Hurricane Thread --

CDC tests confirm FEMA trailers are toxic (Katrina)

In addition to causing respiratory ailments, formaldehyde is considered a human carcinogen, or cancer-causing substance, by the International Agency for Research on Cancer and a probable human carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/23168160/ns/us_news-life/t/cdc-tests-confirm-fema-trailers-are-toxic/

yes. Let's blame Bush

Every FEMA girl I ever banged (3) was entirely crazy and whilst book smart they were dumb. But boy I miss that one named mwhatever

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CDC tests confirm FEMA trailers are toxic (Katrina)
In addition to causing respiratory ailments, formaldehyde is considered a human carcinogen, or cancer-causing substance, by the International Agency for Research on Cancer and a probable human carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

Do you mean to say that if a person has too much formaldehyde in them that is the cause of death?

Jan. 1, 2010, a court injunction banning the sale of the trailers expired, and FEMA handed them off to the General Services Administration (GSA) to auction them off, for about 7 percent what FEMA had originally paid for them.

The GSA made buyers sign an agreement promising not to sell them as housing, and it slapped stickers on them saying that they were not to be used for human habitation — just storage or recreation.

yes. Let's blame Bush

I give Bush a lot of credit for trying to help with those trailers. The shoddy manufactures should have been put in prison not just fined.

Then again some people now think Obama was president during Katrina but was too busy golfing.

Do you mean to say that if a person has too much formaldehyde in them that is the cause of death?

The problem is all trailers are that way.

They need to be aired out properly over a short period of time.

With Katrina that never happened.

If you had ever shopped for them you would be aware of it.

Move back and have a mortgage payment? You gotta be crazy! After Katrina, many got a taste of the "sweet life." What FEMA? You want me to give this awesome FEMA trailer digs for a mortgage? It's only 2009, I was so traumatized 5 short years ago.

636396067572228082-FEMA-TRAILERS.JPG

Members of the Barthelemy family gather outside their Federal Emergency Management Agency trailer on May 11, 2009, in Port Sulphur, La. Seven children from the family were living in the trailer after their home was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.

Mario Tama, Getty Images

Some people don't want to leave their homes.

Do you think skipping Town would stop the banks from going after for payment?

Banks are merciless.

I give Bush a lot of credit for trying to help with those trailers. The shoddy manufactures should have been put in prison not just fined.

Then again some people now think Obama was president during Katrina but was too busy golfing.

It's how they are manufactured. Shoddy may not have been the problem.

dude that is complete and utter bulshit, you know how I know that? Obama wasn't president not in 2003 he was still in Kenya

Wait when was Katrina? I honestly have no clue... ****, I don't even care

Edited by Boyst62

This was one guess

“Typically with these plywood and particleboard materials … before assembly they’re put in ovens that heat them to 130 degrees,” she said.
“This sets and bakes off the formaldehyde in the glues and resins. ... I’m not sure that happened in this case because the trailers were made so fast.”

dude that is complete and utter bulshit, you know how I know that? Obama wasn't president not in 2003 he was still in Kenya

Wait when was Katrina? I honestly have no clue... ****, I don't even care

What retards think Obama was President during Katrina? Obama had absolutely nothing to do with Katrina

It was the Yakuza taking revenge for Hiroshima by using Dick Cheney's weather machine

IT SAYS “USA:”

Screen-Shot-2017-09-04-at-12.56.22-PM-60 This is CNN..............

And then in the story, the “ethics” group — it’s lefty mouthpiece CREW of course — admits it’s not actually violating any rules, they just don’t like it.

20 years ago, Peter Morgan and I noted that the “Ethics Establishment” is often less ethical than those it critiques,and that problem hasn’t improved.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/274659/

Edited by B-Man

IT SAYS “USA:”

Screen-Shot-2017-09-04-at-12.56.22-PM-60 This is CNN..............

And then in the story, the “ethics” group — it’s lefty mouthpiece CREW of course — admits it’s not actually violating any rules, they just don’t like it.

20 years ago, Peter Morgan and I noted that the “Ethics Establishment” is often less ethical than those it critiques,and that problem hasn’t improved.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/274659/

I love the way the CNN article bitches about the "free advertising" in an article where they provide the images and links to buy the damn hat... "Breaking News: Trump's unethical because we're giving him free advertising!" :lol:

mrz090417-color-2-mb_orig.jpg

Despite the Left’s endless incitement to hatred, when disaster struck, people of all races and backgrounds cooperated in a remarkably successful effort to minimize the damage. This is the subject of Glenn Reynolds’ current column in USA Today: “Hurricane Harvey revealed the awesome power of real America.”

Edited by B-Man

Despite the Left’s endless incitement to hatred, when disaster struck, people of all races and backgrounds cooperated in a remarkably successful effort to minimize the damage. This is the subject of Glenn Reynolds’ current column in USA Today: “Hurricane Harvey revealed the awesome power of real America.”

I think people tend to forget that Antifa is just Soros employees doing his bidding. When you eliminate Soros from the equation, you eliminate Antifa.

Eliminate Antifa and you eliminate a lot of the angst that seems to exist, and then you realize that most Americans are good, hard-working, decent people who genuinely don't give a rat's asshair what color your skin is or how much your earn.

Edited by LABillzFan

Rush Limbaugh’s hurricane survival guide: Stop buying water and don’t listen to the news

“When it comes to a hurricane bearing down on South Florida, I’m the go-to guy,” Limbaugh said, and then spent the next 24 minutes dispensing hurricane advice that no meteorologist or federal agency would likely dare utter.

Below, we offer Limbaugh’s tips and tricks on preparing for Hurricane Irma — for stocking up on supplies without leaving your house; for predicting the storm’s path without relying on the government; and for seeing through a vast media conspiracy that exaggerates the storm’s size in a cynical ploy to sell bottled water.

Rush Limbaugh’s hurricane survival guide: Stop buying water and don’t listen to the news
“When it comes to a hurricane bearing down on South Florida, I’m the go-to guy,” Limbaugh said, and then spent the next 24 minutes dispensing hurricane advice that no meteorologist or federal agency would likely dare utter.
Below, we offer Limbaugh’s tips and tricks on preparing for Hurricane Irma — for stocking up on supplies without leaving your house; for predicting the storm’s path without relying on the government; and for seeing through a vast media conspiracy that exaggerates the storm’s size in a cynical ploy to sell bottled water.

Well, if there's one source I trust for accurately quoting Rush Limbaugh, it's the Washington Post. :lol: