Who is your surprise cut?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric Wood or Kyle Williams.

Preston Brown wouldn't be a big surprise.

Wood or Williams would be SHOCK cuts. Like Freddie Jackson shock. I think Preston would be a surprise in the same way Manny Lawson was last year... but he wouldn't shock me.

Wood or Williams would be SHOCK cuts. Like Freddie Jackson shock. I think Preston would be a surprise in the same way Manny Lawson was last year... but he wouldn't shock me.

..if cap room became an issue, I think they may choose to re-work those deals first......worst case is that both could have eventual rotational value and be designated as post June 1, 2018 cuts to spread remainder over two years....

I could see Wood being a cap casualty. When we resigned Groy, some got the feeling including myself that Wood days were numbered. We have Lewis at backup Center, who has starting experience. Groy, can play both G and C. Both make significantly less than Wood and are 5 years younger than he is.

I like Wood and felt he was playing his best ball before the injury last year on that chaotic Monday night game. Groy stepped in and had a rough go of it during the Seattle game but after that, he played well and the drop off in play wasn't really noticeable.

Williams, I think it has been stated previously in this thread that McDermott wanted him back and he is a need for this defense. So Williams getting cut hasn't even crossed my mind.

eric wood, tolbert

eric wood is overrated af. good guy and all that but he's just not that good ot justify keeping him for the $$ and drop off to the next level.

washington is very good for where he was drafted. i could see him traded easily. he'd do well in atlanta's system or minnesota. the jets would also do well with him

Taylor. For no other reason than it would be a surprise.

And because so far he is not looking too good. Yates is going to outplay him but when does this staff pull the trigger? If it's a competition at all positions I'm not totally convinced Tyrod can win it

And because so far he is not looking too good. Yates is going to outplay him but when does this staff pull the trigger? If it's a competition at all positions I'm not totally convinced Tyrod can win it

Are you being serious now or no? I can never tell. You have some odd chicken little tendencies at times. I promise you Tyrod Taylor will be the Bills QB.

I could see Wood being a cap casualty. When we resigned Groy, some got the feeling including myself that Wood days were numbered. We have Lewis at backup Center, who has starting experience. Groy, can play both G and C. Both make significantly less than Wood and are 5 years younger than he is.

I like Wood and felt he was playing his best ball before the injury last year on that chaotic Monday night game. Groy stepped in and had a rough go of it during the Seattle game but after that, he played well and the drop off in play wasn't really noticeable.

Williams, I think it has been stated previously in this thread that McDermott wanted him back and he is a need for this defense. So Williams getting cut hasn't even crossed my mind.

not this season

BTW there will be no surprises under this regime.

bland and consistent. much like a saltine cracker. just getting it done efficiently and quietly

What about Reid Ferguson? That would be a shock at this point. No other LS on the roster.

I believe Nick O'Leary would be next in line.

NFW is O Leary going any where.

have you lost your be beans?

All of these names either would not surprise me, or I can't even see any reason for them to justifiably happen. I'm not good at this game.

It's weird this year. Usually there are a few "Preston Brown" types that would surprise you but it COULD happen (think Manny Lawson). This year there are not many candidates.

Are you being serious now or no? I can never tell. You have some odd chicken little tendencies at times. I promise you Tyrod Taylor will be the Bills QB.

I don't think it happens either but I also don't think in a fair competition that it is such a sure thing. I think Yates will move the ball consistently. Tyrod will make plays with his legs but between the tackles can he stand in the pocket and deliver the ball 45 times a game? West coast offense is timing based. 1, 2, 3, throw. Not 1, 2, 3, pump, run around, point, throw. Let's see how the preseason goes