Least funny comedian/comedic actor

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if Conan O'Brien is considered a comic or a comedian, but I, personally, cannot stomach him for more than a millisecond.

I've never understood his popularity either. Kinda got bored after watching him for 5 minutes. I always thought his sidekick was more interesting.

Yawn. He is ok but a one trick pony. The scene doesn't even make sense from shot to shot. Bad lemonade turns into too small a quantity.

He writes some funny stuff for sure but his acting is bad and the schtick is repetitive. Change the kids for a car wash attendant and the lemonade for a car wash and voila yet another Larry David scene.

You're crazy. Curb is hilarious as even their weakest episodes still has me laughing my a$$ off. David is a brilliant comedy writer and I'm fine if he is a one trick pony.

This is still my favorite scene. Warning, not kid friendly.

You're crazy. Curb is hilarious as even their weakest episodes still has me laughing my a$$ off. David is a brilliant comedy writer and I'm fine if he is a one trick pony.

This is still my favorite scene. Warning, not kid friendly.

I acknowledged that he writes some funny stuff. He does. But it is all the same, that's all. He's funny. But to me, brilliance is a word that should be reserved for someone who does more than that.

Dangerfield and Rickles are the two main funny guys for me.

I don't know why, and I grew up with his era, but Carlin never stood out to me although a lot of people loved him.

Cheech and Chong albums still make me laugh...

I threw Davids name out there because of Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Seinfeld had its moments that make you laugh but I feel the shows a bit overrated.

I rented the first season of Curb My Enthusiasm years back and thought it was just okay. Seemed like life just revolving around a bunch of millionaires. Maybe I'll rewatch it again, time changes how I see stuff.

Just my $0.02.

I threw Davids name out there because of Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Seinfeld had its moments that make you laugh but I feel the shows a bit overrated.

I rented the first season of Curb My Enthusiasm years back and thought it was just okay. Seemed like life just revolving around a bunch of millionaires. Maybe I'll rewatch it again, time changes how I see stuff.

Just my $0.02.

Canadian pennies, I assume?

Just my $0.02.

Or you could move forward to the seasons where Larry and Leon pair up.

Dangerfield and Rickles are the two main funny guys for me.

I don't know why, and I grew up with his era, but Carlin never stood out to me although a lot of people loved him.

Cheech and Chong albums still make me laugh...

Agreed on all points. Rickles and Rodney were the kings. Carlin was just too much on wordplay, that would get old fast (7 words you can't say on TV era was pretty good though back in the day). And Cheech & Chong's 1st 3 albums > their movies.

Just my $0.02.

I like Seinfeld a lot, but I think most seasons (not all) of CYE are a lot funnier.

Agreed on all points. Rickles and Rodney were the kings. Carlin was just too much on wordplay, that would get old fast (7 words you can't say on TV era was pretty good though back in the day). And Cheech & Chong's 1st 3 albums > their movies.

I like Seinfeld a lot, but I think most seasons (not all) of CYE are a lot funnier.

I saw Carlin live back in the late 80s. I'll preface by saying I think the guy was a comedic genius. But I got bored very quickly. There was a heckler situation that was so obviously staged and I walked out and spent the rest of my night outside at the bar smoking butts.

I won't count him as one of my "least funny," comics, but I can see why some people might.

Rickles, to me, is the best ever. Hands down, no close second.

I saw Carlin live back in the late 80s. I'll preface by saying I think the guy was a comedic genius. But I got bored very quickly. There was a heckler situation that was so obviously staged and I walked out and spent the rest of my night outside at the bar smoking butts.

I won't count him as one of my "least funny," comics, but I can see why some people might.

We saw Carlin years later, and he didn't even try to be funny as far as I could tell. He just wanted to talk about his opinion on politics. Cosby did a lot of the same thing. Again, make me laugh......I don't care about your opinion of how the world should work. Cosby is a perfect example of why I don't care about their opinion. You are not special, at least in any good way. Just be funny. Know your place.

I'll second that.

And on a sports note if this is true it's priceless:

https://www.sbnation.com/2013/7/5/4493840/don-rickles-tom-lasorda-dodgers-pitching-change

We saw Carlin years later, and he didn't even try to be funny as far as I could tell. He just wanted to talk about his opinion on politics. Cosby did a lot of the same thing. Again, make me laugh......I don't care about your opinion of how the world should work. Cosby is a perfect example of why I don't care about their opinion. You are not special, at least in any good way. Just be funny. Know your place.

To be fair to Cosby, he didn't have that much time to prepare his act. He was into a few time consuming things.