NBA 2017-18

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jason Tatum, You complete me.

!@#$ the Cavs. Show them the !@#$ing door.

Cavs mailed it in, both will hopefully care for game 7

they jake it maybe more in the playoffs than the regular season In this era

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

Cavs mailed it in, both will hopefully care for game 7

they jake it maybe more in the playoffs than the regular season In this era

I am a LeBron James fan, but it is games like that (he "only scored a quiet 24") that should put to rest the case of him being better than Jordan.  He is right up there, but he isn't Jordan.  I just don't remember Jordan ever having "quiet" games like that in the playoffs, especially. 

I am really happy the Celtics won, mind you, but if LeBron had anything in him last night, all by himself, he should have been able to make that a closer game, early in the 4th.  They had the lead cut down to 12, and the Celtics were shooting horribly, and being uncharacteristically sloppy with the ball...but Lebron was just going through the motions. 

At one point, he went from about mid-court to drive it to the basket for an easy basket, but seemed to lose interest the closer he got to the net.  It was weird...missed the shot, and then just trotted up and down the court.  I realize, he has every right to be tired, but you would think adrenaline would take over when the game was that close, and you know you are the best player on the court...as tremendous a player as he is (and I really think he is) he has had a game or two like this almost every playoff season...he wasn't terrible mind you, but he really wasn't putting himself out too much.

Hope to god the Celtics win on Friday.  A crucial road win would do them wonders...they are going to need a shot of road-earned confidence if they want to give Golden State or Houston a run for their money.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Buftex said:

I am a LeBron James fan, but it is games like that (he "only scored a quiet 24") that should put to rest the case of him being better than Jordan.  He is right up there, but he isn't Jordan.  I just don't remember Jordan ever having "quiet" games like that in the playoffs, especially.

I am really happy the Celtics won, mind you, but if LeBron had anything in him last night, all by himself, he should have been able to make that a closer game, early in the 4th.  They had the lead cut down to 12, and the Celtics were shooting horribly, and being uncharacteristically sloppy with the ball...but Lebron was just going through the motions. 

At one point, he went from about mid-court to drive it to the basket for an easy basket, but seemed to lose interest the closer he got to the net.  It was weird...missed the shot, and then just trotted up and down the court.  I realize, he has every right to be tired, but you would think adrenaline would take over when the game was that close, and you know you are the best player on the court...as tremendous a player as he is (and I really think he is) he has had a game or two like this almost every playoff season...he wasn't terrible mind you, but he really wasn't putting himself out too much.

Hope to god the Celtics win on Friday.  A crucial road win would do them wonders...they are going to need a shot of road-earned confidence if they want to give Golden State or Houston a run for their money.

Jordan did have quiet games like that, even if you don't remember it. Orlando Magic series in 95.

4 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Jordan did have quiet games like that, even if you don't remember it. Orlando Magic series in 95.

i don't recall Jordan EVER mailing in a game

it was the far opposite, Bulls would be up 25 in the 4th and an opponent would say something to him or glare at him and MJ would aim to punish the other team.

I don't count Jordan's 2 between years in 94 and 95 or his Washington sad years against his achievement

43 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i don't recall Jordan EVER mailing in a game

it was the far opposite, Bulls would be up 25 in the 4th and an opponent would say something to him or glare at him and MJ would aim to punish the other team.

I don't count Jordan's 2 between years in 94 and 95 or his Washington sad years against his achievement

Jordan had quiet games. That was my only point. He did. LeBron has.

5 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

You may be right...but Jordans' trademark, as I remember (and as row_33 points out) was pedal to the metal night in, night out, at least in the playoffs.  Not to say that he never had off nights where maybe his shooting percentage was off...but I just don't really ever remember him coasting in playoff game.  I just heard on the radio this morning that LeBron took himself out of the game the other night... maybe it is just smart on his part, knowing that he doesn't have the energy to carry the team at that point, and he is just surrendering...save it for the next game. It was weird though, because very early in the 4th, there was a point where it almost felt like the Cavs were clawing their way back in, cut the lead to 12, and then just gave up. Boston wasn't playing particularly well at that point either.  I suspect he plays great tonight, and we have a game 7 on Sunday.

Edited by Buftex

1 hour ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Jordan had quiet games. That was my only point. He did. LeBron has.

LeBron has totally quit in the middle of vital playoff games.  He packed it in against the Spurs and rescued by Allen hitting that 3 pointer.

Jordan never quit out there.  It wasn't even in him to dog it.

Huge diff there.

31 minutes ago, row_33 said:

LeBron has totally quit in the middle of vital playoff games.  He packed it in against the Spurs and rescued by Allen hitting that 3 pointer.

Jordan never quit out there.  It wasn't even in him to dog it.

Huge diff there.

Jordan never had to carry so much weight. Never took a bad cast anywhere. Jordan left the Bulls and they won 2 less games.

LeBron can take scrubs to the finals.

17 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Jordan never had to carry so much weight. Never took a bad cast anywhere. Jordan left the Bulls and they won 2 less games.

LeBron can take scrubs to the finals.

He plays in the East, it’s full of scrubs. If Hayward and Kyrie were playing this series would have been a sweep. A scrub Pacers team took him 7 and now he is losing to a group of kids and Al Horford. 

I get it, he is a good player but he isn’t Jordan. Jordan was a killer out there. 

He sets up story lines, reading a book on the sideline, huffing and puffing after 5 minutes of game time last game. Now Super LeBron will show up and destroy the Celts back at home.

I'm surprised no one's talking about the west. The Golden State Superteam is down 3-2 to Houston and needs a win on the road to avoid elimination. 

To me this feels like the championship. I know there's a reason they play the games, but I don't see the Celts or Cavs having much of a chance against either of these teams.

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

I'm surprised no one's talking about the west. The Golden State Superteam is down 3-2 to Houston and needs a win on the road to avoid elimination. 

To me this feels like the championship. I know there's a reason they play the games, but I don't see the Celts or Cavs having much of a chance against either of these teams.

After seeing the way the Rockets handled the Warriors the last couple of games, I am starting to thing a Celtics/Rockets re-match in the finals could be very entertaining...the Rockets are beating the Warriors by playing classic Celtics basketball.  If it did come down to Celtics/Rockets (how crazy would that be?), anything could happen.  Rockets would likely still have the edge, as they may be a little more offensively balanced... but I loved seeing the Rockets win these last two.

EDIT: Chris Paul out for game six...not good for the Rockets.

Edited by Buftex

The Warriors do not match up well with the Rockets with Iggy out. West, Pachulia, and McGee cannot switch when the Rockets pick and iso. If Iggy can play, then the Warriors have a better chance. 

3 hours ago, Buftex said:

After seeing the way the Rockets handled the Warriors the last couple of games, I am starting to thing a Celtics/Rockets re-match in the finals could be very entertaining...the Rockets are beating the Warriors by playing classic Celtics basketball.  If it did come down to Celtics/Rockets (how crazy would that be?), anything could happen.  Rockets would likely still have the edge, as they may be a little more offensively balanced... but I loved seeing the Rockets win these last two.

EDIT: Chris Paul out for game six...not good for the Rockets.

I hadn't seen that. That's terrible news. 

I would definitely prefer to see Rockets v Celtics. I'm tired of Warriors and Cavs.

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Celtics just not the same team on the road. Sigh.

They might wanna play defense with a little more urgency, 3 ft off LeBron with 1 sec on the shot clock is beyond stupid.

• Sad 1

Gotta win it at home, I am a big Celtics fan and it's frustrating to think what this team would be like with Irving and Hayward. Did not box out on the defensive end very well and were not helping each other out enough underneath. Fouls seem so arbitrary these days, so much contact the refs could call a foul anytime they want, or not. I prefer the college game, more teamwork and less one on one; but I watch the playoffs especially the Celtics. These young guys really stepped up this year and I think the team will contend for a title next year, if they make the finals this year they will be major underdogs but a slim chance is better than none. I am trying not to think the NBA would really like LeBron in the final.

Edited by Turk71

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

What was with his fake injury last night. One second he’s dying the next he’s throwing an alley oop

All part of his strong beta-side which makes him hard to cheer for sometimes.....

46 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Anyone rooting for Lebron is dead to me. That is all.

I'm all in on the Celtics...but if LeBron makes it to the finals against the Warriors, I am pulling for the Cavs, most definitely.

• Like (+1) 2