Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for CB Gaines, 2nd rd pick

Roundybout

Well...didn't see that coming.

They traded their best player because they didn't want to pay him.

I previously said the Bills would win 6 games... Make that 4 wins... TANK! If you are gonna do it - DO IT RIGHT!

Is Shady or TT next?

Love all the draft picks AND the $$$ savings from not having to pay Watkins... Good Moves!

Then either way this seems to be the best we could get for him.

How do you know that? Do you think the Patriots give up a 1st to the Saints if Cooks has had his his option year declined?

That also doesn't even account for when this trade is happening... after teams have set rosters and spent money.

Nobody did any explaining as to what happened, but it was clear that the two were having a very animated discussion on the sidelines during the game. If this was about Sammy whining, or wanting out, or something similar, I can see where Boldin took it to management.

And why not just role with Yates and Peterman. Oh because you can't sell that to a fan base that's missed the playoffs for 17 freaking years.

What can you sell to a fanbase that has missed that much?

Nothing. The only thing that shows conviction in the right direction is to tank and to give it an honest shot.

Idk how fans can keep buying the same **** every year. Just !@#$ing rip the bandaid off already.

Edited by GETTOTHE50

OMG, is that really how you interpreted that?!?!? You cleary missed the point. Do you think that you are better off winning 7 games or 3? I think 3. If your plan is to rebuild commit to it and raise your chances of getting a top pick.

I think they did with this trade, no?

Nobody did any explaining as to what happened, but it was clear that the two were having a very animated discussion on the sidelines during the game. If this was about Sammy whining, or wanting out, or something similar, I can see where Boldin took it to management.

Why does everyone love a middle school story?

Beane just explained how it went down, and this had nothing to do with it.

OMG, is that really how you interpreted that?!?!? You cleary missed the point. Do you think that you are better off winning 7 games or 3? I think 3. If your plan is to rebuild commit to it and raise your chances of getting a top pick.

You're right, of course. but just for a minute consider that we don't know how the season plays out for KC or LA or Philly. what will those picks be next spring. and I suppose it's just as wrong to not be willing to see my guys lose (even one game). If it came down to a meaningless win vs the patsies or 1st pick in the draft with a loss don't know what I'd wish for. guess the answer is I'll take the losses as long as there's hope for the future

I think they did with this trade, no?

Not all the way, but are headed there. That's my point. Either tank or try to win. They should send out Tyrod and Shady and try to pick earlier. Don't half do it.

You're right, of course. but just for a minute consider that we don't know how the season plays out for KC or LA or Philly. what will those picks be next spring. and I suppose it's just as wrong to not be willing to see my guys lose (even one game). If it came down to a meaningless win vs the patsies or 1st pick in the draft with a loss don't know what I'd wish for. guess the answer is I'll take the losses as long as there's hope for the future

The Bills were in position to compete for a playoff spot. They are a worse team in 2017 now than they were last night. If the goal is that this was a step back to take a step forward in the future take another step back now to take another step forward in 2018.