Hurricane Thread --

I did Phase1 environmental reports for commercial properties. There are three categories of reports .

Phase I is a survey of the property. Kind of like a geology of the property to see what is on it and what was on it. If anything looked like it may be pr may have contaminated the property, a Phase II was recommended.

A Phase II involves drilling sampling wells and taking soil and groundwater samples. If contamination over a certain (action) level is found a Phase III is done.

A Phase III involves removing contaminated soil and or groundwater from the site.

If there is no soil contamination (or the source is removed) orcontamination is below the action level, the recommended action is to let the contamination level naturally be attenuated by dilution.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BREAKING: AP Exclusive: Many Houston ultra-polluted Superfund sites are flooded, concerns about toxins spreading; EPA not on scene. Unfortunately for Texas, they are getting the EPA they voted for, not the EPA they need right now.

Bill introduced 02/03/2017 by Republicans: H.R. 861 - To terminate the Environmental Protection Agency.

What do you think the EPA is going to about the potentially-spreading toxins in a flood that hasn't subsided yet? Regulate the waters away after a period of public comment? Nicely ask the pollution to stop polluting?

You !@#$ing moron.

BREAKING: AP Exclusive: Many Houston ultra-polluted Superfund sites are flooded, concerns about toxins spreading; EPA not on scene. Unfortunately for Texas, they are getting the EPA they voted for, not the EPA they need right now.

Bill introduced 02/03/2017 by Republicans: H.R. 861 - To terminate the Environmental Protection Agency.

Some posters aren't gettin' any.

Wish I had to time to go back thru the previous 9 pages to see how long it took the PPP brain trust to blame Obama. :lol:

You'll hear about him until another Democrat is in office who is perceived as even worse. Kind of like people on the left still blaming Bush for any failure Obama until Trump got in the White House.

The EPA people are flooded out too. I think working abiout their own home comes first. Also, won't all that water dilute the toxins??

That's how it works with the sector gates up here. One of our missions is to add to the flushing of Southern Lake Michigan and the area waterways, all while promoting industrial shipping. We dilute the piss out of the water, aerate it every time I pass a boat or carp through the lock or run dam. We flush and dilute... Enviro is thriving... Bald eagles flying around previous SuperFund sites and only 40 years ago nothing lived in this river.

Where is Houston gonna send it to? Just sloshes around down there. Same with NOLA. By the time somebody takes a drink down there, it has passed through three people.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

BREAKING NEWS: Trump attempts to bite black child flood survivor. [/CNN]

LMAO 😂

The look on the guys face in the background is hilarious

Shock? Surprise? Astonished? 😳

Have a good time people!

FWIW they will be reassured when they can move back into their homes and the insurance company / Fed covers the cost of damage.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

LMAO 😂

The look on the guys face in the background is hilarious

Shock? Surprise? Astonished? 😳

Have a good time people!

FWIW they will be reassured when they can move back into their homes and the insurance company / Fed covers the cost of damage.

Move back and have a mortgage payment? You gotta be crazy! After Katrina, many got a taste of the "sweet life." What FEMA? You want me to give this awesome FEMA trailer digs for a mortgage? It's only 2009, I was so traumatized 5 short years ago.

636396067572228082-FEMA-TRAILERS.JPG

Members of the Barthelemy family gather outside their Federal Emergency Management Agency trailer on May 11, 2009, in Port Sulphur, La. Seven children from the family were living in the trailer after their home was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.

Mario Tama, Getty Images

CDC tests confirm FEMA trailers are toxic (Katrina)

In addition to causing respiratory ailments, formaldehyde is considered a human carcinogen, or cancer-causing substance, by the International Agency for Research on Cancer and a probable human carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.