Vet QB's that are suited for Bills Offense

gjv001

One of the Key features of the designed Bills Offense is the threat of our QB as a runner.

Should disaster strike and Taylor is unable to play, this key offensive threat is eliminated.

That being said there are two available backup QB's, Colin Kaepernick and Robert Griffin.

Both are experienced and capable of performing well in this style of Offense. From a talent

and experience point of view, both have better credibility than any of the current backup

QB's on the roster. However, both players bring some limelight baggage. Would it be worth it

to bring in one of these Vets for the sake of continuity of the offense, or is the limelight baggage

too much for this coaching staff to handle.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaepernick would be a definite upgrade, but I don't think he's the long-term solution any more than Tyrod is.

I don't think Beane wants re-treads or career backups after this year.

If Taylor gets injured, I don't think they'd bring in another veteran. I think they'd roll with Yates until we were eliminated from the playoffs and then see what Jones and Peterman can bring in a real game.

We have a veteran QB, his name is TJ Yates. RGKnee needs to hang it up for his own sake, and Kaep is never playing in the NFl again.

The Bills are going to be running a WCO so we need a guy who can stay in the pocket, make quick reads and throw receivers open. Which is what most good QBs do guys out there now that could do well in this offense might be a Shaun Hill but not sure he's starting material. Of those on the roster I think Nathan Petersen is the one most apt to succeed in the long term.

If Tyrod goes down for an extended period a young guy will be playing. They aren't going to be contending with Yates or any other stiff off the streets. If Tyrod is out for like 6 weeks they will roll with Peterman and hope that he looks competent. They will do all of this while bettering their draft position.

One of the Key features of the designed Bills Offense is the threat of our QB as a runner.

Should disaster strike and Taylor is unable to play, this key offensive threat is eliminated.

That being said there are two available backup QB's, Colin Kaepernick and Robert Griffin.

Both are experienced and capable of performing well in this style of Offense. From a talent

and experience point of view, both have better credibility than any of the current backup

QB's on the roster. However, both players bring some limelight baggage. Would it be worth it

to bring in one of these Vets for the sake of continuity of the offense, or is the limelight baggage

too much for this coaching staff to handle.

Dennison doesn't need a running QB. Shaub isn't a runner, neither was Manning/Osweiler, neither was Cutler. Cutler can run when he needs to be he's much more of a pocket QB.

If Tyrod goes down for an extended period a young guy will be playing. They aren't going to be contending with Yates or any other stiff off the streets. If Tyrod is out for like 6 weeks they will roll with Peterman and hope that he looks competent. They will do all of this while bettering their draft position.

I agree if Tyrod goes down I say see what our young guys can do instead of retreading a veteran since it doesn't help evaluate what we have and if none of them succeed it means we'll be drafting a QB with the higher of our two 1st Rounders next year or use them to move up and maybe land a guy we like.

I agree if Tyrod goes down I say see what our young guys can do instead of retreading a veteran since it doesn't help evaluate what we have and if none of them succeed it means we'll be drafting a QB with the higher of our two 1st Rounders next year or use them to move up and maybe land a guy we like.

Agree

There are only 2 potential starting options in 2018 IMO. It's either Tyrod or QB picked in round 1 of 2018 draft. Anything else would be a major surprise.

Where does this idea that Dennison wants a running Quarterback come from. I am convinced some people here don't watch the NFL beyond the Bills.

Kaep having said that is better than any of our backups. RGIII? No. Anything he had is long, long, gone. He is done in the NFL... as probably is Kaep for different reasons.

I think if Tyrod went down it would depend where we were in the season. Still properly in contention I expect they would go Yates until we are out of contention. If the season is already dead it would be Peterman.

Kap would make a good replacement for TT.

does he sign a "basket-case clause" in his contract with immediate dismissal for conduct unbecoming?

Dennison doesn't need a running QB. Shaub isn't a runner, neither was Manning/Osweiler, neither was Cutler. Cutler can run when he needs to be he's much more of a pocket QB.

I would hope a coach goes with what is in camp, which is TT, instead of throwing it all down the drain if it doesn't precisely work with his precious system (see Ryan, Rex.)

This. Neither Kaep nor RG3 have any business anywhere near this team. Griffin's body is porcelain and Kaep is a one read then run QB. Would much rather let Peterman take over than have either of those two under Center. Peterman can process info well and deliver an accurate ball at least.