Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

I doubt any teams with legit QBs are in the mix for this guy so one last payday is probably what he will get (from a team like Buffalo). I would be surprised if this is the typical "let's go to Buffalo to drive up the price". I think he ends up signing here today

It wouldn't shock me at all if a team like SD, who may lose 7th overall pick Mike Williams for the season, got in on Boldin.

Other teams with legit QBs that I could see being interested include Baltimore, Tennessee, NO, Carolina

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt any teams with legit QBs are in the mix for this guy so one last payday is probably what he will get (from a team like Buffalo). I would be surprised if this is the typical "let's go to Buffalo to drive up the price". I think he ends up signing here today

Maybe not to drive up the price, but teams that may have waited might have a fire lit under their but. Like mentioned above, there might be a team like SD (who has a far better QB) that get involved due to injury.

It's going to depend on the offer. If the Bills make a good offer, he will sign it. If they don't he will keep exploring his options. It's not that complicated. The situation in Baltimore or LA isn't that much better than the Bills. We aren't talking about New England.

It wouldn't shock me at all if a team like SD, who may lose 7th overall pick Mike Williams for the season, got in on Boldin.

Other teams with legit QBs that I could see being interested include Baltimore, Tennessee, NO, Carolina

i don't think the Chargers need him even without Williams

i don't think the Chargers need him even without Williams

I don't know. Their WRs are suspect and they had a ton of injuries last year.

It's going to depend on the offer. If the Bills make a good offer, he will sign it. If they don't he will keep exploring his options. It's not that complicated. The situation in Baltimore or LA isn't that much better than the Bills. We aren't talking about New England.

As always, I hope you're right. I feel like he will sit on the Bills offer for a bit. And Baltimore just has a rep of being a contender, especially with his past there.

Until it changes, we're the ugly friend you flirt with until you can talk to the hot one.

I don't know. Their WRs are suspect and they had a ton of injuries last year.

As always, I hope you're right. I feel like he will sit on the Bills offer for a bit. And Baltimore just has a rep of being a contender, especially with his past there.

Until it changes, we're the ugly friend you flirt with until you can talk to the hot one.

The Ravens have won 13 games in the last 2 years combined and the Chargers 9. The Bills have won 15 in that time period. Again, I'm not saying that he will come to the Bills but the perception that those teams are contenders is misguided. They are no better than the Bills now.

His past in Baltimore though is a different story.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

The Ravens have won 13 games in the last 2 years combined and the Chargers 9. The Bills have won 15 in that time period. Again, I'm not saying that he will come to the Bills butbthe perception that those teams are contenders is misguided. They are no better than the Bills now.

Kirby -- do you think they have talked numbers already...or is it a case where the offer was held until he visited?

I would be feeling a whole lot better if the visit was motivated by an exchange of numbers and they were close...

Are you referring to chalet Swiss the chicken rotisserie place ?

I grow up in Montreal , been in the states for the past 28 years and never seen one ☹️

Indeed I am. We had several locations around Buffalo but the company closed all US locations despite being successful locations. They didn't want to continue the hassle of different regulations and taxes and such. If you grew up in Montreal you must be aware of St. Hubert's which while good, is not even close to being as good as Swiss Chalet. I believe Swiss Chalet has stayed out of Quebec also come to think of it.

Kirby -- do you think they have talked numbers already...or is it a case where the offer was held until he visited?

I would be feeling a whole lot better if the visit was motivated by an exchange of numbers and they were close...

I don't know but 100% agree. I know with Barnidge numbers weren't discussed until after the visit so I'd assume this is the same.

The Ravens have won 13 games in the last 2 years combined and the Chargers 9. The Bills have won 15 in that time period. Again, I'm not saying that he will come to the Bills but the perception that those teams are contenders is misguided. They are no better than the Bills now.

But let's be honest here. Who does the average NFL think is closer to making the playoffs - Baltimore or Buffalo? It may not be true but when you haven't made the playoffs in17 years, old vets are going to be dying to play for your team unless you overpay.

I don't know but 100% agree. I know with Barnidge numbers weren't discussed until after the visit so I'd assume this is the same.

2 things, at this late juncture, I do suspect/expect that round numbers were thrown out. The Bills HAVE the $$ to at least match what he made last year and likely a little more.

I just can't see where the Bills would call and set up a visit without talking some round figures. Its the only reason Boldin isn't already on a team.

But let's be honest here. Who does the average NFL think is closer to making the playoffs - Baltimore or Buffalo? It may not be true but when you haven't made the playoffs in17 years, old vets are going to be dying to play for your team unless you overpay.

I would hope that an agent and 15 year vet are slightly more educated than that. The Chargers won 4 & 5 games the last 2 years. I don't think that anyone is looking at them as close. The reality is no one is looking at any of those teams as a chance to win. That's kind of my point. If he is trying to ring chase Buffalo, LA and Baltimore aren't in the conversation. If some of the top end teams were being discussed maybe. It's going to be about the money if those are his options.

2 things, at this late juncture, I do suspect/expect that round numbers were thrown out. The Bills HAVE the $$ to at least match what he made last year and likely a little more.

I just can't see where the Bills would call and set up a visit without talking some round figures. Its the only reason Boldin isn't already on a team.

Maybe so and the suspected contract numbers thrown around are pretty low. He isn't getting the $7M that Maclin got (or whatever it was). Edited by Kirby Jackson

Greg Roman is in Baltimore and pretty sure Anquan hates him. He's TE coach or something right now but with their rate of firing OCs and Morninweh already on hot seat, too much of a risk to go there and have to play under him as OC. Unless they overpay, but I don't think they can feasibly do that with their cap situation.

He made $2.75M last year with Lions , so should be less here.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/anquan-boldin-955/

Spotrac guy said his market and Barnidge's market are both vet min right now. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't see him having much of a market, he still makes sense in Buffalo because of what he brings off the field and he can mentor the young guys. I fully expect him to look noticeably slower than last year, he is old for a WR and has a big body.

I'm in the camp that thinks he signs here and does so very soon. This is an easy roster for him to make, they need his personality even more than they need him playing 20+ snaps.

Edited by Commonsense