Sunday Ticket 2017

Mr Info

I'm so proud of you guys. Like watching my own kids fledged...

NEVER, ever pay full price. Call every year. Cry. Blame the economy. Blame Bush. Use your savings for wings and beer. :D I'm proud of you...

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with an earlier post...too early to call. I usually call around the 2nd preseason game. I think the original poster caught a break because he has AT&T; that makes a big difference. I've got about $55 in credits/month that expires in August, will make the annual call, get the credits and hopefully get ST at a reduced price.

I agree with an earlier post...too early to call. I usually call around the 2nd preseason game. I think the original poster caught a break because he has AT&T; that makes a big difference. I've got about $55 in credits/month that expires in August, will make the annual call, get the credits and hopefully get ST at a reduced price.

Ned, is that you?

:)

The last few years ive talked them down. We pay our bills on time and have had them for like 15 years. So it helps.

The last year they gave me the ticket for 99 bucks. I told them we only really use DTV for sunday ticket and i told them my "son" pays for it and he lost his job and cant afford it. We are a huge football family and anything you could do for us would be a great help.

Week 1 was free. Week 2...no Sunday Ticket...I call them while missing the game. They had that agreement in their notes but that was a promotion that wasnt available at the moment.

I told them this gotta get this package back up and please honor the agreement. They did. So it was a cheap season for me.

But is the streaming option still only for those who can't get DTV, or have they relaxed that requirement?

DTV kind of has a dilemma, they can stick to their guns and not give the streaming out unless you can't get DTV, but they run the risk of totally losing viewers as many are "cutting the cord" So are they better off at least getting something in return in the way of a ST streaming fee.

I do think since ATT bought DTV it's getting harder to get a good deal on ST.

Yes they have a pay to stream option

Like the poster said above. Pay for the streaming option. Also like I mentioned earlier. If you know someone in college you can get it at a discount. We paid $99 last season. I'm sure it will be similar this year.

Do you have a college student in your family or at least know one? If so drop Direct tv and pay $99 for the season. Stream it on one of your streaming devices like firestick, roku, Apple Tv or whatever else you have.

I've done the kodi and streaming websites and they're ok but not 100 percent reliable.

the online version works great. You can also get it if you have ATT mobile I believe, or live where you can't get Direct TV. I tried to get Direct TV at my house, no area for the Dish, so now I can get the online version. Good product. I stream with Cromecast. It gets better (less buffering, etc.) every year.

But is the streaming option still only for those who can't get DTV, or have they relaxed that requirement?

DTV kind of has a dilemma, they can stick to their guns and not give the streaming out unless you can't get DTV, but they run the risk of totally losing viewers as many are "cutting the cord" So are they better off at least getting something in return in the way of a ST streaming fee.

I do think since ATT bought DTV it's getting harder to get a good deal on ST.

Anyone can get it now.

https://www.directvnow.com/

Edited by CodeMonkey

Ned... Same here. I called last August and got $50 off a month for a year, $5 a month off HBO and Sunday Ticket Max for $100. So I'll call in August when the credits end and go for the same package plus a few months of Showtime or Skin-a-max.

Got the letter saying they would renew my ST Max at ($62.99 x 6 payments). Made my annual call yesterday, spoke with 2 people... the best they could do was $24.99 x 4 payments for Max. So getting it for $100 vs. $378 just for making a phone call is all well and good but last year i got it for *FREE*. I kept pressing and she said the 24.99 x 4 was the very best "loyalty discount" they could offer. She said if i declined I could always call back in a few weeks and see if anything better is available.

So i accepted it for now and will call back in a month and see if I can do better or get some credits added to my account to offset it.

Got the letter saying they would renew my ST Max at ($62.99 x 6 payments). Made my annual call yesterday, spoke with 2 people... the best they could do was $24.99 x 4 payments for Max. So getting it for $100 vs. $378 just for making a phone call is all well and good but last year i got it for *FREE*. I kept pressing and she said the 24.99 x 4 was the very best "loyalty discount" they could offer. She said if i declined I could always call back in a few weeks and see if anything better is available.

So i accepted it for now and will call back in a month and see if I can do better or get some credits added to my account to offset it.

Did you speak with an agent or Retention Department?

you got it for FREE and they know it. Beggars can't bee choosy or greedy!

damn, last season all they gave me was $24.99 x 6. which was the same as the season before and the season before.

They automatically renew you for the ST MAX. You have to call and tell them that you don't want or need the max.

I'm sure I've posted this before

My bi-annual call for credits has my bill @ $180 during football season.

All the premier movie channels and a sports package post season $153/month

Did you speak with an agent or Retention Department?

I spoke with 2 agents, the second was someone specifically for ST calls.

you got it for FREE and they know it. Beggars can't bee choosy or greedy!

damn, last season all they gave me was $24.99 x 6. which was the same as the season before and the season before.

They automatically renew you for the ST MAX. You have to call and tell them that you don't want or need the max.

I'm sure I've posted this before

My bi-annual call for credits has my bill @ $180 during football season.

All the premier movie channels and a sports package post season $153/month

I was OK with the offer, can't complain. If other people here eventually start posting about Free NFL ticket plus all the premium channels...that's when i call back and start asking for more loyalty discounts. I've been a customer since 2000 and believe me...I've paid them enough $$ over the years to equal a really nice car. I don't feel bad asking for the most discounts possible...