How much money do you spend on alcohol a month?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zilch. Bad for your belly, unless you are an alky... Then you don't eat and will wither away. Also bad for your teeth.

Thank me in 30 years when all you young drunks need dental work:

"The American Dental Association (ADA) warns that one of the often-forgotten side effects of alcohol can be just as damaging to your teeth: dehydration. Alcohol consumption leads to a decrease in saliva flow, so instead of being washed away naturally, bacteria clings to the enamel and increases your risk of tooth decay."

That's ok we have a resident dentist around here.

I was spending 0$ for a few months. Quit per doctor orders due to cardiovascular "issues." I'm happy to announce that I have taken a swan dive off the wagon, and am blissfully pickling my body yet again!

I don't work from late June to late August. This summer I've done 5 days in Maine, 7 days in Las Vegas, leaving tonight for 7 days in Myrtle Beach, and then am going on a 7 day fishing trip in northern Quebec in late August (with 7 other guys who really like to drink). I spend a s$&t ton of money on booze.

Not sure how old (or young) you are but we could get 12 packs for $1.99 in our 20's. Now one beer costs me at least 3 x's that. So just the opposite here. That is if I drank. 0:)

Mid-30's....$1.99 12 packs would be insane although the major difference between my alcohol spending now v.s. a decade ago is the significantly lesser amount of time I spend in bars these days haha!

Zilch. Bad for your belly, unless you are an alky... Then you don't eat and will wither away. Also bad for your teeth.

Thank me in 30 years when all you young drunks need dental work:

"The American Dental Association (ADA) warns that one of the often-forgotten side effects of alcohol can be just as damaging to your teeth: dehydration. Alcohol consumption leads to a decrease in saliva flow, so instead of being washed away naturally, bacteria clings to the enamel and increases your risk of tooth decay."

Good point because we all know you're either a teetotaler or a toothless drunk with death around the corner. :rolleyes:

Good point because we all know you're either a teetotaler or a toothless drunk with death around the corner. :rolleyes:

Yeah... I Didn't mean to make it sound like that. I do drink. Last beers was last month @ father inlaw's. I guess it was free. :-)

I am just sensitive to the effects of drinking, being the son of an alcoholic. I easily have an addictice personality.

Bad 'month already and we only on day 4. Vacation booze bills can kill ya.

....but you'll die happy! :)

Vacation dollars don't count - everyone knows that. It's almost like the Canadian dollar. (That's for you, CBF.)

I don't want to add it up because it will depress me, but the wife and I drink a bottle of wine a night. Maybe a bit less on Mon/Tues/Wed, maybe a bit more on Fri/Sat. And then there's the beer when I'm golfing.

I don't want to add it up because it will depress me, but the wife and I drink a bottle of wine a night. Maybe a bit less on Mon/Tues/Wed, maybe a bit more on Fri/Sat. And then there's the beer when I'm golfing.

Golf will do that to you......