Describe your favorite Sandwich

YoloinOhio

The mayo discussion in the Midwest thread got me thinking. If you could order or make any sandwich what would it be? Include type of bread, toasted or no, cold or grilled or baked, meat, cheese, veg, condiments, etc.

Mine:

Baguette

Turkey (smoked)

Provolone

Tomato

Lettuce

Red onion

Cucumber

Dijonnaise (or 1/2 mayo, 1/2 Dijon or stone ground mustard)

Cold

That's if I make it myself. My favorite sandwich ever from a restaurant was the portabello and veg grilled panini at Bahama Breeze. But they took it off the menu.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sourdough bread buttered on both sides and toasted on a flat top grill

Thick homemade smoked bacon cooked crispy

Medium rare ribeye cooked in the sous vide, seasoned with salt/pepper/rosemary, seared, and sliced thin

Thin slices of watermelon coated liberally with tomato sauce, vacuum sealed, and cooked in the sous vide

Dressing of 2 parts maple syrup to one part balsamic vinegar

Assembly:

Add a thin layer of dressing to one side of one slice of bread and top with half of the sliced ribeye. Top that with one watermelon "tomato" slice and then the bacon. Reverse the process on the way up.

Eat, and then proceed to revel in your culinary brilliance.

Rock Hill Bakehouse Farm Bread - lightly toasted

Rare roast beef

Smoked mozzarella

Horseradish mayo

Fresh salsa

With a side of jalapeno kettle chips and a glass of ice cold pink lemonade

A hotdog!

(Someone had to.)

OK..... Plums on Bay St (with a beautiful view of the Bay and marsh) in Beaufort, SC.

Grilled Turkey - $8.95

Smoked turkey, jalapeño jack cheese & tomatoes grilled on country white

Oh man this is an amazing topic!! I love a good sandwich. There are so many ways that I can go but will probably stick with 2 different options (one is seasonal and one is year round). Parkway Bakery is the best place to get a Po-boy in New Orleans. You can go at any point and get the surf and turf which is a combination of roast beef debris and fried shrimp. It will change your life. I get it plain but many others get it dressed (lettuce, tomato, mayo).

The other is their Thanksgiving Po-Boy: https://m.bestofneworleans.com/gambit/po-boy-pilgrimage/Content?oid=2278509. It is amazing but you probably only get 1-2 a year.

Probably just because it's been close to 40 years since I've had one, but I always loved a John and Mary's steak sub. The barbecue and Tex-Mex around here is to die for, but you just can't find good subs anywhere, and beef on weck is completely unheard of.

Anyone that has had my Maple Bacon breakfast sandwich on everything bagel at a Bills tailgate and claims another sandwich is their favorite is FULL OF CHIT!!! Your welcome.

Edited by mrags

In terms of the best sandwich I ever ate out, went to some random seafood place in the suburbs of Detroit about 20 years ago. They had a "lobster Rueben." It was toasted and buttered grilled sour dough bread; really creamy Cole slaw; and huge chunks of lobster.

Kind of a riff on a lobster roll, but better; still remember every bite of that sandwich!

Maybe I gotta sick mind JR. I'd fix the first clause in your first sentence. LoL... But I think it is just me.

;-) :-)

My favorite sandwich is one that is made by someone else. Sure, I can make whatever but when someone else takes the time to make it For me it just has more appeal. Can apply this to almost any food... however, my fried egg, ham, cheese, pepper, etc. sandwich is tough to beat. Bacon grease.

Probably just because it's been close to 40 years since I've had one, but I always loved a John and Mary's steak sub. The barbecue and Tex-Mex around here is to die for, but you just can't find good subs anywhere, and beef on weck is completely unheard of.

What was it about those things??!! How were they so good? I know I've looked on-line to see where they are located and check the menu in the last 6 months, and it's probably been 40 years for me too!

My favorite sandwich is one that is made by someone else. Sure, I can make whatever but when someone else takes the time to make it For me it just has more appeal. Can apply this to almost any food... however, my fried egg, ham, cheese, pepper, etc. sandwich is tough to beat. Bacon grease.

Ha!

PB&J has to be the best at this. So easy, but tastes so different when somebody else makes it, especially with love.

Okay... I just used the line I throw on my wife. Known it since I was five and used it on my parents. ;-)

Clean-up does blow!

What was it about those things??!! How were they so good? I know I've looked on-line to see where they are located and check the menu in the last 6 months, and it's probably been 40 years for me too!

1970s. Chemicals.

My inlaws whipped out cold pack from the 1960s. Whatever frozen liquid is in it, your guess is as good as mine... But those sandwiches taste good!

Oh...Wait.. Tie this into my post above.

Same here! That is a go to sammy!

Anybody mention Monte Cristo? Speaking of tornadoes in Cheektowaga, The Holiday Showcase had a good one back in day.

Indeed a definite go to....i can't say I've ever really had a bad one, but this place does them pretty good. The French dip is right up there as well.

http://www.madchefcraftbrewing.com/menu/

Edited by RaoulDuke79

Ha!

PB&J has to be the best at this. So easy, but tastes so different when somebody else makes it, especially with love.

Okay... I just used the line I throw on my wife. Known it since I was five and used it on my parents. ;-)

Clean-up does blow!

1970s. Chemicals.

My inlaws whipped out cold pack from the 1960s. Whatever frozen liquid is in it, your guess is as good as mine... But those sandwiches taste good!

Oh...Wait.. Tie this into my post above.

Do you mean the chemicals were in the food, or.....? Never mind. :)

My mom used to put potato chips on PB&J.

May I say, I love your mom's spirit!?!?

I remember being very young and visiting a friend. His mom asked what I'd like for lunch and I responded "mayonnaise and jelly". I'm sure she gave me a funny look before calling my mom and asking if that was for real. I'm sure I meant a PB&J, but my mom said "sure, give it to him". So she did. I actually went on a little kick of that for a brief period. :(

I remember being very young and visiting a friend. His mom asked what I'd like for lunch and I responded "mayonnaise and jelly". I'm sure she gave me a funny look before calling my mom and asking if that was for real. I'm sure I meant a PB&J, but my mom said "sure, give it to him". So she did. I actually went on a little kick of that for a brief period. :(

Terre Haute, Indiana loves you (see Midwest thread). You started it! ;-)

Mayo & jelly and mayo & cranberry sauce, same thing. :-/

Really??? Should I apologize to anyone in particular?

i used to eat cream cheese and jelly but mayo, yikes.

i think I ordered a turkey sandwich somewhere that had "cranberry mayo". It was actually kind of good.