Sammy Darby Trade grades

NFL.COM Rosenthal: Bills taking the biggest risk

The Bills are taking the biggest risk because talented young players are hard to find, and the 2017 Buffalo squad is now worse.

Bills Fans, Tyrod Taylor are the losers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000828634/article/winners-and-losers-of-bills-trades-with-rams-eagles?campaign=tw-nf-sf105466194-sf105466194&sf105466194=1

SI: Bills clean house

Watkins was the most purely talented player on Buffalo’s roster, and obviously more valuable than Gaines, a starter for the Rams who struggled in his return from the Lisfranc injury..

Essentially, he's saying Bills lost that trade. The report previously called the trade a "tank job" but has now been edited out. lol

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/08/11/sammy-watkins-trade-los-angeles-rams-buffalo-bills-jordan-matthews-philadelphia-eagles

Walterfootball.com: Bills lost BADLY in today's trades:

I can't give the Bills a good grade for this trade. Gaines has some promise, but he struggled immensely last year because he was injured. He could rebound - he was halfway decent as a rookie in 2014, but then missed all of 2015 - but that's not something the Bills can count on. Getting a second-round pick for their sixth isn't enough. This is a solid move if the Bills plan to tank, but if that's the case, why did they re-sign Tyrod Taylor?

Matthews is not an adequate replacement for Watkins. The latter is a legitimate No. 1 receiver in the NFL when healthy. Matthews is an above-average No. 2 and a solid slot option. He's definitely not a bad player to have in an offense, but he's the Bills' top wideout right now unless Zay Jones explodes as a rookie. As the Eagles learned last year, Matthews cannot be a No. 1.

Grade for Rams - A+ Grade for Bills - D

http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php

ESPN: Winners: Eagles, Bills

Losers: Sammy, Tyrod, Sammy, Rams

ESPN plays the contrarian here. Bills pick up more draft picks to stock up for 2018 draft.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20313763/winners-losers-buffalo-bills-los-angeles-rams-philadelphia-eagles-mega-trades-sammy-watkins-jordan-matthews-ronald-darby

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20313763/winners-losers-buffalo-bills-los-angeles-rams-philadelphia-eagles-mega-trades-sammy-watkins-jordan-matthews-ronald-darby

Edited by CanadianFan

Zay Jones could prove to be that deep threat. Gaines could rebound and look like Josh Norman from 2015. Matthews could catch 70 balls for 1200 yards and 10 TD. Not far off from 2 of his three seasons. Sammy could hurt his foot Again and never put together a solid career( I don't want this for him). Darby could regress or play at the same level as last year.

The draft picks the Bills get could turn into pro bowlers and maybe help the Bills get the Franchise quarterback they need.

Let's find out in 2 years.

I can't disagree with this assessment. It's spot on. It's what you see when you strip out the emotion of butt hurt Bills fans that were outraged at Sammy getting hurt , and him firing back at losers commenting on his social media. SW was the only playmaker the Bills had at WR. Their chances of reaching glory with him are greater than their chances without. If he is parlayed into a bona fide NFL franchise QB then the Bills win, but that's a big if.

I can't disagree with this assessment. It's spot on. It's what you see when you strip out the emotion of butt hurt Bills fans that were outraged at Sammy getting hurt , and him firing back at losers commenting on his social media. SW was the only playmaker the Bills had at WR. Their chances of reaching glory with him are greater than their chances without. If he is parlayed into a bona fide NFL franchise QB then the Bills win, but that's a big if.

There was absolutely ZERO chance of this team "reaching glory" this season, our future is much brighter today than it was yesterday now that we have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds next season.

the biggest if is if he can stay healthy. You could have Brees out there and you still can't catch many passes on IR.

Never ever give any credo to Walterfootball about the Bills. I have been following the draft for years and they always always bash the Bills in their pre-draft analysis and then continue the same, regardless of who the Bills picked. Go to their websight and look up the last couple of years and see what I mean.

:sick:

What do you want them to say?

The Bills traded two of their top 5 most talented players today for lesser players and draft picks.

And we've seen how badly multiple Bills regimes have drafted.

The Bills weren't watchable before these deals, and are less watchable now.

Tavon Austin and a first for Sammy? I would have liked that better. I didn't need to see Darby walk out the door.

Great question. Why keep TT if the braintrust is going to start getting rid of top players. Goff may or may not pan out but the Rams now have Sammy Watkins, Tavon Austin, Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp....

i was thinking that too. And why keep Dareus at that price tag. If you arr purging, why not purge and retool for 18? But whatevs I just have to watch us win just enough to lose out on a good pick. Like always

Does anybody know if WGR55 is gonna broadcast Thursdays game against the Eagles?

7 minutes huh. you cool now

If he stays healthy but Mathews is a #2

If "Ifs and buts were candy and nuts then everyday would be Christmas"

Just added a few more hot takes on this trade, with more on the way. so far a vast majority says, Bills lose! You're all familiar with this by now right?

Let the season play out.

Until LAR gets a QB that knows what color jerseys his team is wearing this week SW will not produce.

Goff sucks.

BTW does SW see action in Rams game tommorow?