If Cardale and EJ succeed with their new teams...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I liked EJ personality wise and would love to blame prior coaches here for him never succeeding....I think he is what he is, a backup QB. Maybe playing in the Canadian league or something like that can help him get confidence again?

A change of scenery might be great for EJ. He never had the opportunity to sit behind a profession QB (a last paycheck Kyle Orton?) If he plays well this offseason and sits behind Carr he has a chance to compete for a job next year. Sure, he !@#$ed in London but he did lead the team back. Buffalo did everything to ruin his confidence, I would love to see the kid bounce back

I'm not kidding when I say I will eat my shoe if EJ or Cardale even get to the level of Mike Glennon.

EJ ( IMO) will be out of the league Right after the preseason games are in the books , Cardele may still have a shot,

To be honest I don't understand why we gave up on Cardele so soon ? from day one it was said that he needs to sit and learn for 2-3 seasons before even being considered to compete, and for a conditional 7th round pick ?

EJ is a bad NFL QB. That's all there is to it. Jones, I don't know. He hasn't played enough yet.

/thread

RJ won a Super Bowl

No. He has a ring, but he didn't win it.

Vladimir Putin has a Super Bowl ring

Janitors have a Super Bowl ring

The Pawn Start schmucks on the History©® channel have Super Bowl rings

My thoughts are that neither are NFL starters, they'll be backups for their careers however long that is.

Even a backup QB should be able ( or at least counted on ) to win a football game , when was the last time EJ won a game ?

Sorry IMO EJ is not even a backup material , Kappernick who won playoff games and played in the SB does not even have a job ,

/thread

How about obama or Hillary do they have a ring ??

The clock ran out on Cardale in Buffalo. Not his fault. He still has a chance.

Agreed 100%. Dunno if he has what it takes, but this definitely isn't an indictment of his ability. We simply just didn't have space for him, which is good for us.

I would think a solid #2 would be the barometer. If either starts and plays over .500, I would say success. Figuring that we deemed both worse than Yates and Peterman, but time will tell.

I feel the same. I've never seen anyone read the field as poor, but if somehow he shines in Oakland, I would blame our coaches for the stunted development.

I could see saying that about Cardale, but The Bills got rid of EJ Manuel before they even drafted Peterman, and I believe before they signed Yates.

So I don't think it had anything to do with deeming either of them better than EJ. They just decided that it was time to move on from EJ, which I totally agree with. That decision was also made before our new GM and scouting + personnel staff was in place, so,it's hard for me to put any blame on them for EJ.

I am really not concerned with EJ turning into a successful NFL QB. He will be lucky to even stick as a backup IMO.

Cardale is more of a wild card, since he is so completely raw. As of now I don't see it, but I'm not ready to write him off yet either.

/thread

Rick Harrison doesn't seem like a schmuck to me - he appears to be wicked smart.