Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

I really do not like 1 year deals for someone like this. If he is good enough to sign then sign a multi year deal with bonuses each year at option to team. Yeah I know about the 1 year salary cap bonus but if he works out then you have to go thru the whole negotiation process again.

Boldin will be 37yrs old in 2 months.

Plus, they report r that he backed out of a deal with the Bills last week. Maybe it was him who didn't want a multi year deal.

A 1 year deal seems right in this scenario. If things go well for him here and he performs, it should be a lot easier to convnice him to sign on for another year. But if things don't go well or his performance starts to quickly decline at 37yrs old the Bills are not locked in for longer.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not impressed with Beane so far. He couldn't even sign Boldin. No excuse for that. Right guys? lol (j/k - but this is why it's silly to get so worked up when a FA doesn't immediately sign before training camp has even started).

Love this signing! Boosts the WR corps big time IMO. Glad a Boldin decided to sign here.

A reasonable contract for a much-needed and heralded veteran presence. It's going to make the wide receiver cuts difficult because I don't know if they'll be able to stash Shorts on the practice squad.