Shaq Attack - Sharks Never Sleep

Getting Sammy, Dareus, Hughes, Ragland, Tre White, Shaq back and re-signing McKelvin is like getting an extra 11 first round picks!

Shaq and Ragnuts will be instant starters finally and finish 1-2 in red-shirt rookie of year voting causing much confusion amongst TSW'ers about their seemingly short contracts.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's funny you mentioned that because those were the clips they used at the draft to show how effective Stanley was and how ineffective Shaq is as a pure pass rusher. because he had 1 play where he caught Stanley off balance with a spin move? how about the 50 plays where all Shaq could do was bull rush? watch the film you linked at the end of the 3rd and beginning of 4th quarter and watch how winded Shaq is. i remember watching that and thinking oh no this guy looks slow and if he's slow in college then he's going to be a snail at the pro level. what he does do well is he extends his arms and seals the edge while being in a good position to make a play. he will be good against the run

Edited by kdiggz

Re-signing McKelvin? Did I miss something?

"If" we signed McK, it'd be like having an extra first rounder in 2017.

Shaq and Ragnuts will be instant starters finally and finish 1-2 in red-shirt rookie of year voting causing much confusion amongst TSW'ers about their seemingly short contracts.

With all these extra 2017 first round picks, it begs the question of who we picked with our first and second picks in 2016. Clearly, nobody.

he will play better but he looks really slow. i doubt he is a big sack guy in this league. he will set the edge and play his role. he might have like 7-8 sacks and everyone will be like SEE HE'S GOOD but that will be because Hughes and Dareus flushed the QB his way much like what happened with Alexander last season

Idk, players progress and I'm giving him a mulligan for last year. He has one helluva spin move and powe rushing ability from the DE position, at least in college. I personally see his game translating pretty well on this level, especially in a 4 man front,he can collapse that line on any given play, plays to the whistle and idk, to me his power+speed is impressive Edited by JerseyBills

that's funny you mentioned that because those were the clips they used at the draft to show how effective Stanley was and how ineffective Shaq is as a pure pass rusher. because he had 1 play where he caught Stanley off balance with a spin move? how about the 50 plays where all Shaq could do was bull rush? watch the film you linked at the end of the 3rd and beginning of 4th quarter and watch how winded Shaq is. i remember watching that and thinking oh no this guy looks slow and if he's slow in college then he's going to be a snail at the pro level. what he does do well is he extends his arms and seals the edge while being in a good position to make a play. he will be good against the run

I am afraid this is about it. So far anyways.

as far as the bolded, he will be very good to excellent as he learns the trade and further develops his natural ability

Idk, players progress and I'm giving him a mulligan for last year. He has one helluva spin move and powe rushing ability from the DE position, at least in college. I personally see his game translating pretty well on this level, especially in a 4 man front,he can collapse that line on any given play, plays to the whistle and idk, to me his power+speed is impressive

have yet to see his speed. He seems a power rusher

Just have a solid camp and do your job Shaq, we're all rooting for ya. I can't think of a better situation for him to be in with his surrounding cast, plus Frasier and McD helping him along.

I think he will still take a full year or two to peak but it will be interesting to watch either way.

My guess is if you did a redraft in 3 more years you would have Shaq in the mid 2nd round. Good player, hard worker on and off the field.

Just have a solid camp and do your job Shaq, we're all rooting for ya. I can't think of a better situation for him to be in with his surrounding cast, plus Frasier and McD helping him along.

I think he will still take a full year or two to peak but it will be interesting to watch either way.

My guess is if you did a redraft in 3 more years you would have Shaq in the mid 2nd round. Good player, hard worker on and off the field.

Idk. I could see Shaq being a beast out the gate. There's a reason he was predicted to go top 10 in a draft with a lot of top end defensive talent.

Has a lot of traits you can't coach up - size, power, hustle, maybe he lacks speed but he's got great instincts and is quick for a man his size, which makes up for the lack of speed many knock him for.

He'll see plenty of 1 on 1 match ups and I can see him immediately having an impact, he's got the potential to be a beast in this scheme.

Hopefully the shoulder was the main reason he fell and we end up with a steal.

DE Shaq Lawson, the #11 pick overall in 2016 and possibly the best defensive lineman in the 2016 Draft, had a bad shoulder which required surgery. Thus, Lawson was never fully healthy and in prime condition in 2016.

Getting Lawson back healthy this year and playing him in his more familiar 4-3 DE position should do wonders for him.

Like Ragland, getting Lawson back healthy is just like giving the Bills an extra first round pick in 2017.

Enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duQ0csOVe4I.

"Possibly the best defensive lineman in the 2016 NFL draft"? That's really pushing it.

Bosa was drafted #3 for a reason. And Buckner was #7 for good reason too. Lawson looks like he could be a very good player if used well, but he was never likely to be drafted in the top six.

And that was/is his game. Set the edge, make sure tackles, and clean up the mess made from chaos inflicted by the pass rush. Thats EXACTLY what he was drafted for. So, 7-8 sacks from just setting the edge will be a GOOD thing!

I don't think that's what Rex was hoping for when he was drafted. But yeah, it's a reasonable expectation.

Tough dude, smart, good tackler, not a physical freak but looks like a good football player.

Edited by Thurman#1

"Possibly the best defensive lineman in the 2016 NFL draft"? That's really pushing it.

Bosa was drafted #3 for a reason. And Buckner was #7 for good reason too. Lawson looks like he could be a very good player if used well, but he was never likely to be drafted in the top six.

I don't think that's what Rex was hoping for when he was drafted. But yeah, it's a reasonable expectation.

Tough dude, smart, good tackler, not a physical freak but looks like a good football player.

Actually, it is what Rex wanted. I recall the comment he made about actually having a dedicated, selfless guy to set the edge. It was a dig at Mario for quitting on the team. Regardless, thats what he does, and I expect it to continue in the pro's😉 Edited by BuffAlone

I think that Lawson will be a good-very good all-around DE, but don't expect a lot of sacks. 7-8 sacks a year and very good run defense is what I hope for from him. If he is able to do that for several years, he will have been well worth the draft selection.

I think his game is similar to the inexplicably much maligned Chris Kelsay, whom I always thought was a very good player. I'd hope for a bit better pass rush from Lawson, though.

DE Shaq Lawson, the #11 pick overall in 2016 and possibly the best defensive lineman in the 2016 Draft, had a bad shoulder which required surgery. Thus, Lawson was never fully healthy and in prime condition in 2016.

Getting Lawson back healthy this year and playing him in his more familiar 4-3 DE position should do wonders for him.

Like Ragland, getting Lawson back healthy is just like giving the Bills an extra first round pick in 2017.

Enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duQ0csOVe4I.

reason to be cheerful part 3.

I think it is important to note that the kid hasnt been healthy in years

I would like to see what a healthy Shaq Lawson looks like

Not only healthy, but with a full training camp as a 4-3 DE to put him in the best position to succeed during the season.