Cardale traded to chargers!!

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe we couldn't get more from Ravens now that Flacco is down for a bit.... this FO has to go.

All kidding aside hopefully this sends a message to CJ, NFL = Not for long...

i said in April that I knew for a fact he had trade value and was laughed at.

Cardale has serious arm talent, that's worth something even when the player hasn't dedicated himself to his career as of yet. If you really want to get me laughing go ahead and tell me Peterman is worth a roster spot heading into camp.

Yikes. I get that they wanted to move on from Cardale but I'd have a hard time thinking of two more lame options at 2 and 3 than Yates and Peterman. What was Ryan Mallet sleeping in when they tried to call him?

In all seriousness I can't wait until they find a QB I can get

excited about heading into camp.

Yates is six foot four. Taylor has the best deep ball in the NFL..

............50 yards and an extra shot of helium to the primary receiver....

-mostly its just the Bills receivers wildly flailing their arms in an I'M OPEN I'M OPEN signal down field while TT is panicking

in a perfectly adequate pocket.

Cardale has serious arm talent, that's worth something even when the player hasn't dedicated himself to his career as of yet. If you really want to get me laughing go ahead and tell me Peterman is worth a roster spot heading into camp.

Yikes. I get that they wanted to move on from Cardale but I'd have a hard time thinking of two more lame options at 2 and 3 than Yates and Peterman. What was Ryan Mallet sleeping in when they tried to call him?

C Jones had a bazooka arm and excellent timing on his throws... Directional control, and field vision is where he struggled mightily... If those two things are ever mitigated, the Chargers might have just gotten the deal of the century.

And yes, I already miss the kid.

Not only is Peterman worth a spot but he will be pushing on the backup spot and biting at TT heals. Laugh at that and quote it if you wish.

The reality is if TT goes down for a little while they win 4 or less. It doesn't matter if it's Yates, Peterman, Shaun Hill, Christian Ponder or Mettenberger. Cardale was a project but wasn't helping you in the near future. If you didn't want to invest in that development than getting he pick was the smart move.

Not only is Peterman worth a spot but he will be pushing on the backup spot and biting at TT heals. Laugh at that and quote it if you wish.

Go home your drunk. Tyrod could wear his helmet backwards and still out play these two bums. Boldin would age another year just waiting for one of Peterman's passes to get out to the numbers.

Biting at TT's heels?.... I LOVE how that sounds, but honestly, it would take a miracle... Peterman will have to mature by leaps and bounds to catch up to TT... Yates, if anyone, is the guy who could come out of this smelling like a rose...

If we were rock solid at TE, or had a reliable, known quantity at #2 WR, I'd say MAYBE... Let's see what develops... Maybe a stud TE will emerge in camp.

Edited by #34fan

@adamschefter

Bills are getting a conditional 7th-round draft pick from Chargers in return for QB Cardale Jones, per source.

That's about right for the Bills. Draft a guy in a certain round then get rid of him for a pick 3 rounds later than you drafted him

The reality is if TT goes down for a little while they win 4 or less. It doesn't matter if it's Yates, Peterman, Shaun Hill, Christian Ponder or Mettenberger. Cardale was a project but wasn't helping you in the near future. If you didn't want to invest in that development than getting he pick was the smart move.

With the current CBA practice time and OTA rules you simply don't have the ability to completely break down and rework your #3 QB anymore. Particularly if he's not super invested in working hard on his own and/or resistant to change. Even in camp there are probably half the snaps there used to be. Teaching a guy to have field vision and accuracy is nearly impossible by the time they've gotten to the NFL, hence you don't really see a lot of truly developmental QBs work out. More often you see QBs who were drafted low because of measurables such as arm strength or size work out than guys with cannons but no vision or accuracy. There is a window to learn those skills and those guys missed it.

That's about right for the Bills. Draft a guy in a certain round then get rid of him for a pick 3 rounds later than you drafted him

It was a bad pick when they made it. Getting a 7th is a win because he was going to be cut in about 3 weeks.

He never had a chance with the new regime. I don't see him ever developing as a starter in the league, but wish him all the best.

Yup, I figured!

He has potential at TE. Or some sort of slash.

New regime. New OC. Different type of offense. I guess someone saw him as a fit for some of his schemes.

And this ends Whaley's poor QB drafts.

I really think this is a steal for the Chargers. The knock on why it took Steve McNair so long to start was his slow ability to pick up the Titans offense. He did pretty well in his career.

Cardell has all the physical assets. Give him a year or two of just learning and growing with ALynn and the Chargers may have found the successor for Rivers.

Edited by dezertbill

Thought he had a lot of raw physical potential that i was hoping could get groomed on the practice squad

In the end....he simply wasnt one of the new coaching group's guys

I knew he was in trouble when he didnt WOW at otas

Things often happen for a reason... I'm glad we didn't just discard him....

I really think this is a steal for the Chargers. The knock on why it took Steve McNair so long to start was his slow ability to pick up the Titans offense. He did pretty well in his career.

Cardell has all the physical assets. Give him a year or two of just learning and growing with ALynn and the Chargers may have found the successor for Rivers.

Accuracy is a physical asset. He did not have it at OSU and didn't have it last year and won't have it this year either.