It's Reggie Ragland time!!

Teef, so sad to see that you still live to argue with everyone and everything. It's a very sad state..

I'm not even sure why I'm responding to you.

Since you can't seem to concentrate clearly on what I said, I said Lawson will play, but will be totally ineffective until the following season.

You can continue to argue, throw stones, fight and lay on your belly having another consistent temper tantrum kicking and screaming, and the rest of us will just smile...

i appreciate that you're trying to take the high road here, but at the end of the day, you're still the guy who makes fun of people's high post count.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been stated in other threads that he is slow, and a "throwback" type player. Just to clear it up, his speed, while not blazing, is on par with many other good lbers. And to be deemed useless because he considers himself a "throwback" is laughable! Isn't that a GOOD thing? Fact is, he's a beast. A tackling machine, with a nasty streak, high motor, and selflessness that only throwbacks have. Coupled with natural instincts, and an ability to scrape and shed blockers, tells me he will never be as bad as some claim he will. Looking forward to seeing him lay out ballcarriers this year, and in future years. Go Bills!

4.72 40 time. Is that really "on a part with many other good lbers" these days? Can you name, say, 12?

Agreed he's a tackling machine. The question is likely sideline to sideline speed and pass coverage. I don't know how he'll turn out. It'll be interesting to see.

To get back to the 40 time, here are the LBs at the combine who got a time as slow as Ragland or slower:

2017: Keith Kelsey, Kevin Davis, Ellis Brooks, Ryan Anderson, Hardy Nickerson, Ben Gedeon, Connor Harris, Devonte Fields

2016: Cory Littleton, Joe Schobert, Terrance Smith, Beniquez Brown, Steve Longa, Jordan Jenkins, Eric Striker, Kris Frost, Nick Vigil, Ragland himself, Nick Kwiatkoski, Jared Norris, CJ Johnson, Tyler Matakevich, Steven Daniels, Kentrell Brothers, Scooby Wright, Josh Forrest, Gionni Paul

2015: Curtis Grant, Cameron Nwosu, Ramik Wilson, Damien Wilson DJ Lynch, Qushaun Lee, Lamar Dawson, Michael Taylor, Hayes Pullard, Denzel Perryman, AJ Johnson, Max Morgan, Quayshawn Nealy, Karl Mickelsen, Chase Williams, Jeff Luc, David Mayo, John Timu, Amarlo Herrera, Steve Edmond, Jabral Johnson, AJ Tarpley, Cole Farrand, Trey DePriest, Terrance Plummer, Paul Dawson, Taiwan Jones, Henry Coley, Marcus Rush, Dyshawn Davis, Norkeithus, LeBrandon Richardson, Alani Fua, James Vaughters, Xzavier Dickson, Hau'oli Kikaha, Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil, Cameroy Lynch, Braylon Mitchell, Efrem Oliphant, Thurston, Armbrister, Houston Bates, Kyle Emanuel, Stephon Sanders, Michael Odiari, Matt Robinson, Nick Richardson, Geneo Grissom, CJ Olaniyan, Tank Jakes, Kyle Woestmann, Max Valles, Lorenzo Mauldin, David Helton, Chi Chi Ariguzo, Martrell Spaight, Brennen Beyer, Markus Golden, JR Taval, Aaron Davis, Tony Washington

2014: Christian Kirksey, Jonathan Newsome, Anthony Hitchens, Carl Bradford, Jordan Zumwalt, Kasim Edebali, Tyler Starr, Jonathan Brown, Christian Jones, Max Bullough, James Morris, Chris Borland, Preston Brown, Jeremiah George

Honestly, I didn't recognize many names there except for a few Bills, but I don't watch too many non-Bills games. Are there a lot of good players there?

His speed is a legitimate concern. Again, I don't know how this will turn out, but it's something that will need to be watched. How many snaps will he get? How effective will he be in coverage?

I'll be elated if Ragland is our B Spikes of 2014, but playing inside, and stops the run on the first 2 downs, and comes out on passing downs

What's wrong with that?

Its a terrific way to use the rookie in 2017

Who said he has to play every down?

Shag and Adolphus didn't

In fact how can folks be so excited about a guy like Hyde

Who in GB (until they suffered injuries) over 4 years was mostly a 3rd down backup depth nickel CB playing mostly just one down

Barely 600 snaps in 2015

And yet so unexcited about Ragland just playing two?

I keep reading posts about Hyde being 'special'

How so? What has he actually done as a player to date that was 'special'? lol

Nada, he's a nice piece of needed change in our secondary but he has very little upside

I am far more primed about Ragland's upside, let's dream big

Not to mention Hodges PFF rating vs the run last year was superb, better than Zach's and Lorax, that's EXCITING....

jc

I'd be a bit depressed if Ragland was our B Spikes of 2014

In 2014, Spikes played in 46.4% of our defensive snaps. IMHO that would not be good if that's how much Ragland sees the field. And since 2014, two-down LBs snaps have further dropped.

Edited by Thurman#1

Ragland's upside: supposed to be superior gamer with massive football IQ and nose for the game

Downside: too slow for the NFL

I am reminded of Darryl Talley's comment around the time Ragland was drafted, saying something to the effect that he can't wait to see Ragland in a Bills uniform as the guy is a straight up great football player.

An endorsement like that from D.T. has got to be good.

I'll probably be more interested to watch Ragland than any other Bill this season, at least at first.

4.72 40 time. Is that really "on a part with many other good lbers" these days? Can you name, say, 12?

Agreed he's a tackling machine. The question is likely sideline to sideline speed and pass coverage. I don't know how he'll turn out. It'll be interesting to see.

To get back to the 40 time, here are the LBs at the combine who got a time as slow as Ragland or slower:

2017: Keith Kelsey, Kevin Davis, Ellis Brooks, Ryan Anderson, Hardy Nickerson, Ben Gedeon, Connor Harris, Devonte Fields

2016: Cory Littleton, Joe Schobert, Terrance Smith, Beniquez Brown, Steve Longa, Jordan Jenkins, Eric Striker, Kris Frost, Nick Vigil, Ragland himself, Nick Kwiatkoski, Jared Norris, CJ Johnson, Tyler Matakevich, Steven Daniels, Kentrell Brothers, Scooby Wright, Josh Forrest, Gionni Paul

2015: Curtis Grant, Cameron Nwosu, Ramik Wilson, Damien Wilson DJ Lynch, Qushaun Lee, Lamar Dawson, Michael Taylor, Hayes Pullard, Denzel Perryman, AJ Johnson, Max Morgan, Quayshawn Nealy, Karl Mickelsen, Chase Williams, Jeff Luc, David Mayo, John Timu, Amarlo Herrera, Steve Edmond, Jabral Johnson, AJ Tarpley, Cole Farrand, Trey DePriest, Terrance Plummer, Paul Dawson, Taiwan Jones, Henry Coley, Marcus Rush, Dyshawn Davis, Norkeithus, LeBrandon Richardson, Alani Fua, James Vaughters, Xzavier Dickson, Hau'oli Kikaha, Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil, Cameroy Lynch, Braylon Mitchell, Efrem Oliphant, Thurston, Armbrister, Houston Bates, Kyle Emanuel, Stephon Sanders, Michael Odiari, Matt Robinson, Nick Richardson, Geneo Grissom, CJ Olaniyan, Tank Jakes, Kyle Woestmann, Max Valles, Lorenzo Mauldin, David Helton, Chi Chi Ariguzo, Martrell Spaight, Brennen Beyer, Markus Golden, JR Taval, Aaron Davis, Tony Washington

2014: Christian Kirksey, Jonathan Newsome, Anthony Hitchens, Carl Bradford, Jordan Zumwalt, Kasim Edebali, Tyler Starr, Jonathan Brown, Christian Jones, Max Bullough, James Morris, Chris Borland, Preston Brown, Jeremiah George

Honestly, I didn't recognize many names there except for a few Bills, but I don't watch too many non-Bills games. Are there a lot of good players there?

His speed is a legitimate concern. Again, I don't know how this will turn out, but it's something that will need to be watched. How many snaps will he get? How effective will he be in coverage?

In 2014, Spikes played in 46.4% of our defensive snaps. IMHO that would not be good if that's how much Ragland sees the field.

Chris Borland was an above average LB. Thats all I see.

Ragland's upside: supposed to be superior gamer with massive football IQ and nose for the game

I am reminded of Darryl Talley's comment around the time Ragland was drafted, saying something to the effect that he can't wait to see Ragland in a Bills uniform as the guy is a straight up great football player.

I'll probably be more interested to watch Ragland than any other Bill this season, at least at first.

The Speed v. Football IQ will be worth watching for sure.

how would DT know?

I mean he couldn't know more than some on this board, could he?

sarcasm3.jpg

Appreciate the research you've done. Fwiw..he ran 4.62 at pro day. Lets call it an average of 4.67. Thats not fast, but its decent. Thay was my point. And to put that wirh excellent recognition and instincts, i think he will be good, if not great. Jyst my opinion

In 2014, Spikes played in 46.4% of our defensive snaps. IMHO that would not be good if that's how much Ragland sees the field. And since 2014, two-down LBs snaps have further dropped.

Chris Borland was an above average LB. Thats all I see.

Thanks.

And that's the concern.

Can't reply to BuffAlone's reply as he formatted it strangely, but he's saying that Ragland's pro day was faster. Yeah, so is nearly everyone's. The playing field at pro days isn't all that level.

He may be right that Ragland turns out to be a good one. Dunno. But his speed is a concern and I'm not buying that he's got the same speed as a lot of successful LBs these days. I don't think he does.

He'll have to make up for his speed with terrific instincts and smarts. Maybe he can. Maybe he'll be on the field a lot. Hope so, but I'm sure not counting on it.

Edited by Thurman#1

Thanks.

And that's the concern.

Can't reply to BuffAlone's reply as he formatted it strangely, but he's saying that Ragland's pro day was faster. Yeah, so is nearly everyone's. The playing field at pro days isn't all that level.

He may be right that Ragland turns out to be a good one. Dunno. But his speed is a concern and I'm not buying that he's got the same speed as a lot of successful LBs these days. I don't think he does.

He'll have to make up for his speed with terrific instincts and smarts. Maybe he can. Maybe he'll be on the field a lot. Hope so, but I'm sure not counting on it.

Didnt mean to format it weird..sorry bout that. Yes, he's not blazing fast. But i think his speed will be adequate, at least i sure hope so. Im ready to see what he's got.

The kid hasn't even played a down yet and already he's got more faults and shortcomings than you can imagine! Really? The kid was a consensus top pick from frickin Alabama! He's played against the best that College had to offer. Can we please give him a chance before we convince ourselves that he needs to thrown on the ever growing pile known as the Buffalo Bills scrap heap?

Teef, so sad to see that you still live to argue with everyone and everything. It's a very sad state..

I'm not even sure why I'm responding to you.

Since you can't seem to concentrate clearly on what I said, I said Lawson will play, but will be totally ineffective until the following season.

You can continue to argue, throw stones, fight and lay on your belly having another consistent temper tantrum kicking and screaming, and the rest of us will just smile...

No George...that was not what you said. I remember clearly because we responded back and forth several times on this topic. Indybillsfan was also involved and he will tell you the same thing.

You said he won't be ready for 2016. But then said IF he does get cleared, he will be ineffective. Not only that, you also stated that the doctor who clears him will be making a mistake.

You were so adamant that his healing time would be around the same as yours. You even mocked me when I brought up that healing times aren't all the same and you said "what is he a non-human?"

And now you're telling us about ACL's....

Dr.George says the knee will never be as strong after surgery but a guy who actually performs the surgery says it can be much stronger. Who is wrong?

i appreciate that you're trying to take the high road here, but at the end of the day, you're still the guy who makes fun of people's high post count.

George isn't telling the truth Teef.

This isn't the first time he's made a bold statement when he was wrong to try and cover up later.

Pretty interesting that in Leslie Frazier's interview with SiriusXM last night he didn't even mention Ragland when discussing the LBs, despite talking about just about every LB on the roster.

Pretty interesting that in Leslie Frazier's interview with SiriusXM last night he didn't even mention Ragland when discussing the LBs, despite talking about just about every LB on the roster.

So you're saying we have more depth than even we thought. Sweet!

There was a linked article on TBD which may still be on the from page where Frazier said Ragland and Brown would both be in the top 11. We'll see I guess.

There was a linked article on TBD which may still be on the from page where Frazier said Ragland and Brown would both be in the top 11. We'll see I guess.

Yeah, I know, which is why it was weird. Frazier was really talking up Preston in the MLB spot.

This is yet another gamble (ACL) that the bills take every year while they fail to make an offer on a pro bowl player that skips off to Washington on a 2.3 mil deal.

we now sit around with no real depth and you just know it will come back to haunt us

good luck reggie

oh Teef,get a grip.....lol