Cardale traded to chargers!!

More hyperbole:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20170524&sf101780562=1

Don't get me wrong. I like Cardale. He has intangibles. But he needs a lot of work. He's a bit like Teebow in that sense. I don't know if it is fixable.

Like Tebow, except he is 6'5" 250 with a cannon for an arm,

Otherwise yes like Tebow.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Tebow, except he is 6'5" 250 with a cannon for an arm,

Otherwise yes like Tebow.

Ha ha

I like Cardale but don't have an issue with the move. He was a 2 year redshirt IMO. He wasn't a guy that would contribute, even as a backup, until year 3. If you were going to invest that time and had the roster spot he's an extremely gifted prospect. If you didn't see the progress or if (and more likely) he was going to be a victim of the numbers game, trading him made sense.

Cardale is and was a longshot. He's a longshot for a different reason than some. He's a longshot like Logan Thomas was as a QB prospect. Cardale has a massive frame and skill set. That gives him a chance to become a high end starter. There is a chasm between his ceiling and where he is now. There are no guarantees that he will ever get any closer than even where he is right now. The Bills turned him into an asset. It makes sense for everyone.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I didn't follow OSU intently but I was looking this stuff up when we drafted Cardale.

Why the !@#$ do you care? He's gone, we got a pick in the 2023 draft. Be happy...also don't believe everything you read...this post excepted.

Edited by Cripple Creek

He was an interesting prospect and he didnt impress, on to the next.

When his work ethic snd commitment were uncertain getting a 7th back isnt the worse thing.

Apparently he did impress, but perhaps under a different coach's philosophy

All these qbs are long shots, even on day one yet alone picks on day 3. No harm with taking a guy. I just wouldn't have taken a project like this unless I was confident in my OC which was apparently not the case with roman

Not sure why fans continue to gobble up anything that OBD does.

All the new regime did was cover up and clear the path for Peterman to get reps.

Didn't even make him compete for the job.

And don't give me Yates is real competition.

And don't give me that a 7th Rounder is something with the way this team drafts.

Bills protecting their favorites again, especially at QB.

Not sure why some dream up ways to be critical. They saw him in OTAs, didn't think he was the right guy, and got a draft pick for him vs. just releasing him.

Get over yourself.

While I hate trading 4th round picks for 7th, at least we got something instead of just cutting him & getting nothing. I still say we go after Josh Rosen in the first next year for our franchise QB of the future.

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

I'm not going to sour on the new braintrust for shipping Cardale out. It would take a lot more than that and I hope I never get there. I thought their draft was very good and for now I'm drinking the koolaid.

As for Cardale, the trade should be a positive for him. He looks to be a good kid and I wish him all the success in the world (except if he is under center versus the Bills). He sure has all the physical tools needed to get it done. As is so often the case, his success or failure will depend more on what he has got going for him above the shoulders.

I'm not going to sour on the new braintrust for shipping Cardale out. It would take a lot more than that and I hope I never get there. I thought their draft was very good and for now I'm drinking the koolaid.

As for Cardale, the trade should be a positive for him. He looks to be a good kid and I wish him all the success in the world (except if he is under center versus the Bills). He sure has all the physical tools needed to get it done. As is so often the case, his success or failure will depend more on what he has got going for him above the shoulders.

Anybody that would has a screw loose.

Cardale is terrible. Was a bad pick, everyone knew it. Even the ones that were hoping for some kind of magical transition to an NFL caliber quarterback knew this was a long shot. Good for him that a team actually wants him because the alternative was he was about to get cut and he was probably going to make the rounds on practice squads and then be out of the league completely in 2 years.

Less accomplished?

Cardale Jones was benched at OSU during a game against Eastern Kentucky.

I didn't follow OSU intently but I was looking this stuff up when we drafted Cardale.

I got Eastern Kentucky mixed up with Northern Illinois.

:lol: Glad you got your Eastern+ Westerns figured out.... Anyway, I watched Deuce get benched at Tenn for a QB that was skull-'n-cross-bones bad. (Josh Dobbs)

-So you can imagine how rough Peterman was... I use the term "more accomplished" with reference to their college careers because Cardale won a NC, and NEVER lost a start...

When Cardale got benched, Urban Meyer had an embarrassment of riches at the QB position... When a college coach has options like that, they tend to exercise them.

We should have a poll for the date the last Cardale Jones holdout on this board finally gives up the ship.

Presumably all the Vince Young fans have finally called it a day.

I will give up the ship when Cardale actually gets a chance to play and can't get it done. That certainly hasn't happened yet. Vince Young, by contrast, was the no. 3 overall pick and was given more than ample opportunity before he found himself OOF.

I will give up the ship when Cardale actually gets a chance to play and can't get it done. That certainly hasn't happened yet. Vince Young, by contrast, was the no. 3 overall pick and was given more than ample opportunity before he found himself OOF.

I still think Tennessee screwed vi

Are you still waiting for Tee Martin and Eric Crouch to get a chance?

At least they got something for him rather than just cutting him like it would have been done int the past !!

If Yates doesn't do any better i would have taken the chance on keeping him his upside could have been much higher than keeping a guy that throws int's !!!

But in the NFL experience trumps taking chances ...

:lol: Glad you got your Eastern+ Westerns figured out.... Anyway, I watched Deuce get benched at Tenn for a QB that was skull-'n-cross-bones bad. (Josh Dobbs)

-So you can imagine how rough Peterman was... I use the term "more accomplished" with reference to their college careers because Cardale won a NC, and NEVER lost a start...

When Cardale got benched, Urban Meyer had an embarrassment of riches at the QB position... When a college coach has options like that, they tend to exercise them.

But Peterman has a weak arm like Brady and Montana.