Mahomes is looking good

1billsfan

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't buy that for a second. They've been waiting for a QB to take them to the next level that Smith never could get to.

The poise and readiness were the big factors with Mahomes and he's starting to squash those. There's no doubt in my mind that Mahomes will take Smith's job at some point this season IMO.

As a Bills fan I want Mahomes to take Smiths job during the season. It would mean a better draft pick for the Bills.

Andy Reid fired DOUGGEY FRESH after one season. How many QB's have Douggey, McBean and RICO developed? That would be none. Reid was on the staff going back to GB days when they traded for FAVRE. He then choose Dovanan Mcnabb, who had a decent career. Got rid of him to Washington at just the right time. Now he traded is meaningless first to BILLS to select Mahomes. We all know how this is going to workout barring injury of course. The kid mechanics is already better and he has a rocket arm and size. No wonder Whaley loved him. But why worry we have Peterman and a bunch of draft picks to get our own shinny new toy next year. But it will not matter if the coaches can't or don't have the experience to develop him.

Andy Reid fired DOUGGEY FRESH after one season. How many QB's have Douggey, McBean and RICO developed? That would be none. Reid was on the staff going back to GB days when they traded for FAVRE. He then choose Dovanan Mcnabb, who had a decent career. Got rid of him to Washington at just the right time. Now he traded is meaningless first to BILLS to select Mahomes. We all know how this is going to workout barring injury of course. The kid mechanics is already better and he has a rocket arm and size. No wonder Whaley loved him. But why worry we have Peterman and a bunch of draft picks to get our own shinny new toy next year. But it will not matter if the coaches can't or don't have the experience to develop him.

Love how you give Reid credit for Farve

Beane and McD get no credit for Cam right. Ok thanks, keep on your agenda

They are being made to sound more impressive than they actually have been. A. because the media needs something to hype, and B. because fans here wanted one of them.

They haven't looked any better than Peterman and still may turn out to be all EJs and Genos.

Trubisky is the only QB that's looked like a 1st rounder IMO. Haven't seen anything from Watson or Mahomes to make me think they have a better shot than Peterman.

Trubinsky looks real good

His major knock was lack of experience. Not the worst flaw to have. Bears definitely made the right move, especially with how awful Glennon has looked.

I don't know what Mahomes future will be like. But I like his odds given that Andy Reid is the QB whisperer. Heck, he's made Alex Smith into more than a serviceable QB.

Mahomes development in Buffalo would have a very different trajectory.

C

They are being made to sound more impressive than they actually have been. A. because the media needs something to hype, and B. because fans here wanted one of them.

They haven't looked any better than Peterman and still may turn out to be all EJs and Genos.

Of course pre-season is only pre-season but this class is nothing like the 2013 class. I promise you.

I don't know what Mahomes future will be like. But I like his odds given that Andy Reid is the QB whisperer. Heck, he's made Alex Smith into more than a serviceable QB.

Mahomes development in Buffalo would have a very different trajectory.

C

Smith was turning the corner his last 2 seasons in SF. Which is what Reid saw.

Of course pre-season is only pre-season but this class is nothing like the 2013 class. I promise you.

Yeah, I believe that. Noone from 2013 panned out. Probably 2 guys will have decent or better careers at least from this last one.

Sure. But he still needed someone like Reid to elevate his play.

His play was elevated under Harbaugh. Reid didn't make him any better than he already was.

dang,

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/8/19/16174792/watch-every-patrick-mahomes-pass-and-rush-from-the-chiefs-2nd-preseason-game

Will this be yet another Wilson, Carr, Prescott, Bills didn't pick the franchise QB sitting there situation? Dude's only 21 and he looks more poise than Taylor (12 of the top 14 topics on TSW are on him lol) has ever shown.

I watched that video 4 times and I still don't really get what was so impressive with that performance? I wasn't all that impressed with his preseason week 1 performance either...

That TD throw was good, and that 2nd last throw in the video was pretty nice. Maybe that 1 throw at about 35 seconds in to the middle of the field (although a pretty standard throw). Other than that I struggled to find anything to say I was really impressed with...

He looked like a very raw rookie QB IMO.

They had him playing almost exclusively from the shotgun, he had quite a bit of time to throw and I thought he was still pretty quick to scramble. That's about the only time I thought he looked truly comfortable, was when he was scrambling. He seems to have no idea how to step up and play in the pocket.

The couple snaps he took from under center, his footwork was horrendous on his drops (although I thought his footwork was pretty bad overall). His throwing motion still looks like it did in college. He was missing throws, didn't look to be going through his progressions - a lot of times it seemed like if his 1st read wasn't open he'd start scrambling/running (although it's hard to tell from this video). I thought KC did a lot of stuff on offense to make it easier for Mahomes and I still thought he somewhat struggled.

Honestly, I've been more impressed with what I've seen from Peterman than what I've seen from Mahomes. Just my opinion though. Peterman looks much more comfortable under center and in the pocket, and has done a good job of going through progressions and finding hismopen receivers.

I'm not expert at evaluating QBs though, so take my opinion for what it's worth...

It's not just about improving from Tyrod, either. It's about finding a legit franchise QB. I'm not sure yet that Mahomes will be one. He landed in a very good spot though, so time will tell.

Edited by BillsFan4

Sure. Smith at 33 years old would be the franchise QB of the future that the Bills have been looking for since Kelly retired. Good thinking.

Looks like KC will do well this year meaning Smith is worth a bottom first round pick. I see more wins with Smith than with Tyrod sorry don't hurt me Daddy

Between the 2 QBs the Bills could have had at 10, I'd say that Mahomes has looked better than Watson. But honestly I don't know if either looked that much better than Peterman so far. Will see.

One thing for sure though, we won't be hearing too much from EJ fans this week.

I didn't get to see the game but the stat line sure doesn't look pretty - http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/15803/ej-manuel

3 for 9, 16 total yards 33.3% completion per. with an average of 1.78yds per att.

dang,

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/8/19/16174792/watch-every-patrick-mahomes-pass-and-rush-from-the-chiefs-2nd-preseason-game

Will this be yet another Wilson, Carr, Prescott, Bills didn't pick the franchise QB sitting there situation? Dude's only 21 and he looks more poise than Taylor (12 of the top 14 topics on TSW are on him lol) has ever shown.

Wow. Totally disagree with that assessment. I was expecting much better from your post and the article. He did well improvising and threw well on the run, but his work in the pocket was not good. His footwork is a mess, he moved around but not well. He did well with quick throws like screens, but much of his success was with stuff that won't work with starters on the field, He's got a long way to go. I hope he sees the field this season because that'll improve our draft pick from them.

Shoulda kept Gilmore and drafted Mahomes. Gilmore is better than Tre White and Mahomes is better than peterman.

Tre is looking like a stud that gets paid next to nothing as opposed to Gilmore getting overpaid. I'll take tre over Gilmore all day considering the age.

Time will tell regarding Marholmes.