It's all about the franchise QB!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the recap but Jordan's stats aren't that much better than Watkins and Watkins has played around 10-11 less games. Watkins also has 17 yards per catch compared to 11 yards per catch for Jordan.

Hey, if you can get a guy and keep all he picks!!! I seriously don't know just how good Cousins is. Not really questioning him, I just don't know where he'd rank???

What i dont like about him and validated by many commentators. He doesnt seem to elevate players areound him like an Elite Franchise QB does. Instead alot of his success depends on his supporting cast.

Additionally he never passed 30 TDs.

He just isnt a QB i see giving 100M dollar contract too and think you have an eite QB. I just dont see it in him. More like you are going to pay 100M for Andy Dalton or Alex Smith in signing him.

Now what would be Awesome if Cousins hits the Market. San Fran will sign him to have the Shanny Cousins reuinion and it takes one less team out of the QB market (if they are picking ahead of us)

Really? Startling news. Wow.

I know, you're being fecesious yet you're ironically correct. Franchise QB is one of the biggest myths in football, second only to CTE. I defy you to name 50 "franchise QBs" who have hoisted the Lumbardy trophy?

Edited by Jauronimo

What i dont like about him and validated by many commentators. He doesnt seem to elevate players areound him like an Elite Franchise QB does. Instead alot of his success depends on his supporting cast.

Additionally he never passed 30 TDs.

He just isnt a QB i see giving 100M dollar contract too and think you have an eite QB. I just dont see it in him. More like you are going to pay 100M for Andy Dalton or Alex Smith in signing him.

Now what would be Awesome if Cousins hits the Market. San Fran will sign him to have the Shanny Cousins reuinion and it takes one less team out of the QB market (if they are picking ahead of us)

Cousins's numbers the last two years are far better than anything Dalton or Smith have ever put up. If he hits the open market he will be the most sought after UFA QB ever to do so, including Peyton.

to my original point I think the Bills are loading up on picks to add to - Cousins, Garappolo, or Tyrod if he pans out.

So Bills like; teams don't let franchise QBs go in this era. They would be idiots if they did with the way the rules currently are. If a QB is available, he isn't a franchise guy. The AFC SB QBs are Ben, Lady and Peyton. Flacco gets in because that Balt D.

Cousins's numbers the last two years are far better than anything Dalton or Smith have ever put up. If he hits the open market he will be the most sought after UFA QB ever to do so, including Peyton.

Dalton was on a very similar pace 2 years ago before injury hit. I think Cousins is better than Dalton and Smith but I still see him in that category as the best of the game managers. I agree he doesn't really elevate people but at the same time he has had no run game to speak of and no defense. Big year ahead for him not least with the overhaul if his weapons.

Smart money is he is in San Fran in 2018.

And let another team overpay for him

Even better reason to take two.

One in the top rounds, and then your later development guy. If Petterman is locked in at 2, you start a situation where you take QBs and start flipping them (if you hit on your Franchise) ala NE.

Maybe I was being too strong about it. When I meant I wouldn't want them to draft 2. I meant I wouldn't want them to draft 2 with early picks. Give me one in the 1st. Then another no earlier than the 3rd or 4th as a project guy.

Dalton was on a very similar pace 2 years ago before injury hit. I think Cousins is better than Dalton and Smith but I still see him in that category as the best of the game managers. I agree he doesn't really elevate people but at the same time he has had no run game to speak of and no defense. Big year ahead for him not least with the overhaul if his weapons.

Smart money is he is in San Fran in 2018.

I'm not sure I understand the comment that Cousins "doesn't really elevate people". In the past two seasons, he's thrown for 54 TDs and more than 9000 yards, with a YPA of around 8, numbers that neither Dalton nor Smith have ever approached in their careers. Cousins also led the Redskins (a disfunctional organization with a worse defense than the Bills the last two years) to a winning record both seasons. What would he have to do to "really elevate people"?