Best Athlete Ever

If your going to go with Gretzky, I could say Babe Ruth matches up rather well. Ruth dominated his peers like no other.

I''m with Hammersticks on this one, the first two that came to mind were Thorpe and Jackson.

The thing most people miss about Ruth is that he was a pitcher also. He had 94 wins and 17 saves as a pitcher. I'll throw some notice towards Dave Winfield, as well. Winfield was drafted by four teams in three different sports. The San Diego Padres, The Atlanta Hawks, the Utah Stars (ABA) and the Minnesota Vikings all drafted him. I think Jim Brown played football, basketball, lacrosse and track and field at Syracuse. He dominated the NFL as much as anybody dominated any sport.

Bo Jackson was probably the best I ever saw. Check out the youtube video of him running up the outfield wall. He was a cape shy of being a superhero. Thorpe played pro football, pro basketball, pro baseball and won the pentathlon and decathlon. It sounds like there wasn't much he couldn't do athletically.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same can be said for TJ Graham. So it's a tie. Goodwin, TJ Graham and Bo Jackson.

I find it offensive you believe Bo Jackson is even in the same league as Goodwin. The guy has caught 49 receptions, 780 yards, and 6 TDs in just 4 seasons in this league. all while practicing and just barely missing his chance as the Olympics in the long jump and 100 relay team. Edited by mrags

I find it offensive you believe Bo Jackson is even in the same league as Goodwin. The guy has caught 49 receptions, 780 yards, and 6 TDs in just 4 seasons in this league. all while practicing and just barely missing his chance as the Olympics in the long jump and 100 relay team.

.....AND, did you see the picture of him shirtless in the snow storm? That is all-time GREAT!

.....AND, did you see the picture of him shirtless in the snow storm? That is all-time GREAT!

ues. That alone puts him at the top of the list. Only a supreme athlete can withstand that kind of weather while topless

I find it offensive you believe Bo Jackson is even in the same league as Goodwin. The guy has caught 49 receptions, 780 yards, and 6 TDs in just 4 seasons in this league. all while practicing and just barely missing his chance as the Olympics in the long jump and 100 relay team.

Point taken. Goodwin, then Graham, then Jackson.

Probably in the top 10 for sure, IMO. Jim Brown belongs in this conversation also. All American in football, lacrosse and track and field.

Did you know that Chris Hogan also played Lacrosse? Plus he won the home run derby at Shady's softball game last year. Probably belongs on this list as well.

Is there a category for best and worst athlete....all wrapped in one? How about Charles Barkley, an under sized guy who can lead thw NBA in rebounding. And then.......he swings a golf club like THAT?. (I apologize to any golfers out there who may have bad dreams as a result of this post.)

Turribull!

Is there a category for best and worst athlete....all wrapped in one? How about Charles Barkley, an under sized guy who can lead thw NBA in rebounding. And then.......he swings a golf club like THAT?. (I apologize to any golfers out there who may have bad dreams as a result of this post.)

Bo Jackson

Michael Jordan(absolutely dominated the game of basketball, although ridculed for it by media what he did when he went to Minor League Baseball was actually pretty impressive if you know what your talking about, pretty good stick on the golf course, and he was also known to run a blackjack table or two :lol: )

If you really research MJ's foray into baseball, it's suggested he would have broken into the big leagues within a year if he hadn't returned to basketball. He was improving that steadily.

And if my Aunt had nuts, she'd be my Uncle

😁

If you really research MJ's foray into baseball, it's suggested he would have broken into the big leagues within a year if he hadn't returned to basketball. He was improving that steadily.

I always get curious how these will turn (and this one was unique!)

There seem to be a few camps in most:

The guys that do a single thing better than anyone else (Bolt as fastest)

The guys that proved they could do 2 different things at a professional level (MJ, Deion)

The guys that do all the things very very well but in a freakish body (big men that move like world class smaller guys: Lebron)

And then Bo