So who's YOUR starting qb?

Steptide

Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

He's saying Tyrod isn't a Franchise QB who can carry a team and make players around him better. Eureka! Who knew?

So he agrees with 99% of fans, yet there is a need to argue over it? So confusing.....

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha ha ha. saw it coming? The guy has missed two whole games the last two seasons due to an illegal horse collar. his escape ability is something that many QBs do not have and would get killed behind this line. But you knew he would get a concussion in a meaningless pre season game.

I didn't see the concussion coming but I did see a bad day for Tyrod coming, Baltimore made him fail bad last time they played so I expected a bad day from him also Tyrod doesn't like this system it forces him to be a QB and he is more of a runner that throws it deep once in while. This scheme is not for Tyrod

I think it will clean up with Peterman and his quick release exactly what this line needs. I don't agree it's as bad as your making it out to be.

And yet it was still bad with Peterman in there. the bills offense put up a whopping 6 points under this system last night.

I didn't see the concussion coming but I did see a bad day for Tyrod coming, Baltimore made him fail bad last time they played so I expected a bad day from him also Tyrod doesn't like this system it forces him to be a QB and he is more of a runner that throws it deep once in while. This scheme is not for Tyrod

Which is what we all have been saying. the system he is good at the last two seasons scored enough points to be a playoff team. the defense was the problem. Now it's too late-talent has been stripped from the offense.

The Oline and WR corp isn't fair to whatever QB is in there. Unless Glenn stays healthy and Matthews shows something.

Edited by JM2009

So he agrees with 99% of fans, yet there is a need to argue over it? So confusing.....

He's essentially on a one year contract in a prove it year. He'll have this season to show what he's got, but it's pretty obvious the Bills' brass are ready to select a QB of the future. Right now Tyrod gives the team the best chance to win which is exactly why he remains the starter. Some are so desperate for a QB solution, they're ready to anoint a decent rookie prospect who's still finding his way at the NFL level based on a few mediocre preseason performances.

And yet it was still bad with Peterman in there. the bills offense put up a whopping 6 points under this system last night.

Which is what we all have been saying. the system he is good at the last two seasons scored enough points to be a playoff team. the defense was the problem. Now it's too late-talent has been stripped from the offense.

The Oline and WR corp isn't fair to whatever QB is in there. Unless Glenn stays healthy and Matthews shows something.

For one the system that Tyrod is good at is gone and for two the system he was so good at was not good enough for playoffs, how do I know? Because we were not in the playoffs

For one the system that Tyrod is good at is gone and for two the system he was so good at was not good enough for playoffs, how do I know? Because we were not in the playoffs

Top ten in scoring is good enough for a playoff spot if the defense can stop the better teams and get more turnovers. The offense almost set an NFL record for low turnover rate, but the defense didn't get the ball back nearly enough. So tired of this with you. The defense was the main problem in 2016 and prevented a playoff spot.

Top ten in scoring is good enough for a playoff spot if the defense can stop the better teams and get more turnovers. The offense almost set an NFL record for low turnover rate, but the defense didn't get the ball back nearly enough. So tired of this with you. The defense was the main problem in 2016 and prevented a playoff spot.

Bla bla bla, but his inflated padded stats.

Tyrod is gone soon enough I will be happy to not see your worthless stat post once he is gone. That day can't come soon enough. Oh what will McCoy do once the great Tyrod isn't next to him handing him the ball, he should just retire. SMH

Edited by xRUSHx

He's essentially on a one year contract in a prove it year. He'll have this season to show what he's got, but it's pretty obvious the Bills' brass are ready to select a QB of the future. Right now Tyrod gives the team the best chance to win which is exactly why he remains the starter. Some are so desperate for a QB solution, they're ready to anoint a decent rookie prospect who's still finding his way at the NFL level based on a few mediocre preseason performances.

Couldn't disagree more.

McD doesn't want the blame if he selects NP and NP craps out so he is selecting TT, not because he is better but because if TT craps out McD is free from blame, it's on TT at that point.

Chicken **** decision making already.

They were ranked that high in spite of him and the best running game in the NFL in years. Certainly not because he lit it up.

Edited by old school

Bla bla bla, but his inflated padded stats.

Tyrod is gone soon enough I will be happy to not see your worthless stat post once he is gone. That day can't come soon enough.

This is all you ever have when proven wrong.

They were ranked that high in spite of him and the best running game in the NFL in years. Certainly not because he lit it up.

"Taylor’s threat as a runner played a role in the Bills’ rushing success, as the team often utilized option plays that forced defenses to play contain in order to prevent him from running on his own."

47 TDs that he had in the air or on the ground himself-just padded stats. he had nothing to do with that scoring. :wallbash:

This is all you ever have when proven wrong.

"Taylor’s threat as a runner played a role in the Bills’ rushing success, as the team often utilized option plays that forced defenses to play contain in order to prevent him from running on his own."

47 TDs that he had in the air or on the ground himself-just padded stats. he had nothing to do with that scoring. :wallbash:

37 passing TDs in 2 years against stacked box single coverage most of the time and you think that is good. Any half way good passing QB that got to play against that 80% of the time might have had 50+ TDs passing in 1 year.

Edited by old school

37 passing TDs in 2 years against stacked box single coverage most of the time and you think that is good. Any half way good passing QB that got to play against that 80% of the time might have had 50+ TDs passing in 1 year.

His 10 rushing TDs count the same as passing ones. I know you don't like to count those. 50 in one year? oh my goodness.

Points when points is needed is better points.

Good point!

Maybe.....points is always needed. More points is better than less points. Big fan of points. That's actually how they keep score! We didn't score 100+ points in a couple games, then get shut out the other 14 games. We got Rex'ed!

I get where your coming from, but T T's ceiling is becoming more apparent and the high scoring O from the last two seasons was accomplished mainly by running the football.

If Buffalo drafts a QB in the 1st round next year the window to evaluate Peterman is small in my humble opinion.

Fig, you were a bigger TT "homer" than me. You were predicting a breakout year for Taylor. I'm surprised (and a little disappointed) you and so many others are honestly putting so much stock in preseason.

One thing I've learned over the years... who cares about preseason?!

I don't think we've seen much of the offense Dennison has in store for week 1.

Start overreacting after week 1. Who really cares right now?

I would say Tyrod but I don't think our coaches know how to use his talents. Roman and A Lynn were ground game gurus.

I see fatal flaws with peterman - horrible under pressure and batted balls, weak arm. I see him as having a 5% chance of evolving into a franchise QB. 5% better than zero.

I am really not comparing him to Brady, but they said the same thing about Tom Brady: "Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Has some Brian Griese in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '** season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own."

Peterman is not Brady and never will be, but I think he needs to get the chance to prove who he is. Sit TT

I am really not comparing him to Brady, but they said the same thing about Tom Brady: "Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Has some Brian Griese in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '** season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own."

Peterman is not Brady and never will be, but I think he needs to get the chance to prove who he is. Sit TT

in that vein of thought, some observations -

IIRC TB had a running game to rely on when Drew went down, the following season they tried to let Tom be the key weapon and they regressed, then they got another RB to help the O click.

Add in The Tuck, the Spygate and the Refs and there you have it. *

Lets see what Nate can do before you say he's nothing.

I don't think anyone is anointing Peterman a "savior". But to my way of thinking we already know (or suspect) Taylor is not our guy going forward, and all we know about Peterman is what we can surmise from a handful of series during preseason. If Taylor starts this season he probably doesn't redeem himself to the point we are comfortable with him leading the team into the future and we are left STILL knowing nothing about Peterman. If Peterman starts, at least we get an indication of weather he can become a viable starter, a valuable backup, or is just another 5th round roster filler.

IMHO, I think that the O-line is our biggest problem to fix, I've never been a fan of the zone blocking scheme, and it seems to me that our O-line coach is incapable of teaching the linemen how to line up let alone how to execute a new blocking scheme.

I'm with you 100%

Doubt we're really seeing the system we're going to see week 1.

I don't. This system is what it is, its not friendly to Tyrod thats for sure but looks geared for Peterman. I think your sorely mistaken if you think this new staff is going to all of a sudden scrap their system to run a system like Lynn had just for Tyrod week one. If Pegs wanted to stay with last year's system Lynn would have stayed. Change is happening and I'm glad we might see it sooner then later. I hate the mix of two systems when a new staff comes in, in my opinion just make the change and move on sooner then later.

Truth is in my opinion is before the preseason started this staff figured if Tyrod couldn't get it in the preseason more then likely he won't, so sadly they would have to let Tyrod start a few games of the season and fail first. I figuered Tyrod would get the free ride in the preseason because of the last 2 seasons and we would have to wait for Peterman to take over later in the season.

Now that Tyrod is hurt it shows me Tyrod could be done even sooner so Peterman needs to step up now. Peterman will learn valuable experience for next season playing this season. I wish the kid luck he has a big hill to climb. Next season a top rookie will be drafted if Peterman wants any chance at being a top dog here he is going to have to show some signs he is worth more then less.

I cant wait to watch him grow into a solid starter in the NFL. Time to go to battle with him, Peterman we are here to cheer for you. Go Bills

Doubt we're really seeing the system we're going to see week 1.

So you think this offense is having to learn 2 new offenses right now? One for the preseason and one for the regular season.

How about the defense? Are they learning 2 different new defenses right now also?

Do you even realize how absurd that sounds.

So you think this offense is having to learn 2 new offenses right now? One for the preseason and one for the regular season.

How about the defense? Are they learning 2 different new defenses right now also?

Do you even realize how absurd that sounds.

Do you really not know what folks mean when they say this?

The point is that the plays they're running are likely to be heavily simplified and in no way reflective of what the game plan, scripted plays, etc will look like in week 1.

Now, if you disagree with that, fine. The rampant mischaracterization of others' arguments in this thread is more than a bit palpable.

Sure why not.

You know better than that.

It the passing game that needs to evolve not the running game.

And for the record.

My point has been not to on Peterman so fast.

By the way, you never answered my question: who should be the starting RB?

We're throwing out 2015 and 2016, which means we're only focused on what's transpired this preseason...so...

Who should start at RB?

This reminds me of 2013 and Jeff Tuel. He was a preseason all-star, and some thought he looked better than Manuel.

People love the unknown.

My way of looking at is Peterman is a 5th rnd pick,can he be the guy? we don't know.

But they are going all in a 1st rnd QB next year.

What if Peterman is that guy? so we throw a 5th rnd pick to the wolves or maybe the team rallies around him.

Do you really not know what folks mean when they say this?

The point is that the plays they're running are likely to be heavily simplified and in no way reflective of what the game plan, scripted plays, etc will look like in week 1.

Now, if you disagree with that, fine. The rampant mischaracterization of others' arguments in this thread is more than a bit palpable.

I know what is being said no mischaracterization at all, you're the one doing it. He said "not seeing the system".

They are running the same system just the lite version. Everybody knows that except maybe him or if he knows he needs to choose his words more carefully.

Carry on though endlessly trying to wrongly correct everybody.

Peterman's not gonna be pretty this year. Real game speed with our pass protection will see to that. You also risk losing the locker room if you bench Tyrod and the kid doesn't succeed. Recipe for disaster.

You can't say for sure what will happen with Peterman this season please don't post it as a fact you are guessing just like everyone else.

I don't think our line is as bad as you or a few others think, I think our line will clean up with the quick release of Peterman.

Talk about losing a locker room, truth is if you tell them all positions are open to compete for but yet everyone can see Peterman out performing Tyrod but yet you still stay with Tyrod is recipe for disaster when a team thinks they are fighting for a job but it is given to a player not performing to the level expected.

I know what is being said no mischaracterization at all, you're the one doing it. He said "not seeing the system".

They are running the same system just the lite version. Everybody knows that except maybe him or if he knows he needs to choose his words more carefully.

Carry on though endlessly trying to wrongly correct everybody.

Show me where I mischaracterized anyone's post. I can easily show you multiple times you've done it in this thread.

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/195670-so-whos-your-starting-qb/page-20?do=findComment&comment=4495616

^ nobody ever said the team is learning 2 different offenses; if you understood the implication, then you were intentionally being intellectually dishonest

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/195670-so-whos-your-starting-qb/page-16?do=findComment&comment=4494948

^ folks that support Tyrod starting over Peterman have never once said that he doesn't have deficiencies in his game; massive, repeated mischaracterization by you

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/195670-so-whos-your-starting-qb/page-15?do=findComment&comment=4494389

^ as JM rightly pointed out, he never said Tyrod was good

I could probably go on, but instead I'll just wait while you show me my instances of mischaracterization.

I don't think our line is as bad as you or a few others think, I think our line will clean up with the quick release of Peterman.

This is the first comment you've made on this topic with which I agree (at least of the ones that I've noticed--no offense)...Tyrod holds the ball waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

You can't say for sure what will happen with Peterman this season please don't post it as a fact you are guessing just like everyone else.

Talk about losing a locker room, truth is if you tell them all positions are open to compete for but yet everyone can see Peterman out performing Tyrod but yet you still stay with Tyrod is recipe for disaster when a team thinks they are fighting for a job but it is given to a player not performing to the level expected.

Nope, you let the veteran sink or swim before putting in a rookie unless there's a clear difference and there's not. You're telling me the team clearly sees Peterman as a better option?

Show me where I mischaracterized anyone's post. I can easily show you multiple times you've done it in this thread.

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/195670-so-whos-your-starting-qb/page-20?do=findComment&comment=4495616

^ nobody ever said the team is learning 2 different offenses; if you understood the implication, then you were intentionally being intellectually dishonest

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/195670-so-whos-your-starting-qb/page-16?do=findComment&comment=4494948

^ folks that support Tyrod starting over Peterman have never once said that he doesn't have deficiencies in his game; massive, repeated mischaracterization by you

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/195670-so-whos-your-starting-qb/page-15?do=findComment&comment=4494389

^ as JM rightly pointed out, he never said Tyrod was good

I could probably go on, but instead I'll just wait while you show me my instances of mischaracterization.

Wow are you stretching to find something. Whatever, have fun!

I don't. This system is what it is, its not friendly to Tyrod thats for sure but looks geared for Peterman. I think your sorely mistaken if you think this new staff is going to all of a sudden scrap their system to run a system like Lynn had just for Tyrod week one. If Pegs wanted to stay with last year's system Lynn would have stayed. Change is happening and I'm glad we might see it sooner then later. I hate the mix of two systems when a new staff comes in, in my opinion just make the change and move on sooner then later.

Truth is in my opinion is before the preseason started this staff figured if Tyrod couldn't get it in the preseason more then likely he won't, so sadly they would have to let Tyrod start a few games of the season and fail first. I figuered Tyrod would get the free ride in the preseason because of the last 2 seasons and we would have to wait for Peterman to take over later in the season.

Now that Tyrod is hurt it shows me Tyrod could be done even sooner so Peterman needs to step up now. Peterman will learn valuable experience for next season playing this season. I wish the kid luck he has a big hill to climb. Next season a top rookie will be drafted if Peterman wants any chance at being a top dog here he is going to have to show some signs he is worth more then less.

I cant wait to watch him grow into a solid starter in the NFL. Time to go to battle with him, Peterman we are here to cheer for you. Go Bills

Nor sure why this mind set is so hard for some to grasp.

Nope, you let the veteran sink or swim before putting in a rookie unless there's a clear difference and there's not. You're telling me the team clearly sees Peterman as a better option?

Not sure what the team clearly sees anymore, so many failed staffs and seasons it all groups together in the longest loser streak in sports. All I can do is hope this new staff will either surprise me and be different then the last few staffs otherwise I see the same in their fail trying to push the last staffs starter at QB. In my opinion the vet your saying sink or swim with is already showing to be drinking the water he is treading and his ship sank last season when the last staff got fired. In my opinion this new staff talks big about winning the job but here you are saying Tyrod should be giving it because of how he played with the last fired staff. So far Tyrod has shown nothing to this staff except how he can't get it done.

Not sure what the team clearly sees anymore, so many failed staffs and seasons it all groups together in the longest loser streak in sports. All I can do is hope this new staff will either surprise me and be different then the last few staffs otherwise I see the same in their fail trying to push the last staffs starter at QB. In my opinion the vet your saying sink or swim with is already showing to be drinking the water he is treading and his ship sank last season when the last staff got fired. In my opinion this new staff talks big about winning the job but here you are saying Tyrod should be giving it because of how he played with the last fired staff. So far Tyrod has shown nothing to this staff except how he can't get it done.

You realize they see a lot more of him than you do, right?

Which explains why they're keeping him as their starter. :rolleyes: