McBeane should of given

This team a chance to compete. I have a few reasons . Last 2 seasons under Rex the Bills were basically a 500 team going 15-16 with Rex. They lost over 10 gms by one score or less during that time period. That's 15 wins with a ton of injures to the core players and with a system that didn't fit the defense.

I'm shocked McBeane wasn't able to put these facts in perspective. With finally a Healthy Sammy and a Focused Dareus those were 2 building blocks moving forward plus the return of Wood, Kyle and a slew of others and return to the 4-3 D this team could have won over 10gms easily.

What if the Bills go 9-7 this season with better coaching? And then has 6 picks in the first three rounds next year?

That's what I'm expecting.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This team a chance to compete. I have a few reasons . Last 2 seasons under Rex the Bills were basically a 500 team going 15-16 with Rex. They lost over 10 gms by one score or less during that time period. That's 15 wins with a ton of injures to the core players and with a system that didn't fit the defense.

I'm shocked McBeane wasn't able to put these facts in perspective. With finally a Healthy Sammy and a Focused Dareus those were 2 building blocks moving forward plus the return of Wood, Kyle and a slew of others and return to the 4-3 D this team could have won over 10gms easily.

I agree with you. The ONLY thing that I am holding on to about this trade is the fact that Sammy is not a skilled possession receiver. He drops 45% of his targets. I know a deep threat is important but if the team can do better at moving the chains in the Dennison offense they should be successful.

The key phrase being "healthy Sammy." Maybe they weren't convinced that his foot is 100%.

I think the Bills got only slightly worse at WR and got better at CB. The draft picks they received makes all the difference. I dont really care if Sammy has a great year for the Rams or not. The Bills will still be competitive this season and will load up with more talent in the first three rounds in the draft.

Watkins was never healthy and Darby was benched for his spotty play last season, imo we were very lucky to get what we did for those players. Our WR group looks to be upgraded, Goodwin/Woods/Salas or Matthews/Boldin/Jones.

was runner up as defensive rookie of the year....

Darby did not make the Pro Football Writers Association writer's short list for DROY runner ups (top 6), but he did win PFF's DROY award outright. Notably, Gaines was named to by the PFWA to their All Rookie team.

Edited by BarleyNY

5 new starters on offense? As far as I can tell, there are only 11 positions, and the 5 offensive lineman will be the same (If Cordy is healthy) Clay, Shady and TT are also starters. There are only 3 new starters on offense, Dimarco, and 2 of the 3 of Anquan/Matthews/Jones.

all 3 of those wrs are starters unless you count the second te and 2 wr. dimarco and I'm guessing the rt was the 5th not really sure so. i count 4 for sure.

The Sammy decision was a salary cap management decision in anticipation of him being a FA after the season and their being unable to pick up his 5th year option as his ability to play was still up in the air as the decision deadline date came and went earlier this year. If Sammy is completely healthy for the next 5 years and puts up all kinds of numbers then the decision was a bad one. If he continues to miss half his games going forward it was a good decision.

Edited by jmcraig44

Wait until the injuries hit before you start projecting an improved season... At this point they haven't been hit very hard at all... That can change in a hurry though... Glenn is already a concern... If he is out any serious length of time, things could get ugly pretty quickly... The thought of Dawkins playing LT and Mills RT should be a sobering thought... And running QBs tend to be more injury prone than drop back passers... At least when Tannehill went down Miami had a solid backup plan to turn to. (Cutler) The Bills won't have that. Peterman is a rookie and will need time to develop. You can't expect him to seriously lead this team to victory if he is pressed into service for any serious length of time. He won't be playing against 3rd stringers if that comes to pass. What if Shady goes down for any length of time and then Jonathan Williams gets nicked up? There is a serious lack of depth on this team. Optimism is fine but you need to be realistic as well. Zay Jones for instance may be a promising young WR but he is also a rookie. Most WRs dont become really good until their 3rd season. Does anyone not remember that Eric Moulds for example sucked his first 2 seasons before blossoming in his 3rd year? Let's just sit back and watch this team develop. (that goes for coaches, front office and players)

Edited by DefenseWins

Wait until the injuries hit before you start projecting an improved season... At this point they haven't been hit very hard at all... That can change in a hurry though... Glenn is already a concern... If he is out any serious length of time, things could get ugly pretty quickly... The thought of Dawkins playing LT and Mills RT should be a sobering thought... And running QBs tend to be more injury prone than drop back passers... At least when Tannehill went down Miami had a solid backup plan to turn to. (Cutler) The Bills won't have that. Peterman is a rookie and will need time to develop. You can't expect him to seriously lead this team to victory if he is pressed into service for any serious length of time. He won't be playing against 3rd stringers if that comes to pass. What if Shady goes down for any length of time and then Jonathan Williams gets nicked up? There is a serious lack of depth on this team. Optimism is fine but you need to be realistic as well. Zay Jones for instance may be a promising young WR but he is also a rookie. Most WRs dont become really good until their 3rd season. Does anyone not remember that Eric Moulds for example sucked his first 2 seasons before blossoming in his 3rd year? Let's just sit back and watch this team develop. (that goes for coaches, front office and players)

The injury argument is fallacious. EVERY team in the NFL has a significant drop-off if their 1st string (enter any position) goes down. Examples:

If Atlanta's top RB (Devonta Freeman) goes down and 2nd stringer (Tevin Coleman) gets nicked up... Do you fear Terron Ward?

If Dallas' top RB is out... Oh wait... He is :doh:... and Darren McFadden goes down and Alfred Morris gets nicked up... Do you fear Ronnie Hillman?

If Green Bay's Ty Montgomery... Wait... Do you even know who Ty Montgomery is? Well, if he goes down...

The only team with a deep RB stable is, of course, the hated Pats... But they always do well; they are the outliers in this.

Point being: Injuries can (and DO) hurt ANY team in the NFL. We aren't alone in this. Don't argue that we are worse off than other teams; all teams have weaknesses beyond their 1st and 2nd player at ALL positions. Your argument is :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

#failblog

#realitycheck

#canbethesameargumentforeveryteamintheleage