Tannehill down non contact injury

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20235178/miami-dolphins-qb-ryan-tannehill-suffers-injury-awkward-fall

DAVIE, Fla. -- An MRI Thursday revealed that Miami Dolphins starting quarterback Ryan Tannehill does not have a tear in his left knee after falling in practice, sources told ESPN's Jeff Darlington.

The team is still discussing multiple options going forward with doctors, and it's not yet clear whether Tannehill could miss days, weeks or longer.

My friend had to have ACL surgery even though he didn't have a tear...basically the ACL became too "loose" and he could basically have his knee go on him at any time even by doing basic things like walking. I'd expect Tannehill has something similar going on especially after his latest incident...either he has the surgery now or he will have it later once the ACL complete gives out on some random play.

They are now saying season over.

Yeah, it looks like his options are to wait 6-8 weeks and try to play again, or to have the surgery he probably should have had last season and sit out the year.

I can't imagine option #1 is a viable one -- seems like just waiting for the same thing to happen again.

I'm surprised his knee gave out while wearing a brace. That would be a bad sign.

May 25 article :

Tannehill will wear a knee brace throughout the 2017 season, something he has done previously in the NFL. The brace is meant to improve his stability while not hampering his mobility.
“I am going to be wearing it throughout the season so I’m comfortable and it’s just second-nature at that point,” Tannehill said.
If Cutler and Kap are not a option:
Osweiler and Miami coach Adam Gase have a relationship dating back to Denver.
All of this sets up Cleveland perfectly to unload Osweiler to the desperate Dolphins, who want to reach the playoffs again.
Edited by ALF

It was a tweak nothing to worry about.

Not true...my friend's ACL was just "loose" and the doctor told him it would actually have been better if he just tore it, because it would have been replaced a few years earlier..he had to have the same surgery as a person who tore it

Edited by matter2003

Not true...my friend's ACL was just "loose" and the doctor told him it would actually have been better if he just tore it, because it would have been replaced a few years earlier..he had to have the same surgery as a person who tore it

Sounds like Tanny should have had the surgery last year. I think it would have been 100% by now...maybe even stronger.

Sounds like Tanny should have had the surgery last year. I think it would have been 100% by now...maybe even stronger.

Agreed. Partial tears are basically a ticking time bomb if they aren't surgically repaired. Sure, you can let it heal and go back to your athletics...but it's almost guaranteed to fully tear eventually.

sounds like total mismanagement on the part of the Dolphins there. It seems (and I'm not a Dr.) that it is generally better to have these things taken care of ASAP.