NBA 2017-18

• 4 weeks later...

Does this make the Thunder acquisition of PG the biggest steal in NBA history? He's clearly not leaving Westbrook AND Melo next year for LA like everyone said.

Good for Melo though. Couldn't think of a better group of guys to join to hopefully get a ring. If he joined Steph or Lebron, I'd feel like he's tagging along and it would diminish him. If he wins one with PG and Westbrook, both guys who haven't won anything, it does more for his legacy.

I'll never forget you...

To Oklahoma City. Don't really know who will make the best out of the deal. Anyway, for the next couple of seasons it'll still probably be Cavs versus Warriors in the finals.

Whichever team got rid of Carmelo Anthony got the best end of the deal. That is true even he got traded for a vial of Anthrax. The team he is on will never win a championship as long as he is there. OKC's downward spiral has been done.

Whichever team got rid of Carmelo Anthony got the best end of the deal. That is true even he got traded for a vial of Anthrax. The team he is on will never win a championship as long as he is there. OKC's downward spiral has been done.

What makes you say this? I believe OKC got a lot better today.

Agreed. I may be a Syracuse homer, but Melo is an extremely efficient scorer. Same with Westbrook. Those guys now don't have to be volume shooters anymore. That offense is going to hum.

Exactly and with a guy like Russ running that O giving Melo and PG open shots...yowzaa thats a scary thought.

His entire career makes me say it. He is all individual, zero team.

Who has he even had around that is as talented as these guys? Hes basically always had to do it by himself. The teams hes had in NY were jokes or mediocre talent at best and in Denver he had his best years there next to AI. When Melo has played next to other superstars (specifically in the Olympics) he has been lights out. Thats the guy I expect to see.

At one time I might have agreed he is all individual but the fact that he accepted this trade to play alongside two other superstars tells me hes matured and is ready for some rings.

Edited by CDogg20

Who has he even had around that is as talented as these guys? Hes basically always had to do it by himself. The teams hes had in NY were jokes or mediocre talent at best and in Denver he had his best years there next to AI. When Melo has played next to other superstars (specifically in the Olympics) he has been lights out. Thats the guy I expect to see.

At one time I might have agreed he is all individual but the fact that he accepted this trade to play alongside two other superstars tells me hes matured and is ready for some rings.

Agreed. I really can't wait to see him play this year; he's going to stun all his haters now that he can play alongside two other legit weapons.

I'm surprised people are excited about Melo in OKC. I assume a bunch of Cuse fans. I love the Orange but let's face it Malo isn't going to push them over the top.

Thunder are probably gonna get to 50-60 wins and conference finals, IMO. Unless the Spurs do something.

I need to see Russ, PG and Melo guarding Steph, Durant and Green. Appointment TV.