So Boldin retired?

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anybody blame management for a player deciding to retire. Was Boldin pissed because he wasn't consulted about roster moves? The Bills are no worse today than they were yesterday. Boldin has nothing left in the tank.

And just for the record moving out a WR who won't be around after this year and a DB who doesn't fit your scheme for serviceable players and high draft picks is both very unBillslike and smart.

How can anybody blame management for a player deciding to retire. Was Boldin pissed because he wasn't consulted about roster moves? The Bills are no worse today than they were yesterday. Boldin has nothing left in the tank.

And just for the record moving out a WR who won't be around after this year and a DB who doesn't fit your scheme for serviceable players and high draft picks is both very unBillslike and smart.

You do realize that that our GM was hyping this move at the podium?

Hyping a 36 year old WR.

Trade Sammy, hype a 36 year old, Streater gets hurt, 36 year old retires, no big deal.

You do realize that that our GM was hyping this move at the podium?

Hyping a 36 year old WR.

Trade Sammy, hype a 36 year old, Streater gets hurt, 36 year old retires, no big deal.

Pry sold a lot of tickets in the last two weeks though.

No. It makes keeping Holmes for the entire season much more likely.

This ship is sunk. They need to cut ties with enough of the signees to get a 3rd for Gilmore. Replace them with other team's cuts if need be. Roll with Peterman and oblige Shady if he asks for a trade. Go all in on a QB and start building for next year.

This ship is sunk. They need to cut ties with enough of the signees to get a 3rd for Gilmore. Replace them with other team's cuts if need be. Roll with Peterman and oblige Shady if he asks for a trade. Go all in on a QB and start building for next year.

So how do they sell that to Kyle, Lorenzo, Wood, Incognito, Shady, and others?

ESPN bottom line said he's retired to work on humanitarian work. So fricken selfish.

ESPN will probably have him do a live in-studio "taking a knee" with Colon Kaepernik during the anthem for opening night.

Lap it up, Doc.

Edited by HoF Watkins

So how do they sell that to Kyle, Lorenzo, Wood, Incognito, Shady, and others?

A fair and good question. I'll answer with this in return: what is the average age of those guys? How many will be here in 2-3 years when hopefully the plan pays off. I hate myself for typing this.... and I'd hate to be in charge of locker room morale.

McBean came in and, despite their already thin margin for error, made it even harder for themselves right off the bat. For no reason.

I didn't like the way he was acting smug about pulling off the 2 trades without either team knowing about the other. Oh well, I guess that I'm wrong again, I was thinking that maybe we got a nice sensible GM but so far he's striking me as a real jerk off.