NBA 2017-18

11 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Donovan Mitchell is 20 times the player Lonzo is.   

Lakers got played. 

Why just the Lakers?  How about the Nuggets who traded the pick?  Or any of the 12 teams before he got picked? Including your Mavs :nana:

35 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Celts are 6.5 point dogs tonight, they have been underdogs for the first 3 games. Can anyone think of a time where a team was an underdog for each game and swept the favorite? 

I’m sure it has happened, they are asking on the radio and I can’t come up with an answer.

I know the east had more 50 win teams than the west but it still is a very weak conference

1. Raptors - chokers

2. Celtics - missing top 2 players but playoff tested

3. Sixers - A year too early, getting their experience

4. Cavs - Still gonna win dragging this apathetic and pathetic team to yet another finals appearance.  

It's too bad Kyrie and Hayward aren't playing.  That ECF would have been very interesting.  I was hoping Rockets/Warriors would be but the closer it gets to reality the more I see Warriors in 5 at most 6.

6 minutes ago, section122 said:

I know the east had more 50 win teams than the west but it still is a very weak conference

1. Raptors - chokers

2. Celtics - missing top 2 players but playoff tested

3. Sixers - A year too early, getting their experience

4. Cavs - Still gonna win dragging this apathetic and pathetic team to yet another finals appearance.  

It's too bad Kyrie and Hayward aren't playing.  That ECF would have been very interesting.  I was hoping Rockets/Warriors would be but the closer it gets to reality the more I see Warriors in 5 at most 6.

I think this Celtics team at full strength blows the doors off the Cavs.      

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I think this Celtics team at full strength blows the doors off the Cavs.      

At full strength being the key.  As they are comprised now?  Not a chance imo.  

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Celts are 6.5 point dogs tonight, they have been underdogs for the first 3 games. Can anyone think of a time where a team was an underdog for each game and swept the favorite? 

I’m sure it has happened, they are asking on the radio and I can’t come up with an answer.

That is interesting, i am sure it has never happened.

Quick question for you..I actually want to make a small bet on the 76's winning the series, but cant see that there is a line for that on Bovada...maybe you are better at that sight than me? Can you see a line for that?

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That is interesting, i am sure it has never happened.

Quick question for you..I actually want to make a small bet on the 76's winning the series, but cant see that there is a line for that on Bovada...maybe you are better at that sight than me? Can you see a line for that?

100/525

Open the Basketball section then click on the down arrow next to the words All Basketball select NBA Series Prices.

Edited by Commonsense

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

100/525

Open the Basketball section then click on the down arrow next to the words All Basketball select NBA Series Prices.

Thank you kind sir..hmm was hoping for like 8 or 9..might be worth $25 just for poops and giggles

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Thank you kind sir..hmm was hoping for like 8 or 9..might be worth $25 just for poops and giggles

Yeah I was surprised at how low it is.

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Yeah I can't imagine what happened in the 80s that would make you have watched early 90s C's  :rolleyes:.

Well my age group wasn’t old enough to enjoy the original big 3. All I remember is Larry Bird’s bad back and some miracle three against the Pacers one series. Reggie Lewis was the only good player until Walker and Pierce had a few good runs. Plenty of years watching Radja, Gamble, and Sherman Douglas dropping his floater. 

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

1 down, 3 to go:D

I still don't see it but if they win the next one the momentum swings wildly in their favor.  Glad the sixers showed up instead of laying down like the Raptors.  It's officially time to break up that team imo.

Great effort by the 76ers last night.  Not sure I can fathom them keeping up that intensity for another 2 or 3 games...that was kind of a role reversal of the first 3 games...one team playing insane defense, the other chucking up stupid shots...

On 5/6/2018 at 7:13 PM, Teddy KGB said:

Donovan Mitchell is 20 times the player Lonzo is.   

Lakers got played. 

Like most of your takes...this one sucks as well

This past draft was one of the best by not just the lakers but any NBA team is history......3 starting rookie players.....all making major contributions......and a ton of cap money to spend this next off season.

Stick to what you know.....crying that TT is not your boyfriend anymore.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Like most of your takes...this one sucks as well

This past draft was one of the best by not just the lakers but any NBA team is history......3 starting rookie players.....all making major contributions......and a ton of cap money to spend this next off season.

Stick to what you know.....crying that TT is not your boyfriend anymore.

Donovan Mitchell > all the lakers. 

You'll be right about something one day, you are due ?

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

As usual you don’t know what your talking about

i will take 3 good players over 1 good player and they are growing up together

Lakers are irrevelant. Fox Sports says only the Clippers have drafted worse than the Lakers for the past 20 years. It’s an LA thang. 

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Lakers are irrevelant. Fox Sports says only the Clippers have drafted worse than the Lakers for the past 20 years. It’s an LA thang. 

Currently the lakers ARE irrelevent.....

However that changed from last year's draft......and they have positioned themselves to be able to take on 2 max free agents (not to mention Julius Randal really came along this year........

Its been a long road.....but this next year will be playoffs

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Currently the lakers ARE irrelevent.....

However that changed from last year's draft......and they have positioned themselves to be able to take on 2 max free agents (not to mention Julius Randal really came along this year........

Its been a long road.....but this next year will be playoffs

Get Lebron for a few years! 

7 hours ago, Commonsense said:

What? What a weird cherry picked dumb stat.  The Lakers have won 5 championships in the last 20 years.  I'll take that over drafting well.  

Further the Lakers either drafted at the end of the round or not at all due to trades.  

10 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

McConnell gets a statue if he can have 3 more game 4’s 

The Rocky franchise and statue was actually just a foretelling. The prophecy of TJ.

Edited by Fetou

scary Terry! Calling the Cavs in 6, Warriors in 4

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

Should have been Brad Stevens.  Casey without KLown and DePression would have won 12 games.

I'd take Brad over Pop at this point.

Great game tonight.  Honestly I was expecting the 76ers to go down a little easier than they did. Really good team. Honestly hadn't seen a lot of them this year, until the playoffs.

Can't wait for this series against the Cavs.  Celtics will obviously have their hands full, with LeBron...but I am not counting them out.   Pulling for a Celtics/Rockets finals re-match!

The Cs won that series 6/22/17 when  Danny Ainge outsmarted the Sixers by moving from the 1st pick of the draft to # 3 in trade with Philly. Cs got an additional 1st rd  pick and still got their guy they wanted all along in Tatum & sixers got Fultz, who DNP. Tatum made a serious case for ROY and has been arguably the most important player for the Celtics in the playoffs so far. 

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Cs won that series 6/22/17 when  Danny Ainge outsmarted the Sixers by moving from the 1st pick of the draft to # 3 in trade with Philly. Cs got an additional 1st rd  pick and still got their guy they wanted all along in Tatum & sixers got Fultz, who DNP. Tatum made a serious case for ROY and has been arguably the most important player for the Celtics in the playoffs so far. 

Brown pulled his share and more last night as well, a great team effort.

I am assuming that Stevens is doing a lot of work that most pro coaches don't bother or cannot do.

Hope we don't have sweeps in the semi-finals.

I look forward to the rebirth of a Sixers/Celtics angry rivalry for the next 5 or so years.

I much enjoyed the Bird/Doc battles, in certain ways it was better than the Bird/Magic rivalry, but that isn't a winning argument...

The Hondo/Cowens years didn't mingle for a Boston/Philly rivalry, the C's were falling apart just as Doc came into the picture