blew up at that comment despite the obvious race implications.

Amazing. Add race to religion and politics as those off-limits topics of discussion.

This should earn you your first unpaid vacation. It damn sure better.

Incredible if you really thought that was seriously that offensive.

I didn't call any individual anything at all. And I'm not saying every individual arguing a certain point is anything, either.

I wonder why some individuals are responding so explosively 0:)

I am with you on Tyrod, I just think that race has nothing to do with it for most fans. Hope not anyway!

I just stepped back after stepping out and running errands and I can't believe the explosive response. I purposely sad that I wasn't pointing fingers at any individual and that it wasn't everyone who is "anti Tyrod," but it's part of the zeitgeist of Football. It kept Warren Moon out of the NFL for years.

I just read in the Josh Allen thread earlier today comment from another poster who I respect who mentioned something in response to people who didn't see the appeal of him that "he's a tall white QB" or something to that effect and no one blew up at that comment despite the obvious race implications.

Amazing. Add race to religion and politics as those off-limits topics of discussion.

Well to be honest, race pretty much is politics. The political class looks a lot like the QB class in the NFL . Not passing judgement, just an observation.

I am with you on Tyrod, I just think that race has nothing to do with it for most fans. Hope not anyway!

It doesn't. If TT was similar to Aaron Rodgers on the football field, he'd be universally loved by Bills fans.

Not sure it's prevalent anymore, too many examples to the contrary, but like every form of prejudice it never really dies. Slapping labels on people does nothing to promote free exchange of ideas and beliefs. Calling me an idiot for who I think should be starting is fine. I'll either find a bunch of reasons I'm right and you're wrong or I'll defer to a better point of view; but pushing a hot button to generate a mob mentality to win your argument for you is cowardly.

I have much more to say but somebody stole my soapbox.

Edited by billsfan60

Only once here?

I think he was suspended every other month on BBMB. SMH

Dude... stop lying. I've been banned once in 10 years on Bills boards as a poster, and that was here when a mod told me he was trying to crack down on all the new posters before the regular season starts.

Honestly, lying intentionally is a pretty vile CoC offense, isn't it?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Dude... stop lying. I've been banned once in 10 years on Bills boards as a poster, and that was here when a mod told me he was trying to crack down on all the new posters before the regular season starts.

Honestly, lying intentionally is a pretty vile CoC offense, isn't it?

I'm not lying about you and you know it. I was close to a BBMB mod they filled me in plenty on you.

Just let it go man, you always find a way to go to far and here we are you taking it to the limits. Just let it go and please for the love of these boards ignore me so I can post in peace instead of your constant hate/mean thrown at me everytime I post a opinion on something.

Edited by xRUSHx

The "process" is another word for "rebuild." It is clear Taylor is not a franchise QB, and does not fit the McBeane mold for a QB (big pocket passer). What is the point in playing Taylor? Play the rookie and see if he develops into anything other than an NFL backup.

I'm not lying about you and you know it. I was close to a BBMB mod they filled me in plenty on you.

Just let it go man, you always find a way to go to far and here we are you taking it to the limits. Just let it go and please for the love of these boards ignore me so I can post in peace instead of your constant hate/mean thrown at me everytime I post a opinion on something.

Ignore you?!?!

A blatant liar spreading complete and utter crap about me?

Here's a better idea, stop being a liar!

Based on three pre season games. To heck with 29 actual games when it counts.

Tie Rod is barely above .500. How many of his wins did he actually bring the team back to win? How many of his wins did he actually throw for over 200 yards? Edited by DirtDart

Tie Rod is barely above .500. How many of his wins did he actually bring the team back to win? How many of his wins did he actually throw for over 200 yards?

i would say there are many, many games where tyrod and the offense did their job, and the defense and/or coaching staff let them down. however, i would also say that i have seen tyrod's limitations as a qb completely hinder the team by not gaining first downs/scores when needed, and given the opportunity. love tyrod as a human being, but i have serious reservations about him as the team's qb. peterman may not ever be more than a backup, but finding out would be a lot mor fun than treading water in another 7-9 season.

i would say there are many, many games where tyrod and the offense did their job, and the defense and/or coaching staff let them down. however, i would also say that i have seen tyrod's limitations as a qb completely hinder the team by not gaining first downs/scores when needed, and given the opportunity. love tyrod as a human being, but i have serious reservations about him as the team's qb. peterman may not ever be more than a backup, but finding out would be a lot mor fun than treading water in another 7-9 season.

I can agree with your assessment.

Wins don't count if you don't throw for over 200 yards and it's not a comeback?

just my guess

might be he meant is as 2 different talking points.

as to comebacks

IMO that is being down by more than 6 points in the 4th and not tied at the beginning of the 4th like the Jax game IIRC.