NBA 2017-18

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Cavs fans and media are so smug. I hate them. 

In fairness, LeBron is the closest thing to a "sure thing" to make it to the finals every year.  I am rooting for the Celtics, but if they don't do it, I'll still pull for the Cavs over whichever Western Conference team they face.

53 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Talking sweep?

Yes they are so glad they play the Celtics instead of the sixers. And they have laughed all year about the Celtics being “try-yards” to get the higher seed when it won’t matter once the playoffs roll around what their reg season record was.  I really hope it’s not a sweep. I wish we had Kyrie for the added juice. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes they are so glad they play the Celtics instead of the sixers. And they have laughed all year about the Celtics being “try-yards” to get the higher seed when it won’t matter once the playoffs roll around what their reg season record was.  I really hope it’s not a sweep. I wish we had Kyrie for the added juice. 

I think the Celts win one or two games. If Kyrie was available this series would be electric. 

Here’s to hoping that throwing random bodies at James finally works!

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

76’ers > Cavs 

I won’t be surprised if C’s advance again.  

Pacers had them on the ropes.   

LeBron can dial it down to where he doesn't waste one more drop of sweat on a win

Ty Lue couldn’t coach his way out of a paper bag but Lebron can win games almost on his own. The Cavs defense has been pretty bad, but if the supporting cast around Lebron is hitting shots they are tough to beat. I don’t love the talent around him though even with the return of Kevin love and infusion of young guys they got at the trade deadline. They are the type of team that could win or lose vs anyone. Playoff Lebron is usually on another level, but i hope the Boston crowd lights him up. I didn’t think the Celtics would beat them in a 7 game series when they lost Hayward and I really thought it wouldn’t happen when they lost Kyrie. I still don’t see it but I certainly would  love to steal a couple at the garden. 

even if you take the lead the Cavs will have the ball out of bounds at midcourt and LeBron is getting the ball and setting up a good shot and there's nothing that can be done to stop this

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Series odds against Philly was -375 for 6ers, Cavs are only -275.

A little respect from Vegas for the C’s

Sunday’s game is a pick em

Raptors still heavy faves over the Cavs?

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Raptors still heavy faves over the Cavs?

Never again. I don’t trust the NBA in general. Some of the stuff that I have read about Brothers and Foster the past few days makes you question why the heck we watch sometimes. 

In related news Tim Donahey has his own betting site called REFSPICKS, 75 percent of his NBA picks are games that Foster is involved in. 

The C's will be kings of the East for the next decade.  Taytum and Brown are the truth.  If they keep Smart or Rozier, they'll be unstoppable, even after Horford gets old.

Gotta think the Hayward marriage is almost over. They will need his cap money.  And Taytum ain't gonna come off the bench next year.

11 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

The C's will be kings of the East for the next decade.  Taytum and Brown are the truth.  If they keep Smart or Rozier, they'll be unstoppable, even after Horford gets old.

Gotta think the Hayward marriage is almost over. They will need his cap money.  And Taytum ain't gonna come off the bench next year.

That sucks but I could see it. Only thing is he’s Stevens’ boy from Butler. But he and Tatum play the same position. Could do this though:

PG: Kyrie Irving
SG: Jaylen Brown
SF: Gordon Hayward
PF: Jayson Tatum
C:  Al Horford

Terry Rozier 6th man 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That sucks but I could see it. Only thing is he’s Stevens’ boy from Butler. But he and Tatum play the same position. 

Brad is too smart.  He loved Avery Bradley, but knew when it was time to go.

Sucks for Hayward too, tbh.  One freak injury, if he has ever the slightest career blip next year, his whole value could change.  He may be getting sold off for a pair of rotational guys and a pick.

Would be nice to see them all out there on the court together next year.  Play Hayward/Taytum at the 4 next year, space the floor like crazy, with Terry/Smart, Morris off the bench?  C's might win 65 games.

Edited by jmc12290
  • Like (+1) 1

Didn’t get to watch it! From the 

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

200w.gif

Love it, sweep these bums ??????

Spent the day with family so I didn’t see one second of the game just monitored the score on my phone...is this real? If so what caused it?

was behind on both the golf and this game doing Mothers day duties. Oh my, didn't watch more than 15 minutes of this game with the massive skipping I was doing.

Yolo..is this thing over?

?I cant take another Boston dynasty

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

was behind on both the golf and this game doing Mothers day duties. Oh my, didn't watch more than 15 minutes of this game with the massive skipping I was doing.

Yolo..is this thing over?

?I cant take another Boston dynasty

It’s OK, the Celtics will REPLACE the Cheaters* as the Boston dynasty. I’m good with that. 

28 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Didn’t get to watch it! From the 

Spent the day with family so I didn’t see one second of the game just monitored the score on my phone...is this real? If so what caused it?

Cavs were just “rusty” they said ... I think the lineup they had out there was trash. They will probably adjust that in game 2. Cs also held Lebron to a pretty low # of shots. It was never a game - closest it got was 14 at the end of the 3rd, but they aren’t scared of Lebron like the Raptors were. I doubt we will see that type of game again this series but the Cavs say they are just always like this in game 1, and have “zero concern” per Lebron.

• Haha (+1) 2

Barring a complete blow up of the Cavs I don't see how LeBron returns next season.  Lue is not a great coach and the team just looks so disinterested.  They remind me so much of the Lakers in 03.  Lakers were coming off the 3 peat and just never really engaged all year.  I expected them to turn it on in the playoffs and they just didn't ever do it.  Cavs team around LeBron looks like they just expect to win because LeBron is on the court.  He had a rare off game and nobody could pick up the slack.

JR Smith with 4 points?

36-18 after the first quarter?

Marcus Morris had 21 and 10?

Somehow I'm sure he still beats them because I still won't bet against him but I feel even stronger he is gone this off season now.  Celtics are about to take over the East.  Stevens is a great coach but I feel people used to give Ainge a lot of credit and are kind of over it.  That's a great duo running things.  Ainge is just as important as Stevens and has really stacked that roster.  I do want to say though the east still sucks.  

13 minutes ago, section122 said:

Barring a complete blow up of the Cavs I don't see how LeBron returns next season.  Lue is not a great coach and the team just looks so disinterested.  They remind me so much of the Lakers in 03.  Lakers were coming off the 3 peat and just never really engaged all year.  I expected them to turn it on in the playoffs and they just didn't ever do it.  Cavs team around LeBron looks like they just expect to win because LeBron is on the court.  He had a rare off game and nobody could pick up the slack.

JR Smith with 4 points?

36-18 after the first quarter?

Marcus Morris had 21 and 10?

Somehow I'm sure he still beats them because I still won't bet against him but I feel even stronger he is gone this off season now.  Celtics are about to take over the East.  Stevens is a great coach but I feel people used to give Ainge a lot of credit and are kind of over it.  That's a great duo running things.  Ainge is just as important as Stevens and has really stacked that roster.  I do want to say though the east still sucks.  

Celtics and Sixers for the next half decade, with maybe the Fake Raptors getting an undeserved higher seed for the playoffs

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

They can all defend, they can all take advantage of a weak defender. Tuesday can’t get here quick enough I need to see this!

I suspect this is still going to be a close series, but if the Cavs are content to keep shooting from the perimeter all game, it will be a sweep.  The Celtics perimeter defense is stellar.  I don't want to over-react to a game one blow-out, but the Cavs just looked lazy, for the most part. 

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Celtics and Sixers for the next half decade, with maybe the Fake Raptors getting an undeserved higher seed for the playoffs

The one thing the Celtics have to "worry" about, is that they are paying a ton of money to Iving and Hayward.  You can only have so many "max-contract" guys.  Rozier is earning a huge contract, as are some of these other guys.  Ainge has maneuvered the cap brilliantly, for the most part, but this could cause them some problems down the road..particularly if either Irving or Hayward have long term affects on their game, from these injuries.  But, as a Celtics fan, I am happy to worry about that when we get there...

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I like to not set myself up for disappointment! 

I can’t control it anymore I have gone full green teamer. I didn’t see game one but even before the series started you can see the problem for the Cavs. They only have one real 2 way player in LeBron, that’s IF Love can no longer contain Horford. He has good career numbers against big Al though. 

I expect them to use Thompson more but that hurts their offense and LeBron isn’t keeping up with the Celts on his own. Korver is less athletic than Riddick and the Celts did a good job limiting his looks last series. Unless JR goes full John Starks for a few games then I see the Celts winning this series. Even if Love can get to 20 ppg I don’t see much firepower outside of him and LeBron.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

8 straight laughers?

Life is good in the NBA, Karl and Thibodeau and D’Antoni are called geniuses and haven’t won a single important game in their careers

I think it is nearly impossible to beat a team with four great players unless your team also has four great players.  

The only way GSW becomes mortal is if they get tired of winning championships and guys like Durant and/or Thompson leave the team.  

I think Durant's decision is a lot more important than what LeBron does in the off-season.