Shaq Attack - Sharks Never Sleep

DE Shaq Lawson, the #11 pick overall in 2016 and possibly the best defensive lineman in the 2016 Draft, had a bad shoulder which required surgery. Thus, Lawson was never fully healthy and in prime condition in 2016.

Getting Lawson back healthy this year and playing him in his more familiar 4-3 DE position should do wonders for him.

Like Ragland, getting Lawson back healthy is just like giving the Bills an extra first round pick in 2017.

Enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duQ0csOVe4I.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll see a much different player this year.

First, Lawson had surgery and missed about half the season last year.

Second, as a result he was not in the best possible physical condition.

Third, he was asked to play a position that he was not familiar with and that did not play to his strengths.

Now fully healthy and with an entire training camp soon to have under his belt, he'll be much better prepared for this coming season. Add in that he will play the 4-3 DE position that he is accustomed to playing and the result is that we have a much better chance of seeing the guy who was viewed by many as the very best DL in the 2016 Draft.

That's something to be excited about.

he will play better but he looks really slow. i doubt he is a big sack guy in this league. he will set the edge and play his role. he might have like 7-8 sacks and everyone will be like SEE HE'S GOOD but that will be because Hughes and Dareus flushed the QB his way much like what happened with Alexander last season

he will play better but he looks really slow. i doubt he is a big sack guy in this league. he will set the edge and play his role. he might have like 7-8 sacks and everyone will be like SEE HE'S GOOD but that will be because Hughes and Dareus flushed the QB his way much like what happened with Alexander last season

So we'll all be tricked except for you. Interesting take.

I think you'll see more speed out of him as DE. As an OLB, he just doesn't push upfield. As a 43 DE, where he says he's more comfortable, no thinking just go.

I think you're spot on with him as a 7-8 sack guy. He's a guy that will clean up sacks as opposed to breathing down the neck of a QB on every rush and will have a huge impact on the run game. I think I read a college coach saying they specifically didn't run at Lawson because he just created so much havoc.

He's our Phil Hansen type.

And that was/is his game. Set the edge, make sure tackles, and clean up the mess made from chaos inflicted by the pass rush. Thats EXACTLY what he was drafted for. So, 7-8 sacks from just setting the edge will be a GOOD thing!

Looked like a pretty solid matchup to me. Shaq beat Stanley twice pretty badly from what I saw, but other than those plays Stanley held his own. I thought Lawson was most effective with the bullrush driving Stanley toward the QB. Shaq had little success with the speed rush as Stanley rode Shaq wide on the old Maybin trail. Aside from the individual matchup, I noticed pretty much every running play was toward the right side of the formation. ND didn't want anything to do with #90 in the run game.

That's my too sense. I'll be curious to hear from people who actually know what they're watching.

So we'll all be tricked except for you. Interesting take.

so you think Lorenzo Alexander is one of the best players in the league at sacking the QB? because he was last year. and that's because Hughes and Dareus were in the backfield every play and the QB was trying to get away from them. same will happen with Shaq now that he is the edge player

I think you'll see more speed out of him as DE. As an OLB, he just doesn't push upfield. As a 43 DE, where he says he's more comfortable, no thinking just go.

I think you're spot on with him as a 7-8 sack guy. He's a guy that will clean up sacks as opposed to breathing down the neck of a QB on every rush and will have a huge impact on the run game. I think I read a college coach saying they specifically didn't run at Lawson because he just created so much havoc.

He's our Phil Hansen type.

And that was/is his game. Set the edge, make sure tackles, and clean up the mess made from chaos inflicted by the pass rush. Thats EXACTLY what he was drafted for. So, 7-8 sacks from just setting the edge will be a GOOD thing!

yes correct, I agree. i'm just stating the obvious for guys that think he is going to be like Bruce Smith sacking the QB every play. that's not his game and that's fine. he will play his role