Vet QB's that are suited for Bills Offense

gjv001

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Tyrod goes down for an extended period a young guy will be playing. They aren't going to be contending with Yates or any other stiff off the streets. If Tyrod is out for like 6 weeks they will roll with Peterman and hope that he looks competent. They will do all of this while bettering their draft position.

You don't better your draft position by going to the Super Bowl :thumbsup:

This. Neither Kaep nor RG3 have any business anywhere near this team. Griffin's body is porcelain and Kaep is a one read then run QB. Would much rather let Peterman take over than have either of those two under Center. Peterman can process info well and deliver an accurate ball at least.

This is how I feel as well. We have one chance to win, and it's TT. Unless Nathan comes along shockingly in his rookie year due to injury, we'll be drafting a QB next year.

God I LOVE Bills optimism!

There are no veteran options worth pursuing

If TT goes down we see what we got on the roster for better or for worse.

You do if you beat the KC chiefs along the way

One of the Key features of the designed Bills Offense is the threat of our QB as a runner.

Should disaster strike and Taylor is unable to play, this key offensive threat is eliminated.

That being said there are two available backup QB's, Colin Kaepernick and Robert Griffin.

Both are experienced and capable of performing well in this style of Offense. From a talent

and experience point of view, both have better credibility than any of the current backup

QB's on the roster. However, both players bring some limelight baggage. Would it be worth it

to bring in one of these Vets for the sake of continuity of the offense, or is the limelight baggage

too much for this coaching staff to handle.

Why? To what end?

We have a veteran QB, his name is TJ Yates. RGKnee needs to hang it up for his own sake, and Kaep is never playing in the NFl again.

...agree......and my doubts about Casper-nick have NOTHING to do with his political views......he was more focused on his tats and poses, losing sight of his purpose.....he was figured out by DC's as was RG II 5/8........

Where does this idea that Dennison wants a running Quarterback come from. I am convinced some people here don't watch the NFL beyond the Bills.

Kaep having said that is better than any of our backups. RGIII? No. Anything he had is long, long, gone. He is done in the NFL... as probably is Kaep for different reasons.

I think if Tyrod went down it would depend where we were in the season. Still properly in contention I expect they would go Yates until we are out of contention. If the season is already dead it would be Peterman.

Why, exactly, is Kaep better than any of our backups? Because he had a string of impressive games with a very talented team toward the end of one season when defenses hadn't figured out how to stop him? His best year was his first year as a starter with SF. He was never that good again once defensive coordinators figured out how to stop Roman's offense. Like a lot of first year starters, especially those on excellent teams, Kaep looked good at first but fizzled. Troy Vincent, Mark Sanchez, RG III, Christian Ponder, Nick Foles, and Brock Osweiler are among recent QBs who looked great early on but then crashed and burned, and turned out to be not much better than Day 3 picks.

If the starting QB goes down, it's likely curtains for most teams' playoff hopes unless the team is especially talented and extremely lucky. Since there's not enough QB talent to go around, expecting to find a starter from among unattached vets is simply fantasy. Teams are better off rolling the dice and going with an unknown youngster who at least might be half way decent for part of season than wasting time with a failed starter.

Why, exactly, is Kaep better than any of our backups? Because he had a string of impressive games with a very talented team toward the end of one season when defenses hadn't figured out how to stop him? His best year was his first year as a starter with SF. He was never that good again once defensive coordinators figured out how to stop Roman's offense. Like a lot of first year starters, especially those on excellent teams, Kaep looked good at first but fizzled. Troy Vincent, Mark Sanchez, RG III, Christian Ponder, Nick Foles, and Brock Osweiler are among recent QBs who looked great early on but then crashed and burned, and turned out to be not much better than Day 3 picks.

If the starting QB goes down, it's likely curtains for most teams' playoff hopes unless the team is especially talented and extremely lucky. Since there's not enough QB talent to go around, expecting to find a starter from among unattached vets is simply fantasy. Teams are better off rolling the dice and going with an unknown youngster who at least might be half way decent for part of season than wasting time with a failed starter.

TJ Yates sucks!!!! If you don't believe Kaepernick is a better player than Yates, you are clueless about football.

Kaepernick could weight 150 lbs and sleep through the national anthem and he would still be a better qb than Yates. TJ Yates might be the worst backup in the entire NFL. Let's hope Peterman shows something.

Where does this idea that Dennison wants a running Quarterback come from. I am convinced some people here don't watch the NFL beyond the Bills.

Kaep having said that is better than any of our backups. RGIII? No. Anything he had is long, long, gone. He is done in the NFL... as probably is Kaep for different reasons.

I think if Tyrod went down it would depend where we were in the season. Still properly in contention I expect they would go Yates until we are out of contention. If the season is already dead it would be Peterman.

And if Tyrod slips on a mat or suffers a broken leg from a Bills DB in camp? Where do the Bills go?

One of the Key features of the designed Bills Offense is the threat of our QB as a runner.

Should disaster strike and Taylor is unable to play, this key offensive threat is eliminated.

That being said there are two available backup QB's, Colin Kaepernick and Robert Griffin.

Both are experienced and capable of performing well in this style of Offense. From a talent

and experience point of view, both have better credibility than any of the current backup

QB's on the roster. However, both players bring some limelight baggage. Would it be worth it

to bring in one of these Vets for the sake of continuity of the offense, or is the limelight baggage

too much for this coaching staff to handle.

Why do you think we would want a QB that is a threat to run? I'm pretty sure this new regime is done with "athletic" QBs. I love TT, but as soon as he shows he can't hit open receivers from the pocket, we'll be moving on from running QBs. Look no further than us signing Yates, drafting Peterman, and trading Cardale.

I thought this was to be a more West Coast/Quick hitter passing attack?

Neither of those 2 washouts(RG53 Or Krap) fit that type of offence.

Correct. We're finally done experimenting with running QBs.

He should go get tryout from Oakland and lose to another Bills ex-QB?

Or maybe Chargers are just cheap!

I think Bob Griffin's next logical step is to join the Mets farm system.

Dennison doesn't need a running QB. Shaub isn't a runner, neither was Manning/Osweiler, neither was Cutler. Cutler can run when he needs to be he's much more of a pocket QB.

Or Flacco, for that matter.

This.

The new offense doesn't require a running QB, it can accommodate one.

Edited by Thurman#1