These are all marketing moves.

He is smarter than you. And for that I'm thankful.

The fact that you didn't include EJ Gaines in your argument shows you, like others here, have an agenda.

Sammy was traded for a starting CB (#1 on our current depth chart) and a 2nd round pick that many believe will be in the 35-40 range. Nice try dude.

Will Gaines even make the team ? ... Or if he does, will he be more than a ST player or 4th on the depth chart ?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think marketing played a role. I'm betting they looked at what they had and asked themselves if they could win the superbowl with the current roster. Their answer was no so they made some moves that made sense from a long-term growth perspective.

The only part that's obvious IMO is that they're all in on a franchise QB next year. If Darnold comes out we'll have the ammo to make a play for him.

Will Gaines even make the team ? ... Or if he does, will he be more than a ST player or 4th on the depth chart ?

He may not, although he may not be much worse than what is here already. And he's cheap , so we should all like that. What was he a 6th rounder or whatever. Anyway, he looks like a thrown in that the Rams were willing to give our rookie GM so he didn't look so bad. A charity throw in , if you will.

McBeane could care less about marketing. They are legitimately trying to change the culture and follow through on promises they made when hired.

This team is finally putting value on draft picks and acquiring guys that are right fits for their vision.

with all due respect, this is literally what all GMs and coaches say and do. some are more successful than others. what makes these two more "legitimate" than past regimes?

How are these marketing moves?

The Bills unloaded two players, and added two players and two draft picks. Clearly the FO wants to be in as good a position possible to make a play at one of the top QBs in a strong QB class. This is a 1 step backwards, 2-3 steps forward (hopefully) move. If the Bills hit on a franchise QB, it will better set the team up for a postseason run, which should time well with Brady's retirement.

How is trading away two of your better players a marketing move? If that's the case, it's not a good move.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

So the Rams worst corner( Gaines is a thrown in let's be honest) and a 2nd round pick (that this team has shown consistently is far from a sure thing )is worth more to this team than a healthy WR of Watkins skill set? And you lose nothing by finding out? Mr Beane does not appear to be very smart. And I have one agenda : winning. That means retaining top talent.

I thought thats what you are supposed to do retain top talent. I guess the new way is get rid of definite talent and gamble on picks that are basically possibles? Forgot to mention top young talent. And they dont fit into the new regimes plans? They obviously dont have plans

The timing of the trades - right after the cut-off to cancel season tickets - seems to have brandon's fingerprints on it.

I wondered how long it would be for someone to blame Russ....

How are these marketing moves?

The Bills unloaded two players, and added two players and two draft picks. Clearly the FO wants to be in as good a position possible to make a play at one of the top QBs in a strong QB class. This is a 1 step backwards, 2-3 steps forward (hopefully) move. If the Bills hit on a franchise QB, it will better set the team up for a postseason run, which should time well with Brady's retirement.

How is trading away two of your better players a marketing move? If that's the case, it's not a good move.

People like to blame Russ Brandon thats why.

He is smarter than you. And for that I'm thankful.

The fact that you didn't include EJ Gaines in your argument shows you, like others here, have an agenda.

Sammy was traded for a starting CB (#1 on our current depth chart) and a 2nd round pick that many believe will be in the 35-40 range. Nice try dude.

And they can use that pick on WR, that's genius.

McBeane could care less about marketing. They are legitimately trying to change the culture and follow through on promises they made when hired.

This team is finally putting value on draft picks and acquiring guys that are right fits for their vision.

That's right.

And they can use that pick on WR, that's genius.

A durable WR that wont cost us $10m next year and will be with us for 4+ years on a rookie contract.

wonder if he will beat the 2 TD's and 400 yards Sammy got us last year?

Hey 14 was my favorite Bill, and this deal will take many years to evaluate, but we scored 25 ppg last year with basically no Sammy, so don't think we can't be in that range again.

Our draft capital puts us in a position to get a franchise qb regardless of what number we draft. You might love this trade as we ramp up and Brady gets old.

Edited by Webster Guy

A durable WR that wont cost us $10m next year and will be with us for 4+ years on a rookie contract.

wonder if he will beat the 2 TD's and 400 yards Sammy got us last year?

Hey 14 was my favorite Bill, and this deal will take many years to evaluate, but we scored 25 ppg last year with basically no Sammy, so don't think we can't be in that range again.

Our draft capital puts us in a position to get a franchise qb regardless of what number we draft. You might love this trade as we ramp up and Brady gets old.

#mikedrop

@BPA. Whaley was extremely careless with picks, especially towards the end. Im guessing sarcasm?

Edited by r00tabaga

#mikedrop

@BPA. Whaley was extremely careless with picks, especially towards the end. Im guessing sarcasm?

Partial sarcasm !!! But McBean has a zero track record just like Whaley did. And the Watkins trade IMO they got owned. A Corner that may or may not start. and a second round pick. I am a big Sammy fan and the Bills will and have always been my team. That said I believe this subject will be discussed for years when the 24 year old kid starts lighting it up. My only regret is they didn't trade him too the packers, so he could start tearing it up in 2017 with a real QB.