NBA 2017-18

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was bound to come to an end at some point... but just watching them fight back to within 6 at the end... I can’t say enough about Brad Stevens. He’s just an amazing coach. 

Yes.  I don't follow college basketball closely at all..when they first hired Stevens, I was a little skeptical...he looks like he is 15.  But he knows what strings to pull, he's not a cocky jerk, and the players seem to like him a lot.  Of course, having Irving doesn't hurt...

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the game tonight.  Had to choose between the NBA or NHL package...I was sure he Sabres were going to be competitive, so I pulled the trigger on Center Ice...now I can't sit through a whole Sabres game....also, when I checked the NBA schedule, the Celtics had 34 nationally televised games this year...likely more if they they are good...

5 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Yes.  I don't follow college basketball closely at all..when they first hired Stevens, I was a little skeptical...he looks like he is 15.  But he knows what strings to pull, he's not a cocky jerk, and the players seem to like him a lot.  Of course, having Irving doesn't hurt...

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the game tonight.  Had to choose between the NBA or NHL package...I was sure he Sabres were going to be competitive, so I pulled the trigger on Center Ice...now I can't sit through a whole Sabres game....also, when I checked the NBA schedule, the Celtics had 34 nationally televised games this year...likely more if they they are good...

I pray for the Sabres. I thank God for the Celtics. I love both. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/22/2017 at 10:13 PM, YoloinOhio said:

It was bound to come to an end at some point... but just watching them fight back to within 6 at the end... I can’t say enough about Brad Stevens. He’s just an amazing coach. 

We'll see when teams really show up in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Porzingis out 3 weeks at best! We were barely scratching playoffs with him. Not to mention he was in the mvp discussion. So.. bills in the playoff hunt is my only solace right now

Holy #@$!, another Knicks fan here?

I have had zero faith for a while now... Dolan is the biggest turd. Chris Dudley?!?!?! Letting Spree walk?!?!?!? NOT building a team around Melo?!?!?!

Our franchise hasn't been the same since Van Gundy, and it hurts my heart... Phil has been a complete and utter failure. Idiots.

I was running out of hope until this season. KP is something else.

Phil was the worst. Love Melo, but him and KP didn't seem to gel. Now that it's KP's team I'm more excited than I've been since Melo in the playoffs. Definitely a Hornacek fan.

My biggest beef is giving Tim Hardaway Jr. max contract, he's playing alright and all. But man, you don't think Lebron or some other top dollar free agent would jump ship to play with KP after this year? Tim's taking that cap away.

If Ntilikina improves (wanted/still want Dennis Smith Jr, so bad), and he looks pretty decent tbh.. I'm excited to see him, KP, Kanter playing together for the next few years and maybe a splash FA signing.

False alarm. Geez it looked bad but KP missed 2 games.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:37 PM, Buftex said:

Thank god for the Celtics.  My other teams (Bills, Sabres) are almost unwatchable.

yes but your fellow fans are Boston scum.

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

Best news a player gets these days is 2 weeks off from the meaningless rat race of the regular season.

Eh, the Knicks need every game. Rat race for the 8 seed in the East with a 500 record to get knocked out by the Celtics.

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Eh, the Knicks need every game. Rat race for the 8 seed in the East with a 500 record to get knocked out by the Celtics.

Yup, the rat race is real for teams that are trying to get 8th spot.  It means nothing to Steph or Kawhi to bother coming back before they are 100% ready.

But you are still watching a team that is hoping to get 8th spot.

It's not much fun in Toronto as we watch them play for the right to get bounced in the 2nd round again.

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Yup, the rat race is real for teams that are trying to get 8th spot.  It means nothing to Steph or Kawhi to bother coming back before they are 100% ready.

But you are still watching a team that is hoping to get 8th spot.

It's not much fun in Toronto as we watch them play for the right to get bounced in the 2nd round again.

The Warriors are so annoying to watch. They clearly don't care, already had a record breaking season and they know they can just coast to the playoffs. Rooting for Rockets in the Western.

A thought occurred to me last night and well as a Lakers fan I love the idea of it.

The Celtics are playing great this year and everyone is all over Stevens and Kyrie.  All well and good but I see no way LeBron doesn't go ham in the playoffs to single handledly take them out.  So this season will likely be all for naught.  No way Lebron doesn't hold a grudge and a motivated LeBron is still by far the most dangerous player in the league.  Somehow his jumper is better than ever and he is shooting 43% from 3 after being a career 34% shooter.  That is going to help him age well but to my original point I don't see how the Celtics can take him and the Cavs out.  I'm hoping for Cavs/Celts and Rockets/Warriors Conference finals.  Both of those would be must see tv.

56 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

The Warriors are so annoying to watch. They clearly don't care, already had a record breaking season and they know they can just coast to the playoffs. Rooting for Rockets in the Western.

what do you do though as a fan of the game once you see what we see?

1/3 of the time LeBron is going to mail it in, and when he tries his best I feel sorry that he has to waste it on a regular season game

Wait until Christmas Day and the NBA has threatened $50Million fines to teams that don't dress everyone and try their best?

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:40 AM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

False alarm. Geez it looked bad but KP missed 2 games.

yes but your fellow fans are Boston scum.

Yeah, I get that.  But, I think Celtics fans are a bit different that fans of other Boston franchises. Maybe I am kidding myself...I am not from Boston, hate all other teams from the area.  

A lot of players have the same feeling about them as you, which is why they always have a tough time drawing big name free agents.  But, once they get there, they love it.  I am no fan of the city of Boston, but I think they are a great franchise.  I also think the NBA fans there "get it".  They are in general, a very knowledgeable fan base.  They cheer for the other team when they do something special...and they respect the game.  As a lifelong Bills and Sabres fan, I sometimes wish our fan base would follow their lead.  I absolutely love the team they have built this year...they are built for the long haul...not the quick fix.

Not sure if they'll get past LeBron (though I like their chances much more than last year), but I know it is a smart franchise, it isn't futile to root for them, because the franchise is putting as much effort into building a winner as the fans are cheering for them to win one.  It's the way it should be. 

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 12:44 PM, section122 said:

A thought occurred to me last night and well as a Lakers fan I love the idea of it.

The Celtics are playing great this year and everyone is all over Stevens and Kyrie.  All well and good but I see no way LeBron doesn't go ham in the playoffs to single handledly take them out.  So this season will likely be all for naught.  No way Lebron doesn't hold a grudge and a motivated LeBron is still by far the most dangerous player in the league.  Somehow his jumper is better than ever and he is shooting 43% from 3 after being a career 34% shooter.  That is going to help him age well but to my original point I don't see how the Celtics can take him and the Cavs out.  I'm hoping for Cavs/Celts and Rockets/Warriors Conference finals.  Both of those would be must see tv.

You may very well be right, IRT to the Celtics/LeBron... I think LeBron is awesome, and the Cavs seem to be finding a groove right now.  I do know though, if they meet again in the playoffs, it will be a great series (better than last years' ECF) because the Celtics are significantly better than the team they had last year.  It still might not be enough to take down LeBron, but he is getting a little older...he won't be able to carry a team on his back, every year, forever.  Either way, I have no problem rooting for LeBron James, if he makes it to another final, even at the cost of my team.

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

" Cavs seem to be finding a groove right now "

it doesn't matter, they can fart and fiddle their way to at worst 4th place in the conference and then flip a switch to start playing in round one.

Very true.  However, if they kept playing the way they did for about the first 15 games of this season, I think it would put a bit or wear on LeBron...that guy has logged a lot of miles in the NBA. Of course, he was fantastic in the playoffs last year, but he did have a few games along the way, where he looked beat up. 

Regardless, while I want the Celtics to represent the Eastern Conference in the finals, I will be pulling for whichever team takes on the West.  

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 12:54 PM, row_33 said:

what do you do though as a fan of the game once you see what we see?

1/3 of the time LeBron is going to mail it in, and when he tries his best I feel sorry that he has to waste it on a regular season game

Wait until Christmas Day and the NBA has threatened $50Million fines to teams that don't dress everyone and try their best?

Dude these guys have fun playing the game. Most teams aren't mailing it in. Who is "we"??.

You know there's Knicks, Bucks, Pistons.. any team forums with fans just as avid as we are here.

On 12/9/2017 at 10:34 PM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Dude these guys have fun playing the game. Most teams aren't mailing it in. Who is "we"??.

You know there's Knicks, Bucks, Pistons.. any team forums with fans just as avid as we are here.

there were no Bucks fans until the last season, it's a team worth watching these days

but you sit down and they are playing a "top 5 contender" and its the worst garbage put on display because of the dog-!@#$ing from layup line

30 minutes ago, row_33 said:

there were no Bucks fans until the last season, it's a team worth watching these days

but you sit down and they are playing a "top 5 contender" and its the worst garbage put on display because of the dog-!@#$ing from layup line

There's always been Bucks fans, I know some. They've always been getting their hopes up for some player or another before Giannis. It's a fun game, with minimal severe injuries, especially not to the head. It's always on, the super stars come off like decent people. It's always going to be a decent game between winning teams. My only issue is having a team like the Warriors turn the all-stars to constantly shuffle a super team together.

13 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Fun game in Philly tonight as they and OKC went to 3OT. 

Love the trash talk. 

that was a fun game to watch, Embid was completely gassed by the end.  Unfortunately Saric and Reddick didn't play their best during the overtimes.  The Sixers are headed in the right direction.  Too bad they don't have Fultz in the mix yet

Alright, a night off and I want a good game with all of them on my cable lackage option

1. The Lativian Gangbanger is out, so scratch that one.

2. Celtics come out 12-0 getting their first 10 from the floor, garbagetime after 6 minutes.

Sixers come on at 8 for try #3

Backup with Blazers at Minnesota

Hope the Sixers want to try tonight.

14 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Rockets - Clips was pretty entertaining and featured a couple of my least favorite players in the league (Rivers and Gordon). The Rockets are a different team with CP on the floor. He makes everything go. 

Harden making a decent run at mvp