NBA 2017-18

Not sure why Fultz or Holmes rode the pine in the second half last night, not sure either of them could have stopped Wade or the 3 point shooting, but Holmes could have gone after olynyk inside a bit to stop his rebounds and drives

On 4/16/2018 at 10:52 AM, row_33 said:

The game needs the Celtics and Lakers for national prestige.  I could say the Knicks as well but that shipped has basically sailed since 1975 (very sadly written here)

The Raptors are mesmerized by LeBron , or basically any team that wants to actually try on a given night.

Pacers couldn't have cared less he exists out there, Bucks went right at him with physical abuse their last regular season game.

watching the Warriors totally dismantle the Spurs, even without Curry, makes me take everything in the East with ten grains of salt...

Warriors look very tough... but not sure how good Spurs really are. 

On 4/15/2018 at 7:47 PM, Buftex said:

They've had other decent, not great teams since then...but they have always been reliant, completely on 3 or 3 guys. In all those years, they have never really been able to build a deep roster. 

I think LeBron is the best player in the game since Jordan (hot take, right?), but he isn't indefatigable.  He has been suseptible to wearing out, when he doesn't have a strong supporting cast. I would probably never bet against him in the East, but he, and the Cavs, are beatable.

Was never an excuse for Kobe.....

(P.S.  Jordan thinks Kobe is better)

12 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Not sure why Fultz or Holmes rode the pine in the second half last night, not sure either of them could have stopped Wade or the 3 point shooting, but Holmes could have gone after olynyk inside a bit to stop his rebounds and drives

Holmes played for a few minutes and was bad, committed a bad foul, and generally looked out of place on defense. It's hard for him to get minutes because of his issues with positioning and fundamentals.

The Heat's strategy last night was also pretty much setup in a way that makes Fultz ineffective, as he currently still cannot shoot. The Heat were content to allow the Sixers to shoot the three last night.

Edited by Fetou

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He showed you! :lol:

tough game for Tatum. 

Jaylen Brown is a star.

When Brown is aggressive he is tough. Morris is a good influence on the younger guys. I don't want this ride to end. I'm not sure how they will hold up against a team that isn't soft like the Bucks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/celtics/status/986432330553331713?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Edited by Commonsense

12 hours ago, Commonsense said:

If the Celtics could keep Larkin off the floor I'd be more excited. 

Funny, watching the game last night, I was thinking the same thing. And then he goes and hits a 3 at the buzzer...he is your classic bench guy...he'll put up 18 points one night, in limited time, and then, when you really need him to come through, he will get you 5 points.  I don't mind him for short stretches, but he was on the court a little too much for my liking... when he and Baynes are on the floor together, I get real nervous. 

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

SF sports radio bending over backwards these days looking for reasons to be concerned about the Warriors.   Yeah, ok....don't forget to wake everyone up for the finals.

the West winner may not lose a single quarter to the East "champion" for the 4 massacres that should be coming down.

fans are 100% owed a complete comingling of East and West for the playoffs, enough of this...

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Funny, watching the game last night, I was thinking the same thing. And then he goes and hits a 3 at the buzzer...he is your classic bench guy...he'll put up 18 points one night, in limited time, and then, when you really need him to come through, he will get you 5 points.  I don't mind him for short stretches, but he was on the court a little too much for my liking... when he and Baynes are on the floor together, I get real nervous. 

Eric Bledsoe is trash and has been getting his ass handed to him by Rozier AND Larkin. Then pretending last night he had no idea who Rozier is. Clown. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Eric Bledsoe is trash and has been getting his ass handed to him by Rozier AND Larkin. Then pretending last night he had no idea who Rozier is. Clown. 

Game 1 Rozier crossed him up for that game winning three and Bledsoe just stood there and didn't even make an attempt at getting a hand up.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Eric Bledsoe is trash and has been getting his ass handed to him by Rozier AND Larkin. Then pretending last night he had no idea who Rozier is. Clown

Bledsoe may have said that in response to Rozier (accidentally I think) referring to him as "Drew Bledsoe" after game 1.

I admit, I haven't seen a ton of the Bucks play this year, but it is remarkable how bad they are around the net...the series ain't over yet...I fully expect this to go 6 or 7 games.

Edited by Buftex

6 hours ago, Buftex said:

Bledsoe may have said that in response to Rozier (accidentally I think) referring to him as "Drew Bledsoe" after game 1.

I admit, I haven't seen a ton of the Bucks play this year, but it is remarkable how bad they are around the net...the series ain't over yet...I fully expect this to go 6 or 7 games.

He might have but Rozier clearly said it mistakenly and corrected himself. But it just looked worse with Bledsoe’s reaction to the question given his weak performance guarding T Rozier

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Vegas loving the Bucks tonight, staying away from this one. 

It was worse than I might have thought it would be, but I knew the Bucks would win toinight.  They looked like a much better team at home...Celtics couldn't match their energy, especially early on.

Only in Toronto can you have a well deserved #1 seed pout and act like beating an 8th seed is a very heroic and tortured upset for all eternity to admire.....

just stfu and play ball like a contender should 

29 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Only in Toronto can you have a well deserved #1 seed pout and act like beating an 8th seed is a very heroic and tortured upset for all eternity to admire.....

Fun game last night, little dirty stuff, some small tussles, love The District uni’s , even got a nice “ Rep the District” t shirt on the seat ! 

BTW, lot more Raptor fans there than I would have thought. Quite loud and funny pregame, maybe a few just a tad liquored up, but they were having fun and the back forth was all good natured and fun. 

Funnies thing was after the tussle with Beale and Valaclunus(so) USA chant started as refs reviewed. Then they played Born In The USA in the arena. Thought that was kinda funny! 

Cant wait for Sunday 

https://twitter.com/_rone/status/987337470315462656

I'm getting no support for my 76ers tank hate. Anybody want to back me up or am I just a dumb***

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

Anybody here like the bucks? They my playoff team

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Or at least someone who looks like he is alive

They never run plays lol. Giannis tries to get improvise something dope, and then if that fails it's a Kris Middleton going for an isolation with no help lol. It's funny to watch, but giannis just makes it work.

6 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

They never run plays lol. Giannis tries to get improvise something dope, and then if that fails it's a Kris Middleton going for an isolation with no help lol. It's funny to watch, but giannis just makes it work.

Hopefully someone with a clue comes in to take Giannis and the team to a next level. 

18 hours ago, row_33 said:

Good analysis, I’m not that much with the Raptors, can’t respect the players for this era.

Are you at tomorrow’s game?

No game for me today...but good 3 days hopefully in that building!

Bars and resturants near the Cap One center have to be loving life..Friday Night, Saturday afternoon, Sunday late afternoon playoff games...lots o food and booze being bought..great day outside today..people will be down there at 3 getting ready

Hope John Wall jumps up on the scorers table in Toronto on Wednesday in celebration.

this team is such trash in the clutch, they mock and boast and dance around over wins in the garbage East regular season