Hurricane Thread --

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Puerto Rico is suffering and our fearless leader is in a pissing contest with the NFL.

Someone's buying the media spin................... :lol:

Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rossello said on Monday he is “very grateful” to President Donald Trump and praised the response by the federal government to the catastrophic damage caused to the U.S. territory by Hurricane Maria.

The AP reported on the remarks by Rossello:

In San Juan, Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rossello appeared at a brief news conference Monday and praised the U.S. federal response to Hurricane Maria, which has included sending nearly 10,000 people to help recovery from the devastation. He also said his government has been in touch with mayors across the island and was working to get food and water to isolated communities cut off after the hurricane.

Rossello said federal agencies also have helped restore power to a medical center in San Juan and supply diesel to fuel the generators of hospitals as well as deliver food and water to hard-hit communities across the island. And the governor said he was “very grateful” to President Donald Trump for responding Puerto Rico’s petition for help.

Rossello appeared with Homeland Security adviser Tom Bossert and Brock Long, administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, adding the presence of those two top officials was “a clear indication that the administration is committed with Puerto Rico’s recovery process.” Neither the FEMA administrator nor Bossert took questions from reporters. “We’ve got a lot of work to do. We realize that,” Long said.

Puerto Rico officials have been praising the proactive response by the Trump administration, calling it unprecedented in their dealings with the federal government.

As I said on the previous page, you can just see the media pundits trying to push this fake narrative.........it won't work this time.

Did you read the article? That headline is typical of CNN. In the article:

I read the full article. The U.S. response is massive , I'm not critical of Trump and Congress on hurricane aid.

Puerto Rico is a very dire situation off the charts bad imo

I read the full article. The U.S. response is massive , I'm not critical of Trump and Congress on hurricane aid.

Puerto Rico is a very dire situation off the charts bad imo

Wouldn't you agree that this headline by CNN is an outright lie?

"'Apocalyptic' devastation in Puerto Rico, and little help in sight"

Wouldn't you agree that this headline by CNN is an outright lie?

"'Apocalyptic' devastation in Puerto Rico, and little help in sight"

Nah. It's just the new normal. You mustn't forget there's a "Republican" in the White House now. So everything is bad. People can't sleep, can't eat, can't focus, can't protest enough, can't wipe their own azzes by the sounds of it.

Nah. It's just the new normal. You mustn't forget there's a "Republican" in the White House now. So everything is bad. People can't sleep, can't eat, can't focus, can't protest enough, can't wipe their own azzes by the sounds of it.

I've seen pictures from PR that look like the aftermath of Andrew.

"Apocalyptic" is sensationalist, no doubt. But "devastation" is accurate. Place is badly wrecked. And it never helps when you're an island and everything comes in by boat or plane.

I've seen pictures from PR that look like the aftermath of Andrew.

"Apocalyptic" is sensationalist, no doubt. But "devastation" is accurate. Place is badly wrecked. And it never helps when you're an island and everything comes in by boat or plane.

I wasn't even objecting to the description of the devastation but I was objecting to the "little help in sight" bs.

I had that shirt in high school. Hell I might still have it in a drawer or closet somewhere.

I am still looking for the one that Gary Larsen did with the two grandmothers. One grandmother is "bragging" to the next:

"My grandson is going to work for the Army Corps of Engineers some day."

Or something along those lines.

Then... The picture is of the grandkid siphoning a very small fish bowl with an elaborate, overkill contraption...

I might have to break down and buy the whole set of "The Far Side" collection to find it. Damn money makers! ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

That's one of the best ever.

Always loved this one, too.

Second to the Last of the Mohicans.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-KoevASlaT84/UEFH_cetEkI/AAAAAAABE54/eG_mZtXMfzY/w506-h750/z4yDFfgUk8xb77ywV0AZDlLr_500.gif

I am a 49 year old hipster. Your above post is unacceptable. I need pics... And instantly!

You know you can embed that .gif. Just by adding: before [ i m g ] & [ / i m g ] after link. Don't use those spaces, scrunch together.

Who's calling Ill-annoy an illinformed state! ;-) ;-) ;-P

But... I can't figure out real emoticons on my mobile phone!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I am a 49 year old hipster. Your above post is unacceptable. I need pics... And instantly!

You know you can embed that .gif. Just by adding: before [ i m g ] & [ / i m g ] after link. Don't use those spaces, scrunch together.

Who's calling Ill-annoy an illinformed state! ;-) ;-) ;-P

But... I can't figure out real emoticons on my mobile phone!

z4yDFfgUk8xb77ywV0AZDlLr_500.gif

Second to the Last of the Mohicans