Mahomes is looking good

1billsfan

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to defend the previous draft utility for quarterbacks. But at least this year that looks like to be a forward-looking view and the thinking is that the 2018 class is much better than 2017 and that's why they didn't pick anyone High

I wish the forward looking view would have started with last year's draft! Seizing opportunities when available is better than waiting for opportunities that may not materialize.

He looks completely relaxed out there. I don't think real games will make a difference.

How about non 2nd and 3rd team defenses? Or actual defensive game planning? Would that make a difference or should we start sculpting a bronze bust because of 2 preseason games?

dang,

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/8/19/16174792/watch-every-patrick-mahomes-pass-and-rush-from-the-chiefs-2nd-preseason-game

Will this be yet another Wilson, Carr, Prescott, Bills didn't pick the franchise QB sitting there situation? Dude's only 21 and he looks more poise than Taylor (12 of the top 14 topics on TSW are on him lol) has ever shown.

IT'S THE FREAKING PRESEASON. Can we wait for the regular season before we get our panties in a bunch.

Hos footwork is still horrendous. He can get away with some of those throws but it will eventually catch up to him. He doesn't look anywhere close to being ready to start.

This is the hardest thing for spread QBs to master...some of them never do...

I wish the forward looking view would have started with last year's draft! Seizing opportunities when available is better than waiting for opportunities that may not materialize.

The Ragand trade and pick hurt the team twice

http://youtu.be/VAha2FizYFs

Whoops on the 1st throw in this 5 minute package.

I don't get what people are so googoo gahgah for yet. He made a couple good throws and one really great throw on the run. Other than that standard pitch/catch throws, a couple runs for a first down, and a few terrible throws. Outside of a few plays the kid had all day in a huge pocket.

I think people think we made a mistake not drafting him so they prop him up better than he actually currently is. Personally I think Peterman looked more poised and made some better throws than Mahomes did.

Edited by Scott7975

Funny cos I was told repeatedly on this forum that the 2017 QB draft was like 2013 and flat out sucked and that these guys were all EJs and Genos.

They are being made to sound more impressive than they actually have been. A. because the media needs something to hype, and B. because fans here wanted one of them.

They haven't looked any better than Peterman and still may turn out to be all EJs and Genos.

They are being made to sound more impressive than they actually have been. A. because the media needs something to hype, and B. because fans here wanted one of them.

They haven't looked any better than Peterman and still may turn out to be all EJs and Genos.

I think the kid in chi town will have the most success?

This wasn't impressive at all. Maybe 1 throw came out on time, still off his back foot. A bunch of screens.

Big talented kid but Chiefs will be in trouble if he starts.

I was thinking the same thing. To date, Peterman looks like he should have been drafted in the 1st over him and Watson thus far. Trubisky looks like the real deal, It's possible the Bills struck gold (Finally?) for once but we will see how it all pans out.

Edited by Real McCoy